Day 3: Bah! Humbug! Scrooge

6 Days Of Oneshots [Holiday Edition]
Day 3: Bah! Humbug! Scrooge!
Featuring: DaraGon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[a/n: I hope I don't get you confused here. I did an experiment of my own Scrooge. I don't really remember the story, but I know it has something to do with the Christmas Ghosts or presence something like that. lol But anyway heads up on the warning that way you don't get confused neh~ But do enjoy (^__^) any mistakes mianhae.. no time to proofread indepth! Enjoy!]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's already Christmas Eve and Kwon Jiyong is still in his office busying himself with endless papers for his company. He intended this situation knowing he doesn't like Christmas and the idea of celebrating it was just not his ideal thing. He found it a waste of time and most of all his money. Even though the guy is already swimming in wealth. 

He looked at his watch and found that it's already 8 PM and he still haven't had his dinner. And peeking from his small window just by his door he noticed a light was still on. He checked the time again and shook his head realizing someone was still at work when clearly all employees were given half day off.

Jiyong got out of his seat and fixing his suit he made his way out of his office. He then noticed a girl who he seems to recognized well, but not quite just yet. 

"You do know I won't pay you for staying OT for holiday," he coldly said. The girl slowly turned around her hair lightly flew to the side revealing her porcelain skin and her glowing face.

"Oh I know Sajangnim," she whispered. "I just have something to finish here."

"You know....?" he stopped realizing he doesn't know her name.

"Sandara Park," she smiled at him, but the guy ignored.

"Just go home Ms. Park," Jiyong insisted, but Dara didn't move. 

"You know Sajangnim," Dara smiled even through his boss was not interested in whatever she'll say. "It's the holidays! Why not spend it with your special love ones."

"Am I paying you to tell me what to do on my own time Ms. Park?" Jiyong spat making the girl's smile falter. "I only pay you to work, when you are needed to work and may I remind you, your job is not to tell me what to do. It's me that tells you what to do. Now go home!"

Jiyong turned around and was about to walk away when he heard Dara spoke. 

"It's the time of joy, yet he's so bitter and crabby. Scrooge is that you?" she lowly muttered, but her boss heard it. But Jiyong didn't mind and instead he kept on walking. 

Dara packed her stuff up, remembering her boss's unwanted visitor on his time. This incident was about to kill her Christmas spirit, but she ignored it knowing she knows how to have fun and she pledged to have fun after work. "Why did I even bother to wait for him?!"

Because you care...

She looked around hearing a faint voice. Her body stiffened and the hair in the back of her neck stood up. She quickly gathered her stuff and looked at her boss's office. Somehow she felt sad knowing her boss is probably alone. Kwon Jiyong is after all known for being a lonely, bitter and sad guy. Not a lot of people in the office knows about him or why he's like this.

However Dara was curious, and the more she got curious the more she finally realized why he's like that.

His family, to begin with are far from him. His parents are all over the world busy with business trips while he deals with crap at his own country. He didn't get to enjoy his youth like normal teens had the chance to. And most of all, losing someone he love because faith wasn't on their side.

Well that's what Dara heard, but really no one in the office know the real truth.

"Merry Christmas Mr. Kwon," Dara whispered looking at the guy through the small opening. "At least get some rest."

Once Dara got her things, she quickly looked at her card, the card she had made for her boss.  But realizing his boss's lost of interest in Christmas, she found the card useless. She looked at his office one last time before tossing the card in the garbage.

"Haisst such a waste," she tightly held on her coat this time while she looked at the garbage. But ignoring her mind, she decided to just leave and vowed to enjoy the night. After all she and her friends will be at the lighting of the huge tree just in town square. And remembering it, she smiled thinking how great it'll be.

As she got out of their office building, she looked back and smiled faintly.

"At least be in the spirit Mr. Kwon," she uttered. "I know deep down, you want to celebrate this holiday. I know you do! Merry Christmas!" She sighed letting out the negative vibes in her and instead looked forward for tonight's gathering at the town square. And had thought of bringing Jiyong in spirit in her celebration.

-

[A/n: The italize words are actually his thoughts while seeing his dream, in this upcoming story its his dream so whenever it's italized it means he's thinking/talking while he's seeing what's going on in his dream. Did  that make sense?]

