Short Story 7

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

“Sorry I’m late Oppa,” she apologized to him.

“It’s okay. I just arrived too,” he smiled at her.

“Why do you want to meet me here?” she asked.

“I’ll make it short. Let’s break up,” he was really blunt.

“What did you say? Am I hearing it right?” she was shocked.

“Let’s break up. I don’t think that our relationship won’t go that far. Ever since our relationship got exposed, how many times did we meet? Once or twice? No… We never met until today. Each time I wanted to meet up with you, you would always make excuses that you are busy. It seems like you were avoiding me. I see that there’s no point for us to continue this special relationship,” he explained and then left the Cube Café.

 

“Neo Nappeun namja!” she banged the table and left the café too.

__________

 

“Yong JunHyung, are you crazy?!” DooJoon stormed into JunHyung’s recording studio with an angry expression.

“What?” JunHyung got annoyed when people came in his recording studio without his permission.

“What is this?” DooJoon showed his iPad to JunHyung.
“News about you and HaRa breaking up are everywhere,” he continued.

“So?” he was so cool about it.

“I don’t know what your reason for breaking up with her and I don’t want to know it. You shouldn’t expose about your relationship with her in the first place if you know it won’t last,” DooJoon stormed out of JunHyung’s recording studio and slammed the door.

__________

 

“Are you happy that they broken up?” ChaeRin asked as she saw the maknae smiling to herself.

“Who?” SooAh asked.

“Are you pretending not to know who I am talking about?” ChaeRin sounded frustrated.

“What do you mean? What are you talking about? Who broke up?” SooAh did not understand what ChaeRin was trying to tell her.

“Are you sure that you do not know anything about JunHyung Oppa’s relationship?” ChaeRin showed the news about JunHyung’s break up to SooAh.

“How can I do this? Do you think I’m desperate for JunHyung Oppa’s love?” SooAh could not believe that ChaeRin would accuse her for JunHyung’s breakup.

“Then why are you smiling on your own?” ChaeRin asked.

“I smiled because I was looking at these pictures!” SooAh threw her photo album to ChaeRin.

“What’s happening here?” MinAh interrupted the youngest two. She was in the living room when she heard all the commotion in ChaeRin and SooAh’s room. SooAh glared at ChaeRin and then left the house.

 

SooAh could not believe that her own group member did not believe her. She did not know about the news as she was with Peniel at the company’s building for the whole day. She had not seen JunHyung for more than a week after she left him in the recording room.

 

“This is unbelievable…” ChaeRin almost fell when she saw the pictures in SooAh’s photo album. The photo album contained pictures of Mystical’s members, only the three of them and no one else.

__________

 

“You have some sharing to do before we find SooAh,” MinAh looked at ChaeRin.

“I promised her that I won’t tell you anything about this…” ChaeRin sighed.

“What’s the point of me being a leader when my group members don’t even want to share their problems with me? Tell me or I’ll get Rachel Unnie to be involved in this too,” MinAh was serious.

“Our maknae… She likes JunHyung Oppa,” ChaeRin dared not look at MinAh.

“What?” MinAh could not believe what she heard. From what she knew, the maknae had not shown any interest to any male idols in Cube Entertainment Company before. She did not know that the maknae had a secret crush on JunHyung all that while.

“I thought she was the one who caused JunHyung Oppa and HaRa to break up. I was wrong…” ChaeRin looked down. She was feeling so guilty for accusing the maknae.

“We have to look for the maknae now.” MinAh took her jacket and cell phone in her room before going out to look for SooAh with ChaeRin.

 

SooAh was not at the rooftop or in the basement. She was nowhere to be found in the house too. MinAh and ChaeRin tried calling SooAh so many times but it was useless because SooAh did not pick up. They suddenly remembered that SooAh went out without bringing her cell phone and wallet. She did not even wear her jacket too. MinAh and ChaeRin decided to go to the company’s building to search for SooAh because that was the only place that she would go at night.

__________

 

She was actually at the playground on her own. She was sitting at the swing and thought of what happened at the dorm. She still could not believe that ChaeRin accused her for JunHyung’s broken relationship. She was not sure why ChaeRin would accuse her as she was confident enough that JunHyung did not know her feeling for him. She did not know why JunHyung broke up with HaRa and she did not want to know the reason. It would just hurt her more.