003

Misunderstandings

- Still Two Years Ago, In The Warehouse -

Bom was the first to react. She placed a protective arm around me and pointed the gun to the man - I refused to call him my father. I squeezed Bom's arm and tried my best to speak.

"You. What are you doing here?" My voice was strong and confident, quite contrary to what I was feeling.

"Minyo-"

"It's M.YO. You lost the right to call me that five years ago, Mr. Shin."

He flinched slightly at the formal use of his name. The men that Mr. Shin had brought with him looked confused, 'Did the boss know these girls?'

Mr. Shin seemed to read the men's minds, "Wait outside."

CL took the liberty of guarding them.

Once they were out, Mr. Shin ran to engulf me in a hug, which I refused 'ever-so-politely'.

"Don't touch me," I hissed, "I don't know you."

"Minyoun..."

"M.YO," I corrected, "What do you want, Mr. Shin?"

 The man straightened himself up, "I've come to take you back, my princess."

That did it. I snapped.

"Take me back?! Take me back?!" I screamed, "After five f**king years you come back and you expect me to go with you?!"

"I'm happy here. But I guess you wouldn't know because you've missing for five years," I spat.

"M.YO," he muttered weakly, "What happened to you?"

"What happened to me?!" I was enraged.

"Do you really want to know? After you left me with those men, I was starved for a week."

Mr. Shin faltered and at that I scoffed, "That isn't even the worse bit, but I guess I should be grateful. I've found better family now."

I gripped Bom's arm harder and look on the man's face showed that he was hurt.

I gulped and continued, "You deserve to know what you put your only daughter through."

The man simply nodded and waited for my story.

"I was starved and beaten everyday so I wouldn't fight back. At the beginning I fought, nearly escaping three times. I guess the martial art classes that I took came in handy. But then it hit me, 'Why bother escaping if you have nowhere else to go?'. By the end of the week, I was obeying the men and doing as they said. For this they treated me a bit better, but it was still hell. They shoved me into a bedroom and chained me to a wall. It was long enough for me to move around the room freely, but not to get out the door. But hey, who was complaining? It was better than being tied up to a chair. Or so I thought. Everyday men would come and they would... Violate me."

I swallowed my dry saliva and my lips. I would be in tears right now, if I hadn't lost that privilege years ago. The man sat there, guilt and remorse etched into his face. But it didn't matter now, it was already too late.

"I struggled at first and for the first few nights I cried and prayed myself to sleep. I felt so... Dirty. Soon, I had lost all hope; hope of a God, hope of my father, hope of being saved, hope of a better life once I got out. Two months had passed and since I was in that hellhole, but I couldn't really keep track of time. All I knew was my routine - Wake up, eat, get violated and sleep - It was the same everyday. By then I had gotten used to it. I moaned when needed and fought back when necessary. They were lucky I couldn't get pregnant; I was too young. I f**king lost my ity when I was eleven. Eleven!"

I must have been talking like it was an everyday event because I saw Dara and Minzy flinch as I told my story.

Mr. Shin bit back his tears, "I'm so sorry..."

I scoffed, "Don't be. I'm hardly done yet."

"One day was different though. A man came in again and I did my job of seducing him, except he resisted me. I was surprised and even more so when he brought out some keys. He told me, 'You can escape now.' You know what the worst part was?" I paused to see if anyone would answer, "No? The worst part was that I threw the keys back in his face and asked whether he wanted to have s** or not. That was how badly I was stuffed up and showed how badly I had lost my will to live. Everyday he came back, everyday my response was the same. He wasn't disheartened - no! Instead he told me more about himself; His name was Jaejoong, he was Christian and how he helped many girls before me. Then I told him how much I didn't give a f**k."

I glared at Mr. Shin, "At least there were people willing to help." My voice was cold and my words were directed straight at him.

He winced and I continued to remember the horrible past which I had pushed down deep into my mind.

"One day he told me about a girl who had been stuck in this place for four years. Her name was Bom." I felt Bom's arms stiffen around me and I gave a reassuring squeeze, "Jaejoong told me about how much she suffered and that now she was at school living a normal life. He told me that if she could do it, I could too. But that wasn't enough to lift me up out of the deep hole I had dug for myself, but nothing probably could. However, I had always had a choice of whether I wanted to leave or not."

