The Beginning

I'm The One For You

 

BOM’s POV

“Riiiiiiiinngggggggg!” My alarm clock rang.

I groaned as I pressed the button for it to stop ringing before getting up from my warm and comfortable bed. It was Monday and it was the first day of school after the long holiday break. I went to my bathroom to have a quick shower and once I was done wearing my uniform, I checked my reflection in the mirror. It took me around an hour to get ready. It was a new start and I wanted everything to be perfect.

I went downstairs to have breakfast with my family. After that, I grabbed my bag, checked my reflection for the last time and went out to walk to school since it was only a walking distance. Lady luck was on my side. When I took a step out of my house, Ji Yong was walking in front, heading to school too. He paused and we had our eyes locked with each other. This is my chance to start a conversation.

“Hey, you’re heading to school?” I said as I broke the eye-contact and looked to the ground, blushing.

“Uhm.. Yeah, wanna go together?” He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

I then agreed and we walked to school side by side in awkward silence. I wanted to talk while we were walking to break the awkward atmosphere but my mind went blank.

 

Ji Yong’s POV

We were walking to school in total silence. To break the awkward atmosphere, I decided to start a conversation with her.

“So what course are you taking?” I asked.

“Uhhmm ohumm uhmm...” She muttered.

“Pardon?” I asked again, bringing my ears closer to her face.

 

Bom’s POV

Ohmygod his ears are so close to my lips! I bet if he turned his head, our lips will crash! OMO!

“Uhhhmmm... Vocals and dance.” I replied again, my face turning bright pink.

“Ohh cool..” He said, pulling back.

“By the way, can you show me around the neighbourhood? I’m pretty new here..” He asked while looking at the ground with his hands in his pocket.

“Yeah.. Sure.” I replied.

 

Soon after, we finally reached school. Everyone was staring at us with eyes as large as saucers as were walking in. I started to feel uncomfortable with those stares and glares that I’m getting. Oh boy I bet that I’m going to have more haters than I already have!

“So I guess I’ll see you later?” He asked as we reached my locker.

“Yeah.. Bye..” I waved and he waved back as he walked further up to his locker.

 

“BOO!” Minzy, one of my best friends, surprised me from my back.

“Yo girl, we saw everything, now spill it!” Chaerin said.

“Yeah, Bom! Tell us!” Dara squealed while clapping her hands.

“Alright guys, calm down! And keep your volume down!” I whispered while dragging them to the nearby girls’ toilet.

After making sure that no one was in the toilet, I locked the door and when I turned around, the three girls were giving me pedo faces.

“Geez, cut it out.. It’s freaky..” I scolded them as my face started to turn pink.

“Hurry Bom, tell us!” Minzy said and the other two nodded their head in unison.

“Alright, alright. Last week, Ji Yong’s family moved in to the house next to mine. And we met each other while on the way to school. That’s it!” I whispered.

“You mean you guys are now neighbours?!” Dara asked out loud.

“SHHHH! Keep your voice down! And yeah we’re neighbours.. And to make things better, his room is just opposite to mine!” I squealed softly.

“Woaaahhh we’re happy for you Bommie-ah!!” And the four of us went into a group hug.

“Alright we’d better get going before we get late!” I said as I checked my reflection on the mirror for the last time and went out of the toilet with the girls behind me.

 

Since I was the only one among the four who took vocals course, we went to our separate ways. The three of them took rapping course, just like Ji Yong. I would’ve taken the same course, not only because Ji Yong was there but it’s because I don’t really have any other friends in Vocal lessons. Plus Yoona is taking Vocals too, which .

As I took my seat in class, I was surrounded by Yoona, Jessica,  SeoHyun and Taeyeon. Speaking of the devil...

“Look girl, I know that you’ve been having your eyes on my boyfriend. Stay away from him, or you know what’s coming..” Yoona threatened as she sat on my table.

Before I could even say a word to her, Mrs Kim, our vocal instructor came in. Everyone scrambled back to their seats. I was seated next to Yong Bae, one of Ji Yong’s best friend.

“Don’t worry about her.. She’s a ..” He leaned in to whisper beside me.

I chuckled to hear his remark. I didn’t know that he’s not fond of Yoona being Ji Yong’s girlfriend either. I mean, he’s Ji Yong’s best friend after all. LOL!

