002

Misunderstandings

- Still Two Years Ago, Start of Freshman Year -

I beamed and proudly ran my fingers through my hair, without it tangling. It had been about a month since my hair had last felt like this without it sticking to my fingers.

CL came down and smiled, "You going shopping? Do you need money?"

"Nope. All full," I said while patting my jean pocket which had my wallet. If there was anything good about being a gangster in the mafia, it was the pay. 2NE1 were filthy rich.

Minzy came down wearing grey leggings and a black longsleeve. She had a silver vest with chains hanging out over the shirt and wore a black cap.

"Oh, Minnie," CL said, "You'll need to dye that hair back to black. I don't think they'll allow it."

Minzy frowned and I stuck out my tongue at her.

She sighed, "Whatever."

"C'mon," I said as I dragged my friend out, "We're going to miss the bus!"

"Bus?" Minzy asked me.

"Yeah, bus. I want to be a normal person for once!"

We walked to the bus stop which wasn't too far away, chatting about school.

"I bet there will be queenkas there to bully us!" Minzy said, "We have to stay out of everyone's way!"

"Don't start fights either," I added.

"Oh. And if you see hot guys, they're most likely the kingkas an-"

"And we must avoid them and not piss them off," I finished for Minzy.

The bus arrived and Minzy and I hopped on. We made our way to some empty seats, which was pretty much the whole bus anyway. Soon reaching the shopping district of Seoul.

I forced Minzy into a hair salon and coloured her hair back into black, much to her disappointment. We shopped for an hour, finding bits and pieces of what we wanted. Our arms were soon engulfed with shopping bags, ranging from things such as fake glasses to shoes.

"We did that pretty quickly," I remarked.

Minzy nodded, worn out. We had run around the district looking for the items.

I looked up at the blue sky absent-mindedly and headed towards the bus stop.

"Oh yeah!" I said, suddenly freezing. Minzy beside me jerked out of her peaceful walk.

"What?"

"I need to buy groceries. I used up pretty much everything in our cupboards for lunch."

"Okay. We'll drop off the bags first."

I nodded and after seven minutes precisely the bus came. We scanned our cards and sat down. The bus was pretty full with school kids.

"What time is it?" I asked Minzy, having lost track of time while shopping.

"3:02."

"Okay."

The atmosphere around us became silent, but there were students talking around us.

I leaned in towards the group and decided to eavesdrop.

"I know right. And she was all like, 'Nobody messes with me.'" Student One said.

Student Two rolled her eyes, "Just who does she think she is? Barging into our school like that."

"Yeah. And she's from TOP Academy. Yet she acts like she owns Woolim, no all of Korea!" Student Three joined in.

"Oh my god. Did you see what she did to A-Pink?" Student One retorted, "I can't forgive those b**ches for messing with our beloved queenkas!"

"Yeah!" the other two chimed.

I tilted my head in confusion, 'Who are they talking about? Oh well, not like I'll need to know.'

The bus arrived at our stop and Minzy and I got off. We walked into the house and called out for our unnies. CL stuck her head out.

"Ah! You guys are back!" She paused and assessed Minzy, "That hair looks great!"

Minzy her hair, "Do you think so?"

I smiled and walked up to my bedroom. I placed down the things that I bought and walked down.

"C'mon, Ji." I tugged at my bestfriend's shirt.

CL noticed, "Are you going somewhere?"

"Grocery shopping," I answered. CL nodded and Bom stuck her head out of her room.

"Did I hear 'grocery shopping'?"

I nodded in response and Bom grinned, "Corn, please!"

"Alright, alright," I turned my attention to CL, "Want anything, Chae-unnie?"

CL scrunched up her nose, "Beer?"

"Unnie!"

CL put her hands up in defeat, "Okay, I was joking! Get me some Pepero sticks."

"Will do," I said. I cupped my mouth and yelled out, "How about you, Sandara-unnie?!"

"Ice-cream!" Sandara hollered from her room.

"Okay!" I answered.

Minzy and I walked to the supermarket. It was far busier now because school had just finished. I collected the food and the things that my unnies wanted.

I turned to Minzy, "Hey, do yo-"

"Minji?" My friend had disappeared. I rounded the corner of the shop and found Minzy staring blankly at something.

"Ji?" I said, waving my hand infront of her face.

She blinked and turned to me, "What?"

