Chapter 6

This is What We Do

 

Mir nudged Dongwoon and asked “Which one is Tao again?” Dongwoon answered “Remember the three maknaes whom Taemin introduced at the last meeting? Tao is the tallest with piercing eyes.” Mir nodded his head few times after he remembered which one was Tao “He seems like a cool and macho kid”  Lay laughed hearing it, “Except when he does aegyo.  Your imagination of a cool and macho kid will just flew right away.”  
 
Seohyun smiled, “Tao is very good with aegyo because he has very good teachers.”  Key smirked, “Don’t say that he was taught by Victoria-noona and Krystal?”  Key sighed when Seohyun nodded.  Suho shook his head, “No wonder he’s good.”  The girls giggled at his words.
 
Suddenly a song was heard. “Ba ba ba ba banana, Ba ba ba ba banana, Bananaaaaah Potato naaaaah, Bananaaaaah”  Everyone looked at each other then laughed out loud. “Oh My God, whose ringtone is that?” Key said in between his laughed.  “It’s so funny” Nicole said.  The ringtone was still heard “Banana ba ba ba ba banana Potatoooooh” 
 
Lay looked at Seohyun then the bag beside his seat.  “Uhm, Seohyun-ssi … I think it’s your phone.”  Seohyun looked at him with wide eyes, “But that’s not my ringtone.”  Lay pointed at the bag, “But the sound was heard from here.  Isn’t this your bag?” Seohyun nodded and opened the bag.  She pulled out her cellphone.  The girl shook her head and sighed, “He changes my ringtone again.”
 
“No, don’t answer it yet! We want to hear the ringtone again” Key and Nicole said at the same time. Nana and Hara nodded eagerly.  Seohyun sighed but complied to the request. “Ba ba ba ba banana, Ba ba ba ba banana, Bananaaaaah Potato naaaaah, Bananaaaaah.  To ga li no po ta to ni ga ni ba  lo ba ni ka no ji ga. Ba ba ba ba banana! Yo plano hu ~ la pa no no tu~ ma banana like a nupi talamu~ Banana ba ba ba ba banana Potatoooooh~ To ga li no po ta to ni ga ni ba  lo ba ni ka no ji ga~ Ba ba ba ba BANANAAAAAAAHH~!” Everyone cringed at the last note then laughed together.  Seohyun looked at them “Can I answer now?” Nicole nodded.
 
“Annyong haseyo, oppa” Seohyun said to her phone while walking away to talk in private.  Hara pouted, “Ah, her boyfriend calls.”  She turned to Dongwoon and glared “Where the hell is your hyung?  Your promotion is already ended, why hasn’t he contact me? Am I still her girlfriend or what?”  Dongwoon could only gape at the upset girl.  Nicole rolled her eyes.  “It’s not his fault if Junhyung doesn’t call you.”  
 
“Why don’t you call him first?” Nana said.  Min, Nicole and Hara looked at her with horrified expression.  “What?” Nana asked.  
 
“Seriously, Nana? You just have to ask that?” Min folded her hands on her chest and leaned back, “Really?” Now, it was Nana turn to roll her eyes, “For Godsake!  Are we still live in Joseon Dynasty? We’ve a female President-elect and you’re still about girls shouldn’t call boy first? And this also comes from an idol girl who sings a song about her doesn’t need a man.”  Min frowned, “It’s just a song, there’s difference of real life and not.” 
 
The boys fidgeted while watching the girls argued.  Minho already gave a hard nudged when he saw Key started to open his mouth to join the debate.  Key glared at him and Minho shook his head, signaled him to be quiet.  He turned to the others, expecting them to understand his signal.  They nodded weakly.  Never ever came in between girls fight if you valued your life.
 
“Hara is his girlfriend.  They’re dating.  It is a girlfriend's right to call her boyfriend” Nana pointed Lay, It’s different case if it’s me who call Lay when we just met today.” Suho glanced at his fellow Chinese member whose cheeks were a little pink.  “Although, now it’s common for girls to make the first move” Nana added.
 
“But I don’t want he thinks that I’m a possessive girlfriend” Hara sighed.  “Do you call or text him every hour?” Hara looked Nana, “Of course not.”  “See, you’re not a possessive girlfriend.  You should start to call him first.  Boys likes when their girls make the initiative.  They also want to receive attention and not always who gives ones.  Spice up your relationship a bit.  You don’t want your boyfriend to be bored of you, right?”
 
“And this meeting has turn into a love consultation” Key piped in.  The girls threw a dark look at the boy.  Minho face palmed and sighed.  “You be quite!” Nana snapped at Key, then she looked at the other boys who didn’t dare to meet her eyes.  “All of you should be grateful that I ...”
 
“What’s going on?” Seohyun looked confused, noticing the tense atmosphere, “You’re not fighting, are you?”Nicole shook her head and smiled brightly at Seohyun, “Nothing wrong, Hyunnie.  So did you receive a call from your boyfriend?” Seohyun blushed and nodded.  She bit her lip and reluctantly said, “Uhm, he said he want to meet me today because he’ll go to Japan for a concert tommorow, so I ...”  Nicole pouted, “You’re going to leave now?” Seohyun nodded.  
 
