Chapter 5

This is What We Do

 

 

 

“Nicole-ah, that’s supposed to be a secret, if this was spread, I bet Jjing will be mad at us because she thought we eavesdropped on her conversation with her friends” Hara complained.  Nicole bit her lip “Sorry, I slipped up.”  She looked at the other idols “This is a secret, okay.  Don’t tell the others, pretty please or Jiyoung will get angry at me.  She’s kinda scary if she gets angry, especially if Gyuri-unnie found out, we’ll be dead for sure”

Key pointed at Lay “Lay, explain!” Lay looked bewildered at his sunbae “I don’t know anything. I am as surprised as you.  Tao never talks about his private matters with the members ... well, except Kris-ge and maybe Baekhyun”  Key turned to Suho “If Lay doesn’t know, I’m even more at lost.”

“Nicole, are you sure that Krystal said she likes Tao?” Seohyun inquired “What exactly did she say?”  Nicole tried to remembered the conversation “Well, she didn’t exactly say that she likes him.  But with the way she talked about Tao ... you know ... it was like Hara when she’s first dating Junhyung.”  Hara blushed and yelled at her, “Yah!!! Don’t say it like that.  You’re embarrassing me.”  Nicole ignored her and added “But now I think about it, it was not just her, actually.  Sulli was like that also.”  Mir and Dongwoon whistled, “Oh, a love triangle between members.  This is sure a juicy gossip.  Gosh! I love this club!!” Jaejin exclaimed. 

“Yah!! That’s my maknes, you’re talking about!” Key shrieked, “My maknaes!!!” Suho frowned and said “They’re not just yours, they’re ours too” Lay and Minho nodded in agreement.  “Calm down, everyone” Seohyun said.  “But Seohyun-ah …” Key sulked.  Seohyun only smiled serenely at him,  “I can very well explain the situation about Krystal, Sulli and Tao.”  Min sighed “Oh, please do.  Before these boys tear at each other throats”

Seohyun started, “Do you know what those three have in common?” Jinwoon frowned “Beside the fact that they’re maknaes and from the same agency?” Seohyun nodded. Everyone shook their heads, except Lay.  “Is it Qian-jie?” Lay asked.  Seohyun nodded again.

“Who is that?” Jinwoon and the others, except the ones from SM, were confused.  Lay explained, “I mean Victoria-noona.  Her real name is Song Qian that’s why I call her Qian-jie.”  Minho furrowed his brow and commented “You have to get used to calling her Victoria-noona, Lay.”  Lay sighed and murmured “Sorry.  It’s just that ... I’m already used to calling her Qian-jie for more than 4 years and she’s the one who insist to still be called like that.” “Okay, I understand if she wants it like that.  It is alright if it happens within our company but please remember if you’re ever in broadcast you have to call her by her stage name.” Minho added and Lay nodded at him.  Jinwoon looked at Lay “Are you close with her?” Lay nodded and said “Yes.”  Before Jinwoon asked again, Key was already snapping his fingers to stop him, “Can we get back to the real problem here? You know the whole Krystal-Sulli-Tao thing?”  Key raised his eyebrows at Jinwoon who held up his hands in defeat.  He turned to Seohyun “Please continue, Seohyun-ah”

Seohyun nodded and said “Lay is right.  Those three have Victoria-unnie in common.”   Jaejin frowned and said “But I still don’t understand the connection between Victoria-sshi and the love triangle.”  Key clucked his tongue, “Stop calling it as love triangle!”  Jaejin only smirked at him.

“Krystal, Sulli and Tao think Victoria-unni as their own family” Seohyun spoke again.  “For Krystal and Sulli, Tao is special, an exception.  An exception because Tao can calls Victoria-unnie as Vic-umma too, just like the f(x) members” Seohyun said.  “Wow, they like Tao that much until they’re willing to share their umma?” Minho murmured.  Seohyun nodded.  Key, Suho and Lay smiled in understanding.

“I still don’t quite get the reason, though” Min said.  “Only f(x) members are allowed to call Vic-noona as Vic-umma” Key said, “And by allowing Tao to call her umma too, that means they think Tao as their brother, right?  Okay, problem is solved!  I don’t have to knock the Panda down” Key grinned widely.  Minho scoffed at him, “Like you could even land a finger on him.  He’ll wushu you to Timbuktu.”  Lay laughed while Suho explained to the others who got confuse –again– about Tao’s wushu ability.

“Sometime I kind of have the urge to call Victoria-noona as umma too” Key said.  “Don’t we all?” Hara murmured, “When we were Invicible Youth, almost all of us have urge to call her umma but some other time we also wanted to coddle her because she can be as cute as a button.”  Seohyun smiled, “We, SNSD are like that too.  Victoria-unnie once was evacuated to our dorm because the f(x) members caught bird flu.  She lived with us for two weeks and we were like in heaven at that time, especially Sooyoung-unnie and Yoona-unnie.”  Key chuckled “Yeah, we heard that Yoona-noona even forbade Victoria-noona to leave your dorm.” 

Minho sighed, “I just hope Taemin doesn’t know about Tao calling her as umma, though.  Him and Yoona-noona.”  “Uhm … it’s kind of too late.  Yoona-unnie and Taemin already quarreled with Krystal because they overheard Tao called Vic-unnie as umma” Seohyun said.  Key, Minho, Suho and Lay looked surprise.  “When did that happen?  I didn’t hear anything about it.  Did you Lay?” Suho looked at his bandmate who shook his head. 

“It happened this summer.  Only several people know about it.  Beside those four, only Leeteuk-oppa and I know about it, even Vic-unnie doesn’t know” Seohyun continued “I was very thankful because Leeteuk-oppa showed up.  Taemin was much easier to be calmed and assured especially if it was Leeteuk-oppa who did it.  But Yoona-unnie was a little stubborn.  She didn’t want to lose to Krystal or Tao.  Until Leeteuk-oppa admonished Yoona-unnie to consider Vic-unnie’s feeling of being called as umma by someone who only three years younger than her.”  “That’s him alright, good old Leeteuk-hyung” Key said, “I miss him.”  Everyone was quiet after that.

 

 

 

=========

I apologize for the late update because I have some family issues need to be resolved