I simply rolled my eyes, "What are you looking at?"

She pointed to the front of her and my eyes naturally followed. I saw six cute and hot guys.

I tilted my head, "Why?"

Minzy pouted, "Their hair is dyed!"

I chuckled and glanced back at them. Sure enough, one had white-blonde hair, one had blue, another one with red, one with a simple brown, a boy with reddish-orange tips and one without his hair coloured.

"Don't worry about them. They probably don't go to the same school as us," I reasoned.

Minzy huffed, "TOP Academy; I saw their emblem. What school are we going to?"

"We can ask Chaerin later," I waved it off and dragged Minzy to the counter. I paid for the food and we headed back.

I took a shower and soon it was 6PM. I went downstairs and made a simple dinner consisting of ox-bone soup, rice and gamja jorim (sweet soy sauce glazed potatoes) and hobakjeon (zuchini fritters). We settled down and ate.

"I'll wash up," Dara offered.

"Thank you!" I said handing her my empty bowl.

"Oh yeah, Chae-unnie," Minzy started, "I've been meaning to ask, what school are we going to?"

"Hmm?" CL swallowed the food, "TOP Academy, I think."

"What?!" Minzy burst out. I silently giggled.

"TOP Academy? They allow students to have dyed hair!"

CL chuckled sheepishly, "So maybe I said that so you would dye your hair..."

"Why?"

"Because it's safer. Everyone knows the maknae of 2NE1 has silver hair. I don't want to risk it," CL explained.

Minzy softened, "Fine."

I smiled and walked into my room. I changed into my sporting clothes which were a black sports bra, black short tights and a loose white t-shirt on top. I made my way to the training room, which Bom was already in.

She looked up as I walked in and a smirk played on her face, "Wanna spar?"

I grinned, "Think'ya can handle me?" We both allowed our gangster slur to come out.

"Babe, I've handled hotter."

I pretended to check Bom out, "It seems like you have..."

Bom was the first to break out of our facade. She reached her hand out, which I happily grabbed, and pulled me up on the ring.

"You know the rules?"

I smirked, "I created the rules, baby."

She shook her head and let out a scoff.

We began to fight. It was intense. Minzy came half an hour later to watch us. We were both close to passing out.

I groaned as Bom laid a puch on my stomach. I kicked her and she fell. CL came in after hearing the fall.

"What the heck are you guys doing?!" she boomed.

I flinched and Minzy stood up, "They were sparring."

CL sighed, "You guys do know you have a mission in 3 and a half hours, right?"

I barely nodded, too tired to speak.

CL sighed and rubbed her temples, "Go wash up and fix yourself."

I groaned and immediately Minzy was at my side. She pulled me up and dragged me to my room. She practically threw me on the bed and I winced.

"Sorry," Minzy immediately apologised.

"It's okay," I said, but my voice cracked and it turned into, "Ees oh ke-ey!"

Minzy shook her head and chuckled. She carefully took of my shirt and she cringed. My white skin was covered in red marks and purple bruises. She walked into my bathroom and took out a white box; the first-aid kit. Minzy took out a cloth and dabbed my wounds. I flinched. Minzy apologised yet again and I nodded while gritting my teeth.

If I had any qualities, it would be my endurance. Injuries didn't have the same effect on me because I could block out some of the pain. Minzy knew this, but still tried to make it more comfortable for me. And for that I was thankful.

Minzy yanked off my pants and I was pretty much bare infront of her. We didn't mind. 2NE1 were like sisters and little things like this didn't affect us.

"Looks like she didn't do too much damage to your legs, but there are a few bruises from when you kicked her."

I yawned and fell into a deep sleep. I was woken up later by Minzy shaking me.

"Unnie," she said, "Go take a bath."

I yawned and moved around on the bed, testing out my limbs. It was alright, just sore.

Minzy beamed, "You fixed up pretty well."

"Yeah," I said, agreeing, "You can still see them, but I can hardly feel anything."

I yawned again, "How long was I out?"

"About an hour. I'm surprised you healed that fast. It's a new record."

I nodded and picked out the clothes I would wear tonight. I stepped into the bathroom and the warm steam tingled on my skin. I took a deep breath and already felt the healing herbs do their job.

'My Minji. What did I ever do to deserve you?' I made a mental note to treat Minzy to something later on.

