I REMEMBERED EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

ONE MORE CHANCE (EDITED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SEO Hyun glanced at watch on the table and started to arrange the files as it was almost lunch hour. From her place, she could see Kyuhyun was too focused in doing his job, and he would certainly skipped his lunch if she didn't remind him. When she was about to press intercom button, the familiar figure that she could see from the corner of her eyes made Seo Hyun speechless as she didn't expect that person to pay her a visit.

     “Mom, what are you doing here?” she was quite surprised to saw Mrs.Dae Hae here, and she responded by smiling at Seo Hyun.

     “I come to have lunch with my daughter-in-law,” Mrs.Dae Hae replied which her words slightly flustered her. Checking the surrounding before her sight glued at Kyuhyun, she sighed in relief that no one was around at that moment.

     “Mom, have you forgotten that no one here know about my marriage including Kyuhyun? I told him that you and Dad are someone I know from the past,” Seo Hyun explained in low volume, for she afraid someone might hear them. No wonder she looked fluster, for Mrs.Dae Hae had made small mistake just. Then her gaze drifted onto her empty finger, which made Seo Hyun slowly hid her hand behind her.

 

MRS.Dae Hae sipped her coffee as she watched Seo Hyun who likely to stay quite in front her. They were in nearby restaurant to have lunch, and sigh escaped from when Seo Hyun reached the ring inside her bag before she put it back on her finger.

     “I'm sorry, Mom. I have no right to let everyone know about this marriage. Yong Hwa won't like it,” she said faintly with dropping head. Because of that, she didn't even dare to tell Auntie Sang Mi about it.

     “Including your mother?” the silent from her was enough for Mrs.Dae Hae to know the answer, and she sighed again with hand reached for hers.

     “Seo Hyun, it is not your fault. I'm the one who beg you to have this marriage, so don't feel sorry,” Mrs.Dae Hae squeezed it firmly, giving Seo Hyun the strength to face this problem. This marriage was so sudden, and of course it was difficult to inform her mother about this. Few seconds stiffened with unspoken words, Mrs.Dae Hae finally found the solution for this problem.

     “Seo Hyun, how about I meet your mother and explain everything to her? Anyway, I haven't pay her any visit back then,” she suggested and that made Seo Hyun instantly lifted up her head in surprise.

     “No, you can't meet her!” Seo Hyun objected it, for that wasn't totally a good idea. Watching her fluster reaction just now, Mrs.Dae Hae looked at her suspiciously. Why Seo Hyun didn't want her to meet her mother.

     “I mean I will explain everything by myself. I just need a time to do so,” she quickly explained to her mother-in-law, which Mrs.Dae Hae finally accepted her decision. If she needed the time, then Mrs.Dae Hae would wait for it. Seo Hyun smiled in relief before Mrs.Dae Hae changed the topic.

     “Seo Hyun, can I ask you a question? I hope it won't bother you,” although she hadn't asked yet, Seo Hyun's heart beat in nervous when she seemed could predict Mrs.Dae Hae's question through her serious face, but she still nodded as response.

     “Where were you exactly five years ago?” Seo Hyun didn't surprise by her question, but she neither could answer it easily. To her, she preferred to stay quiet, but the people around her eager to know about the past. Gripping the ear of cup tightly, she looked at Mrs.Dae Hae's face calmly.

     “I was in Japan with my mother,” she replied shortly.

     “Did you go there...by using the money you asked from late GrandMa?” Mrs.Dae Hae questioned her again, and this time Seo Hyun couldn't look at her as she felt ashamed with herself. Mrs.Dae Hae should know the answer even if Seo Hyun didn't tell her.

     “May I know the reason of it?”

     “I prefer not to talk about it,” Seo Hyun replied in low tone, and it made Mrs.Dae Hae couldn't understand why she refused to talk about it. Was she hiding something from all of them?

     “Seo Hyun, I don't why you are avoiding to tell us about it, and don't you think Yong Hwa deserves to know your reason? He has been suffered enough and I hope you can consider about it,” Mrs.Dae Hae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter