3

The Girl Who Doesn't Want to Be 17

Miina was being dragged by Hyerin, both walking quickly to enter NUS. Hyerin knew that Jaebum’s gonna perform at the main hall, and that’s where she is dragging Miina to.

“But I wanna explore myself and find the dimple prince!” whined Miina.

“Find dimple prince yourself, get lost and hungry. Or follow me and I’ll treat you the best dimsum in this place?” asked Hyerin, giving choices.

“Those do not make sense. But I’ll choose dimsum, okay, thank you,” Miina then followed Hyerin quietly, somehow still sightseeing all over the place.

A few minutes later, Miina and Hyerin were inside the main hall, sitting at the 2nd row from the front, watching Jaebum and his friends on stage. Hyerin concentrated on the stage, clapped whenever the crowd went wild, shouting out her loved-one’s name while Miina was busy looking around the hall.

“After Jay’s perf, there’s gonna be an indie band playing. Do you wanna watch em?” asked Hyerin half shouting, the crowd was so loud.

“I can’t find the dimple prince! Let’s go out now. The fangirl screaming are such a pain!” yelled Miina back.

Hyerin helped Miina gather up her belongings when the indie band stepped on stage and played their intro. Suddenly the crowd yelled names, and Miina refused to walk.

“What?” asked Hyerin.

“Did you hear that?” asked Miina back.

Hyerin and Miina kept silent, then the crowd went loud when a guy on stage started singing.

“JONGHYUUUUNNNN!!!!” screamed a girl right beside Miina.

“WHOA GIRL YOU GOT VOICE. Scream it to the stage not to my ear!” Miina got cranky and mumbled a few words before finally she realized. “Wait. Jonghyun?”

Hyerin tapped Miina’s shoulder and pointed at the stage. There were four guys all playing instruments. Miina’s eye went straight to the red guitar guy.

“OMG HYERIN HE PLAYS GUITAR. AND SINGS TOO. OH MYYYYYY….”

Hyerin rolled her eyes and took a seat.

~~~~~

Hyerin looked around the backstage, she skipped to Jaebum as soon as she saw him. Miina followed quietly while looking here and there hoping to find her dimple prince.

“How was it? How were we?” asked Jaebum. Hyerin answered by raising two thumbs up. Jaebum smiled and ruffled Hyerin’s hair.

“Yo cousin! What are you looking for?” shouted Jaebum to Miina. Miina startled, smiled and scratched her head.

“Actually it’s someone…”

“Hey Jay!”

Miina’s jaw dropped. Jonghyun came out of nowhere and gave a pat on Jaebum’s back. The two of them then chatted a lot about their performances, leaving Miina and Hyerin speechless. Miina pulled Hyerin’s hand. Hyerin pulled Jay’s shirt.

“Oh! Forgot these beauties are here. Jonghyun, this is Hyerin, my yeoja. And this one is Miina, my cousin,” Jaebum introduced the two girls.

“Hello, nice to meet you,” Jonghyun bowed a bit to Hyerin. He looked at Miina and was about to bow, but then..

“Oh you’re the one who led me to class 3-1!” said Jonghyun, somehow cheerfully, showing his dimples. Making Miina about to die standing.

“Ah, you’re the guy who bumped into me. Hehe~” Miina smiled awkwardly, she felt so nervous, her face was so hilarious that Hyerin had to try hard not to laugh.

Miina found out that Jaebum and Jonghyun were in fact friends in high school. The four of them had quite a long chat backstage, until Hyerin looked at the time and wanted to go back home.

“Ok see you later, Jonghyun!” said Jay, waving to his friend. Hyerin bowed and walked beside Jay. Miina was subsconciously frozen in place.

Jonghyun looked at Miina. He waved in front of her eyes. “Oh! I should be.. going too.. yeah,” Miina acted awkward once again. Jonghyun smiled.

He stepped forward and slipped in a piece of paper into Miina’s pocket.

“It’s my number. If you have anything to ask about NUS, since you’re probably facing the entrance exams next year, just call me.”

With that, Jonghyun gave his best smile, patted Miina’s head and walked away, leaving Miina once again frozen in place.