Short Story 5

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

No one knew how SooAh managed to change back to her usual self when they did not do anything much. They even left her alone at the villa and went cycling. They thought that SooAh was behaving differently for the past few days because she had had not enough rest.

 

For SooAh, she decided to change to her usual self because she felt guilty for making everyone worried about her. It was a problem between her heart and JunHyung. She did not want anyone else to get involve.

__________

 

She sneakily sat beside the youngest idol in Cube Entertainment who was busy eating and disturbing Peniel. She waited for a moment to give him a surprise. Everyone who was observing her shook their heads as they knew the normal SooAh loved to surprise people when she herself hates surprises.

 

“SungJae-ah… Gomawo!” she hugged the youngest idol in Cube Entertainment.

“Wae?” he pretended not to know. He was actually blushing because his favourite noona hugged him for the first time.

“You stayed by my side even when I ignored you. Gomawo dongsaeng! I love you!” she tighten the hug. SungJae continued to blush.

 

“That’s not fair! Where are our hugs? Especially mine!” EunKwang teased SooAh.

“Why must I hug you Oppa? Just because you and the other leaders planned this trip for me?” SooAh asked him coolly.

“Nice one Noona!” SungJae gave her a hi-5.

 

“Hey leaders! Listen up! This is Shin SooAh’s rap for all the four of you~!

Hello! Hello! The wise and cool maknae rapper of Mystical is back! So there is no way I’ll be nice to all of you! Merong!” she ended her rap and then stuck her tongue out.

“Nice one SooAh!” YoSeob was the first one to stand up and applaud.

“I’m not done with my rap people because I have not said thank you to the leaders and Papa Hong! Thank you for all this and I appreciate it a lot. I hope that all of you will have a good rest too… Yo!” she managed to make the entire Cube family laugh except for HyunA who was always not happy with SooAh.

 

“She’s forever seeking everyone’s attention,” she commented.

“At least she’s not as bad as you,” ChaeRin heard HyunA.

“She received the attention only when she really needs it. Have you ever seen her whined or talked cutely whenever she’s around any male idols? No, she treats them like how she treats us. And please, our SooAh morale value is really high. Look at yourself before talking about others!” ChaeRin then left HyunA. Like SooAh, ChaeRin had bad terms with HyunA too.

__________

 

After dinner, everyone rested at the beach. SooAh was in her own world taking pictures when HyunA came to disturb her. HyunA was still dissatisfied with all the attention that SooAh got from the Cube family.

 

“Taking pictures in the dark… What can you see?” HyunA approached SooAh.

“That’s why flashes and night modes were invented,” SooAh replied her coolly.

“You are pretending right? Are you happy that everyone is on your side now?” HyunA asked.

“My side? You watch Twilight too much. In Cube family, there aren’t any vampires or werewolves. That means team SooAh and team HyunA don’t exist too. Will you please excuse me?” SooAh stepped aside to continue taking pictures of the sky.  

 

“Woah! Shooting stars!” SooAh pointed at the sky. Everyone including CEO Hong closed their eyes and made a wish. They all then headed back to the villa as it was getting really late.

__________

 

“She did not even look at me or took my pictures…” he complaint as he looked at a portrait of him in SooAh’s sketchbook.

“JunHyung Oppa…” he heard someone calling out his name.

“Ya Lee ChaeRin!” he was surprised to see her outside the villa alone in the middle of the night.

“Did something happen between you and SooAh?” she asked.

“Ani…” he shook his head.

“Oh… Okay…” she nodded and left. JunHyung chased after ChaeRin as he had something to clarify with her.

__________

 

“Do you know something about this?” he wanted to confirm it with her.

“This… I never seen this before,” she looked at the content in the sketchbook.

“SooAh… She really likes me?” he questioned her.

 

ChaeRin could not lie to JunHyung as he already found out the truth. The drawings and notes in the sketchbook had revealed everything. She nodded but she could not look up at JunHyung. She could not believe that JunHyung found out about it quite fast.

 

“You should return to your room now. It’s getting late. I’ll find my way to return this to her,” he left her alone.

__________

 

All of them returned to Seoul after a day in Jeju-do. SooAh resumed her schedules as she got better. She had been in the recording studio each day as Shin2 debut date is closer. They still have to film a debut music video and finish recording a few songs.

__________

 

“SooAh, this is for you,” Peniel came in with a bouquet of red roses.

“Thank you! How did you know that I like red roses?” she asked.

“It’s not from me,” he shook his head.

“Is there a card? It’ll be easy to find the owner then,” he said.

“My jangmi…” she read from the card.

 

There was only a person who called her “Jangmi” and that person was JunHyung…