I ALMOST LOST YOU

ONE MORE CHANCE (EDITED VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THE car exactly stopped at the entrance of villa building, and Yong Hwa drifted his gaze to his sleeping wife. They were now in Jung Shin's villa for his birthday party tomorrow, and it was his request to bring along Seo Hyun to his party. Watching her in that state, his fingers involuntarily reached for the strands of hair and tucked it gently behind her ear. Slowly it went down to her porcelain cheek before her fluttering eyelids startled him. Yong Hwa immediately returned to his position when she stretched her body and yawned in drowsiness.

     “Where are we, Yong Hwa?” she asked in sleepy tone, but he stepped out from the car without answering her question. Seo Hyun tried to stay awake by slapping gently her cheeks while Yong Hwa busy took out their luggages from car. The surrounding was unfamiliar to her, but later she knew where they were when a group of people walked out from villa to welcome their arrival. Her eyes widened in surprise and before her brain could process what was going on, Yong Hwa opened the door and led her out from her seat.

     “Hey, buddy! Welcome to my villa,” Jung Shin said brightly, which made she felt awkward with the sudden reunion after five years. Hyuna who was also there, clenching her teeth in fury when saw Seo Hyun's hand still inside Yong Hwa's grip before Jung Shin boldly seized it from him.

     “And you too, Mrs.Jung. Welcome to my villa,” ignoring the risk that he was going to face later, he ended it by pressing his lips against her soft hand. Noticing the jealousy and surprise on Yong Hwa's face, the others chuckled in amuse, and she immediately pulled it away from Jung Shin's grip.

     “You won't mind about it Yong Hwa, will you?” just to see the jealousy on his face, Jung Shin really risked his life for it, for he absolutely knew that Yong Hwa couldn't tolerate his jealousy at all, especially if it related to Seo Hyun.

     “Thank you, Jung Shin. It is really nice to meet all of you again,” she said awkwardly with eyes sneakily glanced at Yong Hwa. His face was serious, and she afraid the unpredictable scene just now would ruin his mood. Ruin his mood? Back in old time, Yong Hwa would feel jealous if there was any man tried to get closer with her including his friends, but now impossible he would feel so when she was no longer inside his heart.

     “Yah, Seo Joo Hyun. You got much prettier over this years. If you are not Yong Hwa's wife, I will surely date you,” Hongki suddenly interrupted with intention to make Yong Hwa mad, and surprisingly, he didn't know how he still able to tolerate with them although he almost reached the dangerous level of his jealousy. While the men welcomed Seo Hyun here, Hyuna pouted in annoyance when they praised her faking beauty all the time.

      “It's already late. Come in, you guys must be tired. Yong Hwa, put that luggages down. The maids will bring them to your room,” Jung Shin pulled Seo Hyun into the villa, and she gasped in amaze once she was inside it. The space that designed by experts was lavishly decorated with expensive furnitures inside it.

     “Seo Hyun, there are many rooms inside this villa,” Jong Hyun said excitedly as he really anticipated to see Yong Hwa's reaction.

     “So, what’s the problem if this villa has many rooms?” Hyuna interrupted annoyingly as she disliked the way they treated her. Why she was treated liked a princess when she was the one who caused the pain to Yong Hwa? Seo Hyun frowned as she had no idea why he told her about it.

     “Hehe, I mean you can choose to stay in the same room with your husband or not,” his words made she dropped her face in ashamed. Look all of them knew about their marriage, so there was no reason to pretend as loving couple.

     “I…,” before she could answer, Yong Hwa grabbed her hand and caused she lost her words due to surprise.

     “She will sleeps with me tonight, in the same room,” Seo Hyun completely surprised by his answer, for she never expect that he wanted to be in the same room tonight. Meanwhile, Hyuna suppressed her jealousy and hatred toward that by clenching her fist. Yeah, she hated that woman! Since they met for the first time, she already hated Seo Hyun!

     “Now, show me my room. I want to rest now,”

     “The room that you always use,” Jung Shin replied with big grin on his face. All of them expected that Yong Hwa would ignore Seo Hyun, but the outcome was totally opposite. He still cared for Seo Hyun, yet he didn't want to make it obvious, but all his friends already discovered about it. Yong Hwa was poor actor indeed! When he reached for her hand and led her to their room, Jung Shin and other secretly giggled in excitement except Hyuna who quickly returned to her room, for she might screamed like a mad woman if she continued watch it.

     “Good night, Seo Hyun. Have a nice sleep with your husband,” Jong Hoon's teasing made her cheeks blushed in embarrassment and once they were inside the room, Yong Hwa released her hand before jumped onto bed to rest his exhausted body.

     “Yong Hwa, what are we doing here actually?” she who still have no idea why he brought her to this villa, looked at him that already buried his face onto pillow. When he didn't answer her, Seo Hyun went to luggage and took out comfortable clothes to wear. Such a dutiful wife, she also prepared the comfortable outfit for Yong Hwa to change it later.

     “Tomorrow is Jung Shin’s birthday. We are here to celebrate it,” Seo Hyun stiffened in her position when he said so. It had been five years and honestly, she had forgotten all their birthdays except Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa could feel his wife put something at the edge of bed, and it was his pyjama.

     “Sleep on bed tonight,” he said underneath pillow but still could be heard clearly by her. Since they got married, they had never slept on the same bed except the night in hotel last time. Seo Hyun didn't question him at all and made the way to bathroom to change her clothes. Light had been switched off when she stepped out from it, and Yong Hwa fell asleep after changed to his pyjama.

     Didn't want to disturb his sleep, Seo Hyun slid under the blanket cautiously. If they were in home, couch would be her bed but tonight, for the first time, Yong Hwa asked her to sleep beside him. Seo Hyun gazed his tired yet cute face before closed her heavy eyes. She then surprised after felt something heavy suddenly dropped onto her body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter