Friends? Friends.

This life that I have with you.

He came to me again during recess.Asked if we could have lunch together.We are friends anyway.Why not.Kira shot me a puzzled look.

"So.You already made your move.Why didn't you include me in your plan!"

"What plan?"

"I-am-going-to-be-Jiyong's-girlfriend-plan?"

"We are just friends.He did tell me he liked me yesterday.But I didn't say anything alright.He asked if I wanted to be friends and friends seem okay so I said yes,that's all."

"Friends?"

"Yeah,purely just friends."


"What do you want to eat?"

"Hmmm.Samgyupsal?"

"Arasso let's go."

This time round.It felt a little more comfortable being around Jiyong.But,what if I ever get too comfortable.

"You know,I noticed you that day I saw you patting a stray dog.You like pets too?"

"Yeah.One reliable confidant."

He noticed me?Why does his words have to be so full of meaning.Full of understanding.


He finally spoke again during the meal.Why can't I just treat him like any other friends I have.Why is there is imaginary barrier between us that I refused to remove.

"Pass me your phone.I need to check something."

"Alright."

I unconsciously passed it to him and continuing chewing my food,He pressed the keypads again and again.And in a moment his phon rang.I knew it.Exchange of phone numbers.

"Now we can call each other."

"Mm."


My phone beeped.A text.As I opened it it says,

"You're home already?"

From Jiyong.

"Yeah,safe and sound.Hahhaha see you tomorrow then.Feeling really tired already:/"

I replied.Unknowingly smiling to myself.

Right after sending that message,Kira called me,interrogation I guess.

"So how was lunch?"

"Normal,nothing special."

"C'mon.Spill it out.You starting to like him already right."

"Nope.Rather positive."

"Why aren't you very positive then?"

"Because..."

Kira was right.Whats with this vocabulary error?

"I don't know,it's just,I am okay with being friends with him,but it's not to that point.That's all."

"Not very convincing but alright.Rest well,we have a long day ahead."