7

The Girl Who Doesn't Want to Be 17

It rained in Miina’s funeral. Only her family and her close ones came. Jonghyun looked at his wristwatch. 9.30 AM. It’s supposed to be sunny. It’s supposed to be the time when Jonghyun knocks at Miina’s class door, and give her a surprise. It’s supposed to be her birthday.

Jaebum kept holding Hyerin’s hand tightly. Hyerin touched Miina’s framed photo that was in front of the gravestone. Jaebum also stepped forward and put down a bouquet of white orchids beside the photo.

Hyerin turned and caught Jonghyun staring blankly. “We’re heading home. Aren’t you coming with us?”

Jaebum tried to catch up with Hyerin and whispered. “I’m sure he needs time to be alone. Let’s wait for him at the parking lot.”

Jonghyun didn’t move a bit.

“We’ll wait for you,” said Hyerin as she walked passed Jonghyun, together with Jaebum.

Jonghyun let out a deep sigh. He approached Miina’s photo, kneeled down and sheltered himself and the photo with his black umbrella.

“You left us all of a sudden. It shocked everyone who knew you. Especially your parents..”

Jonghyun stared into Miina’s eyes in the photo. He brushed his hair, and held in his tears.

“At least I was there with you.. when you were about to leave. If I weren’t there, I would’ve felt even worse.”

The rain suddenly stopped. The sun slowly peeked from the clouds, shining on Miina’s photo.

“Are you listening?” Jonghyun smiled. “Before I leave, I have to say something to you. It’s not ‘I love you’, coz you already know that I do..”

He stopped and reached for a tiffany box inside his pocket. He opened it, and inside was a pink pearl ring.

“I was supposed to give it to you today, at your school, in your class. To propose our engagement. God must love you so much, he took you away so fast.”

The sun shined even brighter. Jonghyun put his umbrella beside him, still talking to Miina.

“We were supposed to have a belated birthday party of yours. You’re supposed to dress so beautifully, sing and dance a lot.. but I’m sure you’re happier now. You must be celebrating your birthday with the angels up in heaven, right?”

Jonghyun bent down his head and couldn’t hold in his tears any longer. He let it out, even sobbed for the first time.

“You know I love you, right? Even if you’re gone like this, I still do. I will always do.”

He stood up, without wiping his tears, he smiled, and let the sun shine on his face. His tears stopped shedding as he felt the warm breeze around him. Before he turned his back to leave, he paused to say one thing.

“Happy birthday, Park Miina.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry to make it end like this! so this was inspired by my birthday...

i didn't want to turn 17 LOL so i just made a fic of Miina, she didn't to be 17 and in the end, she didn't even get to feel being 17... tragic much?

i am PRETTY SURE you guys cried! you did, didn't you? XD hehe~

leave comments and i'll give you love back ♥