Bet

Irresistible 2

 

 
 
 
Why did he hire people to look for me? I was scared & took Kevin's advice to run. I knew that I couldn't stay in one place for long. It sounds crazy that I'm running away from MY husband!
 
Very soon, I would run out of money. I had to find a way to get money. If I use Dongho's money, he would be able to track me down.
 
My phone rang again. It was dongho. I gulped & answered my phone.
"Oppa?"
"Where are you?"
"Why did you hire people to look for me?"
"I'm tired of playing your games! My dad was right, you ruin my image."
"What's wrong with you? Did you take your medicine??"
"I don't need that! I'm not a mental patient!"
"I will not go back until you take it!"
 
I hung up. I knew that if he didn't take it, he would hit me again when I went back.suddenly, I felt like vomiting. I went to the toilet & vomited. Something was wrong. I checked the date. "Oh no. God, don't tell me..." I gasped in horror. My period is a week late.
 
My period has never been late. I am pregnant. I went downstairs & flagged a taxi. I told the driver to send me to the hospital.
 
 
"Congratulations mrs shin. You're pregnant." The doctor smiled.
"What?!"
"You've got to be careful now since you have another life inside you."
 
As I left the hospital, I thought of abortion. But it wouldn't be fair to the baby, I couldn't just murder it like that. It wasn't his fault. The doctor said I was 3 weeks pregnant.
 
I didn't want to tell dongho. I picked up my phone & called Kevin.
"Yeoboseyo?"
"Kevin oppa, I'm pregnant. Ottoke??"
"Bwo?!"
"You heard me!"
"I don't know! Where are you now? Do you need me there?"
"I'm at (xxx) hotel just outside Seoul."
"Okay, I'll be there in an hour or so."
 
 
Dongho's POV:
I was watching tv when the house phone rang. I went to pick it up.
"Yeoboseyo?"
"Dongho-ah?"
"Neh~" it was soohyun.
"Is (YN) around?"
"Ani."
"Oh okay.. Can you help me congratulate her?"
"What for?"
"Umm she's pregnant."
"What?!"
"You didn't know?"
 
I hung up the phone & called (YN).
 
Your POV:
Oh no... I looked at my dongho was calling. I picked it up slowly.
"(YN)-ah??"
"Yeah?"
"Are you pregnant??"
 
How did dongho find out?!
 
"A-ani.." I lied.
"Tell me the truth."
"No. I'm not!"
"Stop lying."
I sighed. "Yes. I'm pregnant for 3 weeks with your child."
"I need you to come back now."
"No! You're gonna hurt me & our child!"
"I promise I won't hurt you." His voice was calm.
"The baby?"
"I won't hurt it. Just come back."
"I'll think about it."
 
I hung up before he could say something else. Stupid nurse told me that I had a stomach upset.
 
When Kevin arrived, he told me..
"So are you going to go back?"
"I don't know...I don't really have a choice since I'm running out of money." I sighed.
"You can always stay at my place." He suggested.
"No...I'll feel guilty since its not your child."
"Do you need me to send you back?"
 
I nodded. When we reached Dongho's house, I went in. The maids were doing the chores but there was no sign of dongho anywhere.
 
As i walked up the stairs, I heard the piano. Pushed the library's glass door & saw dongho.
When he saw me, he came to me & hugged me. "Mianhe, I promise that I will never hurt you again."
 
I suddenly felt like vomiting again. I covered my mouth & pushed him away. I quickly ran to the nearest toilet & vomited.
Dongho followed me, he stood at the door. "Gwenchana?"
I flipped my fringe up & nodded.
 
While washing my face, my phone rang.
"Yeoboseyo?"
"(YN)-ah?" It was my father-in-law.
"Neh?"
"I heard that you are now pregnant?"
"Yes.."
"Abort that child." He said sternly.
"No." It wasn't fair if I killed the baby. Was he mad?! He's so heartless!
"Abort it tomorrow or I'll come over & do it by force!"
"Why?!" I screamed.
Dongho just stood there & looked at me with his wide eyes.
"That baby isn't going to do dongho any good!"
 
Before I could answer him, dongho took my phone away.
"Appa?"
 
I could hear what he was talking about but after a few minutes, dongho hung up.
"I'm not going to abort this child." I looked at him.
"I have no other choice.." He held my hand.
I shook him off "I'm not going to let you! You promised me you will not hurt our baby!"
"Then what do we do?"
"Run away?" I tilted my head.
 
The next moment, dongho brought out our luggages & started packing our clothes. He didn't let me help at all as he was afraid that I might have a miscarriage or something. I rolled my eyes & sat on the bed watching him pack.
 
"Where are we going?" I asked him as we walked towards his car.
"Outside town. We'll just keep moving."
"Do we really have to do that?"
"Do want to abort the baby?"
"No!"
"Then lets go."
 
 
Dongho's POV:
As I drove to the hotel, I thought about what dad had said earlier...
"That child isn't going to do you any good!"
"Handing the company over to me isn't doing any good to me either."
"Abort the child or I'll personally go over & do it myself!"
"But.."
"No buts! I will give you up till tomorrow!"
 
After an hour, (YN) had already fell asleep. Her hands on her stomach. All this running will lead to an unhappy ending. There is no way we can escape, not until the child is born.
 
When we reached the hotel, I woke (YN) up & carried the luggages. As the sky got darker, I took a shower. I tucked myself into bed & hugged her to sleep.
 
I didn't know how long I could keep this up. There must be a reason why appa didn't want this child.
 
 
>>>>> next morning >>>>>
 
I blinked & rubbed my eyes. I was awoken by the sound of the toilet flushing. (YN) is having morning sickness again. I stood up & dragged my feet to the toilet.
 
"Gwenchana?" I asked half asleep.
She was rinsing . She looked up at me. "Mianhe I woke you up.." Without warning, her body started falling. I ran towards her & she fell into my arms.
 
"(YN)-ah??" I called.
She didn't answer. I quickly got changed & brought her to the hospital.
 
 
I sat outside the emergency room. The doctor came out & stood in front of me. "(YN) is just dehydrated. Nothing serious. She can be discharged after I few days."
I walked towards the room she was in & sat down beside her.
 
"What did the doctor say?" She held my hand.
"Nothing serious. Just dehydrated."
"Has your dad called?" She asked.
"Why do you ask?"
She pointed at the tv.
I looked up & saw that it was about us. That (YN) is expecting. What was more shocking is that after she gives birth to our child, he or she would be given to one of appa's gambling friends. Appa had made a bet with this friend of his with our first born.
 
"I'm not going to give our baby away!" (YN) shouted.
I took my phone out & called dad.
 
"YAH! Appa! How can you make such a bet?!"
"I was drunk!" He shouted.
"With my first born?! What were you thinking?!" I was furious.
"Come on son! You've got to help me here. I owed him. You were supposed to marry his daughter!"
"There is no way I'm letting him take my child!"
"It's either you give him your first born or you marry his daughter." He tried to reason with me.
 
I now hated my dad. The bets he made were ridiculous!