"So did you?" Minzy asked, too into the story.

I gave her a worried 'are-you-stupid' look before continuing, "I didn't. It still didn't matter to me, whether someone got out or not. I was not her. But one day, another girl was pushed and chained into my room. She was crying and my instincts kicked in and I tried to help her. When she finally stopped crying, I asked for her name. Dani. She was pure and innocent - unlike me. She was ten at that time. The next day she warmed up to me and told me about herself; about her family, how she was kidnapped, where she lived, pretty much everything. At first I didn't really care and helped her by making sure she remained pure. Jaejoong no longer visited, but I didn't mind. I guess he figured that I needed time to think."

I bit my lips and coughed a bit. 2NE1 exchanged worried glances, but I shrugged them off.

"One night I woke up in the middle of the night - at least I thought it was night, after the man had fallen asleep. I heard sounds of crying and desperate prayers to the Lord. It was Dani. I shook my head in disapproval, marvelled at how much she was like me. It was then when I made the decision; I was going to help her escape."

 

I crept up to Dani and wrapped my bony arms around her.

"We're going to escape," I said. After I told her she gave me a skeptical look and asked how we were going to do that.

I simply replied, "I guess the Lord is on our side."

I bent over and opened my chains, I had already used Jaejoong's key, but didn't leave.

Dani's eyes widened, "How...?!"

I smirked and twirled the keys, which I had hidden under the bed, "I told you. The Lord is on our side."

I bent down and quickly unlocked her chains which in retrospect, I should have done a long time ago. I didn't notice the man had woken up behind me and he slauntered over and fell on top of me. In surprise, I flipped him over and he landed on the hard tiled floor. Dani flinched at the sound of bones breaking and she took a peek at the man, only to gasp in shock of the pool of blood surrounding him.

I frowned, 'Blood?'

It was then when I saw the shattered remains of glass alcohol bottles which I assumed he had landed on. The sound wasn't his bones breaking, but the bottles. I ran over to his side and turned him over and, sure enough, glass shards were stuck in his back.

"Hold it right there!" a familiar voice yelled. I shrunk away from him, afraid. I was brave enough to sneak a glance and saw about ten men with him.

'Did he really need that many to stop me?'

"I thought you had learnt already, Minyoung. You know what happens when you try to escape,' he sneered.

I shivered, the memories of two years ago fresh in my head. My eyes travelled over to Dani, who was frozen in her place. She had never personally met him before or experienced his wrath. And I was going to keep it that way.

His eyes narrowed onto our feet, "How did you unlock it?"

I didn't say anything and just stared up at him.

"How did you unlock it?!" the man reapeated.

I raised an eyebrow, the tiniest smirk on my lips, before I reached out and punched him in the face. He staggered backwards and held his bleeding nose, his men surrounded him.

I grabbed onto Dani, who was staring at me with shocked eyes, and I dragged her through the crowd. We darted through the club with no one making a move to stop us.

"Get out! Stop them! She's my best prositute!" I faintly heard the devil, himself, yell.

Running ahead of me, it was now Dani pulling me along. As soon as we were out the door, I let go of her.

She turned around, "What are you doing unnie? Let's go!"

Dani grabbed me again and I shook off her hand. "Run," I urged.

"What about you?" she asked.

I smiled sadly in response, "You have a family Dani, you have someone to return to whereas I don't."

"No..." Tears dropped from her eyes, "No. You can't!"

"Dani," I said, calmly even though tears were threatening to leak through, "Dani. You must go. Even if I die here, I don't want my last memory to b-"

I was thrown back by a punch.

"Not so tough now are you, little girl?"

I stood up and faced the men.

"She caused us so much trouble. Why don't we have fun with her first?"

I gritted my teeth and stood in postition.

"Well, she is a e."

By then my fist had already flown to his face, knocking him back to the entrance of the club.

"I don't want my last memory to be me satisfying some sick f**ks," I kicked a man and dodged a punch before sprinting off, "I want my last memory knowing that you got home safe."

