SECRETS

ONE MORE CHANCE (EDITED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AFTER the incident that almost took her life at the swimming pool and touching confession from her husband, Seo Hyun couldn't deny that Yong Hwa treated her better than before. Neither phone calls nor having the peace time together previously, but now it gradually changed as Yong Hwa became more gentle and protective toward her although he was a bit cold and cautious sometimes. Seo Hyun didn't blame him for not trusting her because the painful past and scars in his heart changed him into this way.

     About Hyuna, Yong Hwa cut their friendships although she totally disagreed with his haste decision. At that night, Hyuna left the villa in anger and frustration, and Seo Hyun felt sorry Jung Shin for ruining his birthday party. At the same time, that accident made she realized that there was still some space for her in Yong Hwa's heart although she didn't know whether he still loved her or not. Seo Hyun was so into her own world as she sat alone in living room and didn't realize that Mrs.Dae Hae watched over her from one corner.

     Lately, she could notice the changes in their relationships which to Mrs.Dae Hae, it was absolutely a good progression. Sometime she saw Yong Hwa made phone calls to Seo Hyun and informed her about his schedule. Previously, Yong Hwa indirectly used Mrs.Dae Hae as a third person but now, everything would be informed directly to his wife. Seo Hyun snapped out from her trance when Mrs.Dae Hae sat next to her, making she blushed in shame when her mother-in-law caught her having a day dream.

     “What are you thinking about? You look happy lately,” her question made Seo Hyun's smile turned wide, and she was obviously happy right now. The accident that she faced in the villa was kept as secret as she requested Yong Hwa to do so, for she didn't want this case became serious if they knew about it.

     “Nothing, Mom. I just feel happy,” she replied shortly as she squeezed Mrs.Dae Hae's hands. Seo Hyun felt relieve because Yong Hwa had opened his heart slowly after they got married for two months. It didn't take much time as she thought but to heal his wound, it completely wasn't an easy task because Yong Hwa still needed a time to trust her again.

     “Seo Hyun, have you told your mother about your marriage?” Seo Hyun shook her head, but she planned to tell her mother about it when she visited her later.

     “Mom, don't worry. I plan tell her when I visit her in Busan,”

     “That is good. I hope you can take care this matter as soon as possible because your Dad and I had decided to announce your marriage to public,” Seo Hyun was taken aback by her statement? Tell the public that Yong Hwa, the heir of Jung Company, had officially married to Seo Joo Hyun, the worker of Cho Company? Auntie Sang Mi might get heart attack if she knew this news from the media, that her daughter married with her ex-boyfriend without discussing with her first.

     “What? Announcing our marriage?” she stammered in surprise.

     “Yes, that's what we have planned. The public should recognize you as Yong Hwa's wife. We also feel bothered if you continue hiding your marriage because many of your Dad's friends want to introduce their daughters to Yong Hwa. It is really sad when we can't say that Yong Hwa already have a beautiful wife,” Mrs.Dae Hae sighed heavily. It would be so exciting if she could show off Seo Hyun to her friends, but she didn't know when she able to do so.

     “But Mom...does Yong Hwa know about this?” she asked in curious, for she doubted if Yong Hwa had agreed with Mrs.Dae Hae's plan or it was the decision made from one party only. Her prediction that Yong Hwa had no idea at all about this was right when Mrs.Dae Hae shook her head with big grin on her face.

     “Mom, this won't work. You can't do that without Yong Hwa's permission. He absolutely will get angry if he find out about this,” Seo Hyun sighed heavily with eyes still on her face.

     “There is not necessary for him to know. Keep this matter as a secret because we actually want to surprise him. So you also should explain this to your mother quickly,” Mrs.Dae Hae persuaded her to join her plan, which made Seo Hyun couldn't say anything about it.

     “Ok, Mom. I will try the best to explain to my mother,” she replied faintly, and Mrs.Dae Hae couldn't hide her happiness and hugged her-daughter-in-law tightly until she almost couldn't breath.

 

YONG Hwa headed to his car in parking area as he was going to meet Mr.Jung and his guest later. Then someone suddenly appeared from nowhere and blocked his way, making Yong Hwa slightly jumped in surprise before his face turned serious few seconds later. It was Hyun who blocked him right now. He glanced at her pale face annoyingly, and she blocked him again when he tried to walk away.

     “What are you doing here? Didn't I say we have done?” he said in controllable voice, trying to control the anger that seemed to burst out in anytime soon. Because her stupid action on that night, Seo Hyun almost leave him once again.

