1

The Girl Who Doesn't Want to Be 17

“Happy birthday, Hyerin!”

Miina threw the confetti, blew the little trumpet and clapped her hands vigorously. The café felt a bit quiet after she stopped singing. Jaebum touched the cake’s cream and stuck it onto Hyerin’s nose. Hyerin made a puff face and Jaebum laughed.

“How I wish I had a boyfriend,” whispered Miina as she sighed and ate the second cake Hyerin gave to her.

“You’ll have one soon, trust me. I guarantee, before your 17th birthday, you’ll get one,” Hyerin spoke confidently while giving Miina a pat on her back.

“How can you be so confident? It’s or last year in high school, yet for three years I never had one. Even you. You ended up with my own cousin…” Miina glared at Jaebum. Jaebum’s mouth was covered with cream, he smiled.

“Just wait and believe, Miina. You’ll get the most perfect guy of your dreams,” Hyerin started to daydream. Miina rolled her eyes.

“I do want a boyfriend. But I don’t want to turn seventeen…”

“Why?” Jaebum finally opened his mouth.

“Because seventeen is when you are fully responsible of yourself. You’re considered an adult. Well… the point is it’s not easy.”

“Just say it if you don’t want to be separated from your parents :P”

“Shut up. I’ll tell your dad that you bullied me,” Miina tried to threaten Jaebum.

“Oh, look Hyerin! She’s turning seventeen but has the real age of seven!”

Miina snatched Jaebum’s headphone (his ‘beats by dr.dre’) and held it as if she was going to break it into two. Jaebum panicked, he stood up and tried to get it back.

“Whoa.. whoa.. Miina, pretty Miina, not the headphones, dear. I understand about you not wanting to be seventeen. Everyone wants to be forever young. Now gimme back ma beats!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this story is actually finish so i'm gonna post until the final chapter.

comments, anyone? ^^