Jiyong tightly shuts his eyes trying to stay awake from his sudden need of sleep. He's been looking over papers after papers and slowly the words in the paper became so blurry. Then little did he know, his eyes became foggy and his mind slowly loses energy.

Then darkness took over, his upper body collapsing on the top of his oak desk putting him in deep slumber.

Jiyong sat up, suddenly in need of stretching. He looked around and found himself still in his office. He looked outside his office and noticed that Dara had disappered making him sigh in relief knowing the girl is out having fun where she belongs as he believes. He glanced at his table and noticed a card on his desk just beside his paper work. As curiousity quickly fills him, he opened it right away and there he found Dara's Christmas card.

Mr. Kwon

In this Christmas, I wish you'd relax and enjoy this holiday more. I know how lonely it gets, but think of the times where you're happy. If ever you need companion I am always here. I, too know how to be lonely in times like this, but I just make the effort to have fun which I know you can do too. 

If ever you change your mind, you can come along with me and my friends at the town square. It'll sure be fun! There'll be Tree lighting, lots of food and fireworks! I hope you'll make it. It's at 10pm tonight! If not, Merry Christmas Mr. Kwon! And have a safe one!

Sincerely,

Sandara Park (^__^)

Jiyong stared at the letter more, trying to understand the meaning of celebrating such holiday. He just doesn't understand the fun in being outside in the cold celebrating something he found not important and rather a waste of everything to him. Time and money. 

As he was about to toss the letter, a sudden bright light came over his office, blinding him for a moment. Then his eyes widen seeing such figure right in front of him.

"Who are you?!" he got up from his seat, lifting his fist up high ready to protect himself. And as the light died down, a lady in white appeared. She was dressed in sheer white and a halo like was sitting on top of her head. She was smiling at him, but rather than smiling back he showed her a scared face.

"Don't be scared Mr. Kwon," she spoke making Jiyong more scared than he already is. 

"Who...who...are you?" he buckled as he tries to find the right words. "And...A..a.nd what do you want from me?"

"Kwon Jiyong," she spoke again. "You haven't change one bit."

"What do you want from me?" Jiyong panicked. "Money? Do you want money? I have some here! Just don't kill me."

"Nonesense!" the lady laughed. "I'm your Christmas presence and I will show something."

"Show me what?" he asked wondering what the lady meant. "If you are a ghost you can leave."

"I am a ghost Jiyong," the lady laughed. "A very pretty ghost name Sandara."

"What?" he this time fell back on his chair. 

"I am here to show you something about Christmas," she walked closer scaring Jiyong more. His body shook and his palms and forehead had been sweating profusely. "Don't be scared, Jiyong. This is for the best."

With no warning, Jiyong was pulled right next to the lady in white name Sandara. He wanted to yell, but he knew it was useless as he kicked out everyone, including Sandara in the office.

Without any other words, Jiyong was pulled in the town square and found a lot of people already. Most of them have smiles on their face while they chit chat to one another. The lady pulled Jiyong to the other side and there he saw Dara and himself together.

"Why am I there?" he uttered seeing his whole body and his face right in front of him.

"You're here Jiyong because you chose to enjoy Christmas," the lady said. "And that's Sandara and she's the only key to make you happy. See how you are smiling. 

"Jiyong," Dara called. "Look at that decors isn't it cool!"

"You want it?" he asked smiling at her. And the Jiyong that's watching was stunned to see himself so happy and most of all at ease. "It's beautiful just like you."

Dara blushed hearing him say that. Then she watches him talk to the sales lady getting the decor she had liked.

"Here," Jiyong handed her the ornament she liked.

"Actually," Dara smiled looking at the ornament. "I chose this one on purpose."

"Really?" Jiyong laughed. Jiyong on the look out faltered at his spot hearing himself laugh in joy. And most of all his eyes sparkled."What's the other purpose?"

"This," Dara took the two turtle dove pulling it apart. "This one is for you while this one is mine."

"What am I going to do with this?" he asked grinning unknowingly.

"It's for you to put on your Christmas tree silly!" Dara giggled making Jiyong smile at her cuteness. He somehow felt envious seeing himself this happy in this situation. 

"What are you really trying to point out?" Jiyong turned but the lady in white was gone. He wandered off looking for her, no luck as he couldn't find her. He then turned back and watched himself and this Sandara connect and communicate so comfortably. 