     “Yong Hwa, don't be like this. I know I was wrong. Please forgive me,” she grabbed his hand and pleaded with pitiful face, but Yong Hwa pulled his hand harshly from her grip. Her faking sad face failed to gain any sympathy from him and annoyed him even more.

     “You better go now, Hyuna. I don't want to see you after this. It is lucky enough for you that I keep this matter from your parents as Seo Hyun request for,” Yong Hwa hissed, which his statement made Hyuna hated that even more.

    “What is so good about her, Yong Hwa?! She is only greedy poor woman that is after your money! Tell me, what make you so into her?! What does she has that I don't, Yong Hwa?! Why you can't love me?!” Hyuna yelled madly with tears of anger rolled down on her cheeks. She always wondered what Seo Hyun had until Yong Hwa couldn't look at any other girl except Seo Hyun!

    “At least she is much better than you who have rotten heart, Hyuna” he immediately got into the car as he didn't want to extend their stupid argument about his wife. Hyuna absolutely couldn't accept that Yong Hwa decided to throw her away because of that , absolutely not!

     Meanwhile, inside the car, Yong Hwa inhaled deeply to settle down the anger inside him. Before Seo Hyun returned to his side, he always insulted and cursed her but now, he couldn't bear if someone else cursed her such way. The accident in villa last time made he realized that Seo Hyun somehow was still important in his life although he hadn't forgiven her yet. He wasn't ready to forgive her, not now.

 

“OH, you already know about their marriage,” Mr.Jung surprised when Kyuhyun mentioned about his son's marriage. Although Seo Hyun was his friend, but Mrs.Dae Hae told that none of people in Cho Company knew about her recent status, including her own mother.

     “Actually, I accidentally met Yong Hwa last time, and he introduced himself as Seo Hyun's husband. I was speechless at that time, for Seo Hyun never told me about it, Uncle,” he explained briefly, which made Mr.Jung gasped in disbelief and amuse at the same time. Yong Hwa told about their marriage to Kyuhyun? It must be a jealousy the reason why he acted such way because Yong Hwa was a type of man that easily to get jealous with any man around Seo Hyun.

     “But I feel really curious why Seo Hyun never mention about your family even once. She will try to avoid from talking about past. Uncle, what exactly happen between Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa? She told me that they were apart for five years due some reasons. What is that, Uncle?” he asked curiously, but Mr.Jung only smile bitterly as response.

     “Kyuhyun, I have no right to tell about this to you. It is better if you ask them yourself,” his answer made Kyuhyun sighed in disappointment. Who else could he ask about it? Neither Mr.Jung nor Seo Hyun wanted to tell him the real story. Then suddenly he saw Yong Hwa entered the restaurant with eyes wandered around, as if he was looking for somebody. Did Mr.Jung call him to come here? Yong Hwa's lips twirled into small smile when he finally caught his father's figure but it died after saw Kyuhyun was also there. His eyes told Yong Hwa that he also surprised with his presence here, but he couldn't leave also when Mr.Jung finally notice him.

     “Oh, you're here, Son!” Yong Hwa forced to smile as he extended his hand to Kyuhyun for hand shake. It was just an etiquette that Yong Hwa showed, and Kyuhyun politely reached for it.

     “Yong Hwa, I guess that you must know this guy, right?” Mr.Jung said when Yong Hwa sat beside him.

     “Not really, Dad. I only met him once previously,” he replied with eyes glued at Kyuhyun's good looking face.

     “I'm sorry for didn't introduce myself on that day. My name is Cho Kyuhyun, just call me Kyuhyun,” he said in friendly tone. In just a glimpse, Kyuhyun admitted that Yong Hwa was good looking and from what he heard from his father, Yong Hwa was an unapproachable guy among women. That made him more curious on how Seo Hyun managed to steal this person's heart. Kyuhyun also couldn't deny that his secretary had mysterious charm that could attract people' attentions, and most of his clients fell for her beauty and personality.

     “Kyuhyun, I heard you were in same course as Seo Hyun when you guys in Japan,” Mr.Jung indirectly tried to dig Seo Hyun's story in Japan, and Yong Hwa surprised when his wife's name hit his eardrum.

     “Yes, I met her five years ago, and we became a good friend since then. It was very hard for her when she attended the first class because of language barrier, but she struggled to adapt in new environment. She is very good person,” his generous yet meaningful compliment made Mr.Jung smiled and slightly glanced at Yong Hwa who silent in his seat. Yong Hwa bit his lips as he didn't know that this man had been friend with his wife for years, and Mr.Jung's ringing phone disturbed the conversation few minutes later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter