Chapter 2

This is What We Do

“Hello, ladies!!!” a cheery voice stopped Nicole's musing.  She looked at the door and her face broke into wide grin when she saw her other best friend, Key.  The SHINee member was at the door with hands opened wide, like he was waiting for a hug, which he did receive from a squealing Nicole.  The other girls, Hara, Nana and Min took turn of giving Key a hug, while the other male idols looked at him with mixed feeling. 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”  Jaejin glared at Key “You just called us ladies” Key rolled his eyes “My my ... aren’t you overly sensitive today.  I’m calling for my girls here” he pointed at Nicole, Nana, Hara and Min who stood by his side. 

“Alright, alright ... let’s not quarrel for now” Jinwoon said, his grin was back on his face again.  He looked behind Key and the girls and saw Minho with two males he didn’t recognize.  “Oh, hey Minho.”  The said male smiled at them “Hey, guys! It’s been a while, isn’t it?”  Nana looked at the two males who stood behind Minho.  Both of them were handsome.  The shorter one was familiar, must be an idol from SM Entertainment since he came with SHINee, she thought.  But the slightly taller one, she was unfamiliar with his face.  “Who are they?” she heard Min asked.

Key introduced them with such enthusiasm that only Key had, “These are my hoobae, EXO” Key dragged the two new guys.  “Come on guys, don’t be shy.  They don’t bite” he said “Well, except Nana, of course.” And the blonde girl screech “YAH!!!”  Key ignored her and continued to introduce his hoobae “This is Suho” pointing at the guy with angel-like smile and then pointing at the guy with a dimple “And this is Lay”

“Ah, Suho-sshi from EXO-K, right?  We’ve met before” Dongwoon said.  Suho smiled “Ah, yes sunbae.” Dongwoon waved his hand “No ... No ... don’t call me sunbae, just called my name.  We’re the same age, after all”
“Huh? How do you know that he’s the same age?” Mir asked.  The others looked at him weirdly.  Key rolled his eyes “I bring them at the 91 liners meeting for good sake, how else he knows that Suho and Lay are the same age as us?”  Mir scratched the back of his head and grinned stupidly “I forgot”

“EXO ... EXO oh so you must be the hyung of three new maknae in the Comrade then” Jinwoon said “What are their names again? ... Oh, right, Tao and Kai ... and what is the name of that milky white skin boy?”  “Sehun” Suho answered.  Jinwoon beamed “Ah, right, Sehun”
“Sehun ... Kai  ... ah, Suzy mentioned about them before.  They’re schoolmate, I think” Min said.

Dongwoon looked at Lay “Are you in EXO too?” Lay nodded.  “But I think this is the first time I meet you” Dongwoon frowned.  Lay nodded again and said “I’m in EXO-M with Tao, we mostly promote in China”
“I’m sorry for asking, are you Chinese?” Min asked after hearing Lay’s accent.  “Yes, I am”
“Great! I have another friend to practice my mandarin with” Min said in Mandarin.  “These people can’t speak any language beside Korean” she waved at the others.  “But aren’t some them could speak Japanese?” Lay asked in the same language.  Now both of them were chatting like they’ve known each other for several years.  From their conversation, Min knew that they have the same friend, which was Amber. 

Nana looked at both them and pursued her lips, “Can you two stop talking in an alien language?”  She asked.  Lay blinked at her while Min pinched Nana’s cheek “Yah! Mandarin is not alien!!!” The blonde girl stuck her tongue at her.  Min growled at her then glared at Key who was laughing out loud, “What the hell are you laughing at?” Key managed to speak in between his laughing fit “Nana said alien!” The Miss A member gave him a blank look then she looked at Nana who just shrugged then to the others who were confused as well.  Key continued to laugh even harder when he saw his friends’ expression, especially the blushing faces of Suho and Lay.  Minho patted his group mate shoulder “Now, Key don’t make them even more confuse.” Key pointed at Nana “But she said alien ... don’t you get it? Alien!” Minho only shook head at his friend crazy antic.