"Come on let's get something warm to drink," Jiyong took her hand entwining them together tightly. He wondered all of sudden how her hand felt. He looked at his hands and they were full of callous and they were numb from the cold. He glanced at himself and Dara and noticed how their hands were tightly connected probably easing the freezing weather with each other's warmth.

He followed them all the way to the cafe sitting not too far from them. He noticed how his eyes were bright and how much he is relax and loose like he has nothing to worry about. Like he didn't have anything important to do. Or how much work he has on his shoulder. 

"What do you want to get?" he asked while Dara just smiled giddily. "And why are you looking at me like that? Are you up to something jagiya?" "Jagiya?" he repeated what his body said. "Why would I call you jagiya?"

"Hmmm..." she bit her lips and Jiyong pulled the girl closer to him. Jiyong was utterly shocked seeing himself daring in what he was seeing. "Wh...wha...what's wr...wrong?" she buckled feeling nervous at their sudden skinship.

"Don't bite your lips," he smirked. "Or else..."

"Or else what?" she smirked as well.

"Why are you challenging me?" he teased making the girl nod. "I'll kiss them here."

Jiyong's jaw fell open hearing himself speak like that. He didn't even know he could speak like that. 

"Now what do you want? You need to eat!" he leaned back leaving the girl hanging. 

"I want a sandwich and one large milkshake to share with my boyfriend," she insisted making the guy grin in happiness. Boyfriend? Me? As in Kwon Jiyong is your boyfriend? He looked so puzzled hearing such word from the girl he barely know.  

Once their order came, the two kept glancing at each other while eating and their milkshake stood in the middle with two long red and white stripe straw. Jiyong would feed Dara with the fries he got making the girl smile widely. What is this? Am I watching some kind of romcom movie? 

"Focus!" he suddenly got hit in the back of his head. He looked around but there was nobody around him. But the voice seems so familiar for him. But he ignored as he watched two again. Well himself and this girl. However the more he looked at her, the more he slowly see something but in the end he'd denied it. 

"Oppa," she uttered. "Have you tried those kind of scene in a movie...where..."

"Where?" Jiyong smiled all of sudden hearing his girlfriend sudden idea. "What is it?"

"Where they share the milkshake together and they would drink it at the same time?" she asked shyly her cheeks painted a light shade of pink. Jiyong smiled seeing how cute his girlfriend is. 

"Would you like to try that with me?" Jiyong asked. Wait? What? Yah! I don't do those stuff! His sudden outburst earned another hit, but the person wasn't around him. "Yah! Quit hitting me! Show your face woman?!" he looked around hoping the lady in white would appear. But when nothing came he looked back at the two. "Don't you dare do what she want! You are hurting my ego! Yah~! Yah!"

"Can we oppa?" Dara cutely asked making the guy chuckle in delight.

"Anything for my baby," he uttered. He decided to head first by leaning his head forward catching his straw and Dara felt bubbly seeing what her boyfriend is doing. She too followed suit and their face came so close. Their eyes locked to one another. He then winked at her making the girl giggle. 

I think i'm gonna barf! Jiyong tried closing his eyes, but he couldn't and instead his head was locked at the scene. 

And slowly the two sipped on their shared milkshake both feeling happy. 

Once they were done, Jiyong grabbed her hand first before she can pull away. Dara looked at him surprise but the guy could only give her his sly smile. He then bit his lips which made the girl curious. 

Using all of his energy he pulled the girl gently and on time his lips caught her lips locking each other in a slow,deep, passionate kiss. 

Jiyong looked surprised, not because of the kiss, but himself being so daring. But seeing how they were kissing made him curious what it felt like to kiss her lips. "What am I talking about?" he mumbled. 

Once he broke the kiss, the girl was left speechless and her face flushed red after such kiss that had everyone shocked in the  cafe even the owner of the body in his dream.

"Hmmm strawberry milkshake," Jyong his lips then biting it to tease his girl. "Just how I like them."

Dara bit her lips too trying not to let a squeal for having such greasy man (meaning too romantic that it makes you want puke lol) and instead smiled feeling so happy.