I sank into the bath, feeling the warm water soothe my injuries and cold skin. I took yet another deep breath and inhaled the calming air. I sat in the bath for around thirty minutes before getting out. I felt my skin turn wrinkly from the water and towelled myself dry. I changed into my fighting clothes; a black miniskirt, grey leggings, a black tube top and a midriff hoodie. I had matching black combat boots too, which were currently replaced by my white slippers.

I combed out my wet hair and used the blowdryer, but my hair was still sort of wet. I walked out and saw Minzy sitting on my bed, cleaning the kit and the blood stains I had left everywhere. I back hugged her, still very grateful for the things she did for me. Minzy stiffened at my touch, but relaxed when she recognised my scent.

"Thank you so much Minji."

Minzy shook her head, "I do this all the time."

I chuckled, "I know. I'm just really thankful to have you guys. Really, thank you."

"No problem. It's what bestfrien- No, sisters do."

Even if I couldn't see her, I knew she was smiling brightly. But heck, I was grinning like an idiot too.

Dara walked in and broke up our wonderful love scene. She cringed, "I heard about 2Min, but that's taking it way too far."

I chuckled and let go of Minzy and sat down next to her instead.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Check up."

I nodded and took of my hoodie and showed her my revealing tube top. Dara said nothing about it, but instead inspected my health.

She nodded, "Not too bad. Bomi-unnie's worse."

I bit my lip and felt guilty. Dara noticied this and shook her head, "It's not your fault."

I nodded, "I'll go check up on Unnie."

After putting back on my hoodie, I got up and made my way to Bom's bedroom.

I peered into the dark room and found Bom lying on her bed, "Are you okay, unnie?"

Bom rolled over and smiled, "Fine."

CL came out of the bathroom drying her hands, "Rest first. We'll have to leave soon."

We nodded and I plopped myself down next to Bom. We both ended up falling asleep in each other's arms.

"Yuck!" Dara's loud shriek woke both of us up.

"First I walk into a 2Min scene and now a BomYoung one?!"

"Sandara! Calm down!" Bom scolded.

Dara immediately quietened.

"Who creates all these couple names anyway?" I said shaking my head.

Dara shrugged in response and Bom walked into the bathroom.

CL loud voice echoed throughout the house, "Get down here! We are going now!"

I waited for my unnies and walked out with them. We got into Dara's sleek black car because Bom was 'too tired to not drive us into a tree' and Dara could keep us on the road. We arrived at the address moments later and stepped out making a grand entrance. 2NE1 were famous for being glamorous. I positioned myself at the top with Minzy. I assessed the people and found about 30 men in total. Dara drove into the warehouse and made a swift drift-stop. She stepped out and flicked her hair, looking like a supermodel. We took this as our cue to enter and jumped off the ledge. We landed in front of Dara, with a dangerous glint in our eyes. The men all took a step back. On the right, CL kicked the door down and came in with Bom on the side, holding a gun pointed to the sky.

"So this is the infamous 2NE1." The men parted ways and revealed another man, most likely the boss.

He took one look at me and smiled. Even though my hood and mask were on, he recognised me. Even though it had been five years, I recognised him.

"My princess," he said, confirming all of my suspicions.

I took a step forward and stared at the man infront of me. The things I longed to yell out, the things I wished to do; to beat him up and make him feel all the pain that I went through. But, with him there my confidence and my mask, it shattered.

Instead of the list of profanities I wanted to yell, all I did was managed to choke out a pathetic, "Appa."


Oh hoh hoh. Curious about her past? Wait for the next chapter! I feel depressed writing these sad chapters... I'll make sure romance springs up soon! Love you lots! Comment please! Also if you haven't...

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE

Thank you!

Oh, in case you are new to 2NE1,

Lee Chaerin is CL, leader, third oldest. In the story, 20

Park Sandara is Dara, vocalist, second oldest. ITS, 21

Park Bom is Bom, rapper? (I forgot), oldest. ITS, 21

Gong Minji is Minzy, rapper, youngest. ITS, 16

Most of their personalities are stuffed up. =.=

In the story, Jang Minyoung is M.YO, dancer? (*shrug*), second youngest. ITS, 16

I hope that helps!

Just warning, the next chapter's kind of - eer... It seems that it is automatically rated M and yeah... I'll try my best to change it. It's not too bad... She's just recounting her past. If you don't want to read it, just ask and I can summarise.

-YeoJaGaSu