Seohyun took her bag, “I’m sorry for leaving first.  It’s nice to see you after such a long time.”  She bowed to the others.  “That’s alright Seohyun-ah.  I hope you could join us for the next meeting” Min said.  Seohyun beamed, “I will.  Bye guys!” She waved and walked to the door.  Before she finally out of the cafe, Nicole and Key yelled, “Have fun in your date” which made her blushed again.
 
There was an awkward silence after Seohyun left the cafe.  Nicole cleared her tounge and started to say something when another ring tone heard.  Hara suddenly beamed brightly and answer her phone, “Oppa, anyyeong!” She quickly got up from her seat and walked to the corner sofa, giggling all the way.
 
“And finally Junhyung calls” Key said.  He looked at Dongwoon, “Did you tell him to call her?” Dongwoon shook his head, “No, I didn’t.” Nana and Min narrowed their eyes at Dongwoon.  “I really didn’t tell Junhyung-hyung to call Hara.  That’s his own doings.  I don’t meddle in my members relationship.”  Nicole smiled at him, “I believe you, Dongwoon-ah”  She looked at Hara who was talking happily at the phone.  “Look at her, so happy!”
 
“Ah, I think another member will leave for her date” Nana said, looking at Hara skipped happily toward them.  Before Hara open , Nana cut her off “You want to leave early because you have a date?”  “Eh, how do you know?” Hara’s eyes widen.  “Your face say it all, darling” Min grinned. 
 
After Hara left the café, the 91-liners stayed and chatted for an hour until Nana said “I have to leave also.”   Nicole looked disappointed, “Eh you’ll leave also? Why?”  “I have to meet Kahi-unnie and it’s better if I arrive earlier and wait for her than the opposite.  She’s scary as hell” the blonde girl shudder.  The idols cringed sympathetically.   “I think we should close this meeting too” Key said.
 
--------------
 
“Is the 91-line meeting always like that?” Suho asked, once they were inside Minho’s car.  Key, who was sitting beside Minho who drove the car, turned around, “What do you mean?”  Suho glanced at Lay and hesitantly said, “You know … like that …” Minho looked at Suho and Lay from the rearview mirror, “Loud and rowdy and … maybe more like a gossip show?”  Suho nodded.  Key and Minho laughed.  “Yes, it’s pretty much like that everytime we meet.  Especially since the other girls started to join us” Key explained while turned to the front again. 
 
“Do you always meet in the same place?” Lay asked curiously.  “No, we don’t.  We change it from time to time especially whenever fans found out our meeting.  Although, we always have a place at The Red Kitchen, Nicole’s mom’s restaurant.  But we don’t want to burden her because Nicole and her mom always give us a treat if we meet there” Key said.
 
“Guys, I think you should cover up a little bit.  We’re going to the more crowded street” Minho said while putting on his sunglasses.  Lay wore his favorite mask while Suho wrapped half of his face with his scarf when Key gasped loudly.  “What the hell is going between you, EXO and f(x) girls?!”  “Huh?”  “What?” Both Suho and Lay looked at Key confusedly.  “There’s nothing going on between us” 
 
“Well, what do you say about those two people over there?” Key pointed at something across the street.  Victoria and Kris came out from a coffee shop across the street.  Victoria was laughing at something Kris had said.   The EXO-M leader said something again that made Victoria laughed even harder.
 
“Err ...”
“Uhm ...”
“They look good together actualy” Key said.  “Are they on a date or something? Quite brave, aren't they?”
“I think they’re not on a date” Minho said.
“Duh! How do you know they’re not on a date.  Look at their appearance!” Key pointed at Kris and Victoria’s dashing look and clothes.  “Duh! If they’re on a date why would Taeyeon-noona and Gyuri-noona tag along?” Sure enough what Minho had said.  Taeyeon and Gyuri came out from the same coffee shop.  Each girls held two glass of coffee.  Taeyeon gave one glass to Victoria while Gyuri gave one to Kris.  Kris bowed to Gyuri.
 
“Oh ! I know I forgot something today” Suho said.  “What did you forget?”  Lay asked.  “The Leaders Club meeting! Sorry, I have to go.  Thanks for the ride, Minho” Suho opened the door and got out of the car.  “Yah, be careful!!” Key yelled at him because Suho run recklessly across the street.  Minho, Key and Lay sighed in relieved when Suho reached safely in front of the coffee shop and joined the other leaders.
 
 
-the end-
 
 
 
--------------------------------
 
Thanks for reading my story.
I'm going to write another story about The Leaders Club
I hope you'll read it too.
 
 
A little bonus, Seohyun's ringtone ^^
 
 
Oh and I deliberately don't mention the name of Seohyun's boyfriend.  I'm letting the reader to imagine him as anyone they like