"So what shall we do next?" he asked as he took the tab paying for their meal. Where really the real Jiyong would be stingy. I am not stingy! I pay too! "Focus!" there goes another hit and the same voice echoed. Jiyong looked around but nothing, just air and the surrounding of the cafe. He then looked at the couple and he too got up seeing that they were leaving. "Great I don't know where they are going now?"

The two walked around the busy street, everything were filled with Christmas spirit. From the lights, stores and people everything shouted Christmas.

Noticing his girlfriend's bare hands he took off one of his leather gloves giving it to her while he laced his other hand with her bare hand and then he took their entwined hands putting them inside his coat pocket. Dara smiled seeing how caring he is and most of all how sweet he has become.

"Warm enough?" he softly murmured as they are still on their night stroll on the busy street.

"Very warm," she smiled brightly. "Thank you!"

"Anything for you," he tightened his hold on her hand inside his pocket.

Once the two arrived at Han River on time, the fireworks started. 

Jiyong watched not too far from the couple and seeing them sweet and close the more he realized how lonely he really is. And then he remembered how he had chosen to be alone on Christmas Eve. But realizing how there's no one to spend it with he felt sadden. Not even his parents were home for Christmas. Then he remembered Dara's Christmas card.

"I have to go back!" he suddenly uttered. 

Then the lady in white returned. 

"Good you've come back," he said seeing her. "I need to go back. Please let me spend Christmas with her."

"And why would I do that?" she asked challenging the guy. "Don't you see, that what you have seen is just a fantasy. A Kwon Jiyong can never have fun or worst he can never enjoy Christmas."

"T'hat's not true," he objected. "I can too! Please let me  go back!"

He then looked back at himself and Dara and both were looking into each other's eyes and as the fireworks went on, their face slowly closed to one another. Jiyong then looked at the lady in white begging with his eyes. 

"I love you Dara," Jiyong uttered getting the attention of the friendly ghost. "I love you with all my heart. Please marry me."

"Neh?" Dara was surprised and slowly their hands separated as Jiyong tried to pull a box where the ring is, out of his suit pocket.

"Marry me Ms. Park," he repeated. "I love you more than anything in the world. You have changed my life and there's nothing more I could have asked for. Well there is, and that's for your hand."

"Ji..." her eyes moistened, but the smile on her face could not be erased. 

"I love you Sandara Park and I don't think I can survive not having you with me," he went on. "So marry me, I want to spend the rest of my life withe you. Have a big family with you and spend each Christmas together forever and ever until death do us part. Marry me."

Jiyong slowly kneeled down on his one knee while the girl let her tears fall, tears of happiness that is. 

Jiyong looked at his own watch and saw that he only has thirty minutes left before 10PM and remembering the place in the Christmas Card that Dara had given him. 

"Please let me go back," Jiyong begged but the lady in white just looked at him blank at first.

"You know how to go back Jiyong," she murmured. "You do know how to wake up." 

The lady in white disappeared making him turn to the two and found himself kissing Dara and the bright diamond ring flashes on her hand as she accepted Jiyong's proposal. And as he saw them kissing with the fireworks in the background the more he felt alone. 

You know how to wake up Jiyong...do it! It's what you only need.

-

Jiyong gasped as he sat up straight. He ignored the sudden stiffness of his neck and instead looked around his office. He sighed in relief seeing that he has woken up. He then looked around and found the outside of his office empty. 

He then glanced at his desk and found nothing... no greeting card from Dara. He quickly got up from his chair and went straight to Dara's cubicle. Jiyong looked all over Dara's desk and found no card.

"I have to know where it is before it's too late," he whispered and then looked at his watch. "Twenty minutes! Great!"

He then looked down and found Dara's trash can and there a red envelope sparkled like it was waiting for him.

He eagerly opened it and found a card for him.

Mr. Kwon

In this Christmas, I wish you'd relax and enjoy this holiday more. I know how lonely it gets, but think of the times where you're happy. If ever you need companion I am always here. I, too know how to be lonely in times like this, but I just make the effort to have fun which I know you can do too. 

If ever you change your mind, you can come along with me and my friends at the town square. It'll sure be fun! There'll be Tree lighting, lots of food and fireworks! I hope you'll make it. It's at 10pm tonight! If not, Merry Christmas Mr. Kwon! And have a safe one!