“Okay class, today I want you to be paired up with anyone you want. The two of you will be working on a song together. The best pair will be able to perform on the upcoming talent showcase that will be held in next two months,” Mrs Kim explained.

Everyone scrambled to find a partner. Yoona with Jessica, Seo Hyun with Taeyeon, Yong Bae with Daesung, one of Ji Yong’s best friends too. Well basically they’re in this clique called BigBang, consisting of Ji Yong, Yong Bae, Daesung, Seung Ri and Seung Hyun. They are the most popular guys in YG High. Well, back to the topic...

Nobody approached me. Well, what’s new? As I was scanning through the classroom, I saw IU sitting at the corner of the class, alone. Since she was the only one in the school who was obese, nobody in the school liked her and thinks that she’s ugly. I know, the students here are very judgemental.  Well, it’s the harsh reality that we have to swallow.

 

Since I had no one else to partner with, I approached her.

“Hey, can I be your partner?” I asked her while smiling sweetly.

She turned her head and looked at me with huge eyes. Is there something on my face? Why is she staring at me as if she’s looking at a ghost?

“You want to be my partner?” She asked, as if not believing what she just heard.

“Yeah... Can I?” I pleaded.

“Sure!!” She approved, clapping her hands.

I chuckled and took a seat beside her. We began to discuss on what days that we are free to practice together and what songs that we should perform. While we were discussing, I noticed that she kept on taking peeks to the person behind me. Out of curiosity to find out who she kept on looking at, I turned around to see Yong Bae laughing with Daesung, till their eyes could not be seen.

“You like Yong Bae?” I asked her softly.

She blushed hard and nodded shyly. “Your secret’s safe with me.” I assured her.

“What about you? I know that you like Ji Yong.” She whispered.

“How did you know? Is it obvious?” I asked, shocked.

“Well, kinda.. The way you blushed when you guys were walking beside each other just now. Seems like you both kinda make a big entrance you know. Since everyone is buzzing about it,” she replied.

“Aishh. I should have controlled myself...” I said while burying my face in my hands.

“It’s okay, you both actually look good together. I prefer him being with you rather than Yoona..” She patted my back.

“Yeah you both look better together.” Daesung said, invading into our conversation.

“You guys heard what we were talking about?!” I asked. I turned to IU and could see that her face was as white as sheet.

“What, about Ji Yong? Yeah..” Yong Bae replied. IU and I heaved a sigh of relief. At least they didn’t hear about the IU liking YongBae part.

“Unfortunately, he’s just too blinded by Yoona to even notice your feelings for him..” Daesung continued.

“Please don’t tell him about my feelings.. I don’t want things to get awkward between us.” I pleaded.

“Aren’t you both already awkward?” Daesung teased.

The three of them laughed while I went speechless. He’s right. We both are already awkward.

“Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us,” Yong Bae whispered while patting my back.

“Funny, that’s the exact same thing IU just did to me.” I replied, earning a kick from IU.

Yong Bae shrugged and continued, “We’ll try to hook you guys up together. Seriously, he deserves better than Yoona. She’s only with him for the popularity.”

“Shh, you know that she might overhear our conversation,” I said and glanced at Yoona who was in a deep conversation with Jessica.

“Nahh I don’t think so. They’re probably gossiping about someone. I’m with team JiBom! Who’s with me?” Daesung asked while putting his hands out.

“I am!” YongBae said while putting his hands on Daesung’s.

“I am.,” IU said shyly as she put her hands on YongBae’s.

“Well, thanks guys. I hope that it’ll work out.” I said while putting my hand on IU’s.

“Yeaahh!” We all cheered softly.

“Riiinnng!” the bell rang. It’s break time. Yay!

“Alright class you are dismissed. Don’t forget about the project. We will hold the auditions next week!” Mrs Kim announced before leaving the class.

 

I stood up with IU and we waved Yong Bae and Daesung goodbye before walking out of class.
“I see someone is happy!” I nudged her.

IU just blushed and smiled from ear to ear. We then went to our separate ways. I smiled to myself while walking to the cafeteria, thinking about the conversation I just had with Yong Bae and Daesung. So they don’t like Yoona being with Ji Yong either. This means that I have a chance! Yippee!

“Why are you smiling to yourself like a fool?” Minzy asked when I reached our table.
“Nothing.“ I replied while munching on my corn.