I had deliberately said this aloud knowing that Dani was listening in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her take off. I turned and cracked my knuckles in a menacing way.

"Well. Let's fight like real men."

I dodged the incoming attacks, but didn't have time to land any of my own. A fist came in contact with my stomach and I doubled over, spitting out blood. They kicked me and I collapsed to the floor, trying my best to defend their attacks. It was useless. My arms became limp and I dropped them to my side. I could taste the unmistakeable flavour of blood, iron.

I didn't want to scream out in pain and my for sure broken ribs weren't helping.

I began to see black spots and my head felt dizzy. I accepted my fate. I was going to die by these men.

Allowing one sick masochistic smile to spread on my face, I rolled over. I pulled on the jacket of a man and heaved myself up. I looked back at the club and stuck my finger at it.

Smiling, I ran off. Oh, I knew I was going to die. I never said I was going to make it easy.

After running for a few minutes, I began to limp. I held onto my ribs, blood seeing through the fabric.

'. Someone brought a knife.'

I knew that they would follow they blood trail I had left, unless they were too dumb to think of that. I collapsed in front of a house after hearing the sounds of a girl yelling.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw three faces peering at me, the sounds of police cars and an ambulance.

Then I out. Completely.

 

"I'm sorry," Mr. Shin whispered, "I'm so sorry."

I walked over and punched him in the face, "Don't be."

I grabbed Minzy and Bom and brought them back into Dara's car. I stared out the tinted windows, waiting for the driver and leader to appear.

"CL!" Dara hollered. She turned to Mr. Shin, "I assume the business is done. You can rely on 2NE1 not being on your side. Good day and good bye."

Dara her heels and strutted back to the car, CL following soon after.

CL glanced at me and Bom shook her head.

The leader nodded and turned back into the front, "Drive."

The car ride was silent; no one dared to say a thing.

Minzy shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Who wouldn't? On one side was a beast radiating anger, on the other was a silent, depresssed girl.

"I'm sorry, Ji," I apologised, seeing how disturbed she was.

"It's okay," she chirped, "Are you okay?"

"Me? I'm fine. Just... Tired."

CL nodded from the passenger seat.

"That's right. You guys should get some sleep. We're visiting the school tomorrow."

'School, huh?' I suddenly didn't feel like going.

----

I trugded upstairs and plopped myself onto the bed. I lay there for a bit staring at the white ceiling. I heard the door click open and someone step inside.

"Are you okay, unnie?" Minzy asked.

"I'm fine," I drawled.

"Okay then. Get changed and go to sleep."

I turned my head towards her and saw that she had already changed into her pink pyjamas. 'Go' she urged with her hands.

I slowly got up and clasped her hands into mine. "I love you, you know that right?"

Minzy smiled, "Of course."

I exhaled and dragged myself to the wardrobe. I pulled out my favourite blue and white bunny pyjamas and headed towards the shower. The door lock clicked as Minzy let herself out.

I sighed and the shower. I felt the warm water flow through and clean me of my dirty past. I smiled and stepped out. Drying myself, I couldn't help but notice the almost faded scar on my left rib from three years ago. I shook my head.

"No. No more bad thoughts!"

I put on my clothes and shoved away the others in a laundry basket. I fell asleep on my bed, the warmth from the shower cradling me like how my mother used to.

Minzy opened the door of my bedroom.

"She's asleep," Minzy confirmed.

CL nodded, "Poor girl. She's been through a lot."

"She has, but if she didn't her father earlier it would only be harder later," Bom added.

Dara narrowed her eyes, "Why does it sound like you planned it, unnie?"

"Heh?" Bom's eyes widened, "I didn't!"

CL chuckled, "It's okay. I would have done the same thing if it never happened too."

Minzy gasped, "Then it's you! What should we Sandara-unnie? They're plotting against us!"

"What?! No I'm not!"

I stirred slightly in my sleep.

"Oh whatever," Bom chided, "We're going to wake Youngie up!"

The four girls stalked out my room.

2NE1 called out throughout the house, "Good night!"