Sincerely,

Sandara Park (^__^)

It was exactly what the card read in his dream. He quickly grabbed his coat and forgetting to get his briefcase since they didn't matter to him at all. All that mattered for him was to catch Dara before it's all too late. 

He drove like there was not tomorrow, ignoring the flashing orange to red lights. He would glance at his watch or his car timer and only panic would come over him seeing the time getting closer. Jiyong would look around hoping he is in the right place. 

And seeing that there was a lot of people, he gained hope knowing he made it, but then seeing how full the place was his hope quickly faded. 

He parked his car right away and got out to look for her and in his hand was her card. 

"Dara," he called her name like he knows her fully. Jiyong's eyes roamed all over the place looking for her but not one glimpse could he see her. 

He walked further in the town square and seeing the huge tree that's ready to be light up. And seeing people gathered up he too joined them hoping to find her. 

As he got in the middle he kept on looking for her. 

"I can't wait unnie!" his ears perked up hearing such familiar voice. He quickly turned around and there he found Dara in all red. She was all geared up in her Christmas oufit. Red coat with matching white cute hat. Her hair curled and her face painted light makeup. He moved across ignoring the people he would bump into since his eyes were glued on her.

"Dara," her friend called and pointed with her lips.

Dara turned around and was stunned to see her boss present.

"We'll leave you here," her friends teased, but having no time to react they had left.

"Dara," he called and this made her heart flutter hearing him call her by her first name. "This."

"How..." she was left speechless since she knew she threw the letter. "What are you doing here sir?"

"Jiyong," he said. "Call me Jiyong."

"Neh?" Dara was shocked to hear her boss asking her to call him informaly. "But si..."

Her eyes were wide as Jiyong came closer to her and his finger right on top of her lips silencing her. 

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"You just did sir," Dara teased, but Jiyong not getting it, she blushed. "What is it?"

"Do you like me?" he straight forwardly asked.

"Neh?" Dara was taken back hearing him ask her like that. "Ummm..."

"I have to know," he asked. "I had a dream and I saw you in it."

"And?" she asked but the guy didn't go any further.

"You were my girl," Jiyong walked even closer making Dara nervous in a good way. "And I'd like to make that real."

"Sir?" Dara was silenced as he crashed his lips. Dara's once widen eyes slowly closed realizing her wish had come true. The crowd cheered as the big tree was lit and fireworks went on brightening the sky even more. The two ignored the sudden cheer of crowd as they both enjoyed their moments together.

"I don't want to spend another Christmas alone," he sadly whispered after releasing her from their kiss. "I want to spend them with you."

"I'll alwasy be here sir..." Dara blushed.

"It's Jiyong," he corrected her. "I'm sorry Dara, if I only realized this now. I guess I really need the dream to realize your worth. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be sorry Ji...yong," she shyly called his name. "I'll wait when you're ready."

"Thank you," Jiyong brushed her flushed cheeks pushing her stray hair behind her ear. "Thank you for caring. Maybe just now, I don't feel lonely."

"You'll never be lonely Jiyong-ah," Dara pulled Jiyong closer to her. "I'm here to celebrate each holiday with you."

He then wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer towards him. He then genuinely smiled for the first as he experience real happiness and love for the first time.

"Merry Christmas Jiyong," she lovingly whispered earning yet another smile from him.

"Merry Christmas Dara," he replied kissing the top of her head.

The two watched the bright tree along with the fireworks in the background. Both feeling warm and loved, but most of all happy in this holiday. He tightened his hold on her feeling her real presence and when he got the same squeeze feeling from the girl as she hugs him tighter he felt at ease.

And most of all,

He no longer felt bitter about spending Christmast alone...For he has...

Sandara Park.

The End!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Day 3 Done! Wahhhh! My cheesiness has downgraded neh~~~! Mianhae Applers lol My brain is so drained. But No worry I'll try to make it up on the other one here. I'm just not in the mood after TopBom. Yes I wrote this after TopBom's oneshot Secret Santa. HUL! I know hahaha. But I do hope it made sense.

Anyway thank you all for reading Secret Santa and this chapter in advance! hehe After this we have 8 oneshots to go! kekeke Yippie! I made it! lol

Thank you all again! I still hope that you like Christmas DG Style! hehehe See you all in the next update! (^__^) annyeong! Ppyong!

Love,

SeungsKa