5

The Girl Who Doesn't Want to Be 17

It has been almost 6 months since Jonghyun asked Miina to be his girlfriend. They both reminisced their awkward moment back then.

“You were so random! I was eyeing you when you were talking to Jay and suddenly you came inside and walked up to me,” said Miina while walking down the street, her bag on her left hand and her right hand fingerlocked with Jonghyun’s.

“You should see your pale face when I asked you out! I wish I brought a camera,” chuckled Jonghyun.

Miina pouted. She looked up at Jonghyun’s jawline. “I’m glad you came to Jay’s birthday party. And the fact that you came to find me.”

“You are such a shameless person, aren’t you? Confidently retelling our pasts without being embarrassed?” asked Jonghyun, ruffling Miina’s hair.

Miina brushed her hair back to place. “Why should I? You’re still gonna love me anyway,” said Miina, looking straight to the road.

Jonghyun laughed. “Seriously! You are so over confident!”

“But I’m telling the truth, right?”

Miina kept walking and suddenly stopped when Jonghyun pulled her hand. She turned around and found Jonghyun’s face this close to hers.

“Yes you are,” he whispered. He leaned in and kissed Miina’s forehead.

~~~~~

Miina stepped down the stairs and went out of the salon as she reached out for her handphone which was ringing. She quickly tied up her hair and answered the call.

“Yes, Jay?”

Jaebum’s voice sounded pretty decent and clear. “Remember this is your night before your birthday tomorrow. Remember we have an appointment at the Italian Cuisine I mentioned before. Remember to dress up pretty since your boyfriend will be there. Remember to…”

Miina smiled. “I remember. Okay. Yes. Okay. Don’t make me even more nervous. Where are you now?”

“At your school, picking up Hyerin. Have you gone to the salon?”

“I just finished. Look, we’ll meet at the cuisine later, okay. So byebye.. and by the way, Jay…” Miina hung up her speech. She stopped for a few seconds.

“What, Miina?”

Miina looked up to the sky. It was bright, not cloudy at all. She smiled and let the breeze touch her face. “Thank you for setting up this dinner. You know I always love you, right, Oppa?”

Jaebum was shocked over the phone. “GOD, it’s the first time you called me ‘OPPA’ ever! Whoa you are sure growing up and starting to respect people..”

Miina chuckled and rolled her eyes. “Whatever. See you ^^”