Short Story 3

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

“SooAh, may I talk to you for a while?” ChaeRin sat beside the maknae.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk to me. But unnie has already find out why you are being like this,” she continued.

“You should tell me about this matter in the first place. It hurts to see you going through all the pain by yourself,” she showed SooAh the picture that she picked up on the floor. SooAh stared at her and tears starting to fall.

“Uljima… You did not do anything wrong,” she hugged the maknae.

“I’ll promise that I won’t tell MinAh Unnie anything about this matter,” she showed her right pinky as a signed of promise.

“I understand that you are having a broken heart right now. But maknae, don’t you think it’s better to share with someone you trust? You are making a lot of people worried about you by behaving like this. Where is the wise and cool SooAh we used to know? Why are you hiding her?” ChaeRin had a slow talk with her.

 

SooAh continued crying. ChaeRin tighten the hug and she was trying her best to comfort her hurt little maknae. After finding out the truth, she understood why the wise maknae was behaving differently and weirdly. She did not expect that the maknae fall for JunHyung as she has never showed any interest towards any male in Cube Entertainment before.

__________

 

They went on the trip together. B2ST, 4Minutes, G.Na, BtoB and Mystical were all together in one bus. There were no manager allowed to follow the idols for the first ever family trip. CEO Hong would join them a little later as he wanted to accompany the new rookie soloist, Roh Ji Hoon, for his debut performance.

__________

 

SooAh was sitting at the back alone in the bus. She was listening to the songs in her playlist and tried to get some sleep. The others were at the front discussing about something. It was a weird discussion as they were fighting among themselves to sit beside SooAh. There were a lot of people who wanted to sit with the cool rapper except for HyunA because both of them had bad terms with each other since the first day they met.

 

“Aish… You guys are so childish,” HyunA interrupted the weird discussion.

“What’s so special about her that everyone wants to sit with her?” she continued.

“You are just jealous of her because she receives more attention than you. At least she’s not an attention seeker,” ChaeRin talked back to HyunA.

“At least I share my problems with my members. Unlike her, she doesn’t even talk,” HyunA pointed to the sleeping SooAh.

“Stop it the both of you. We are here to enjoy our holiday,” DooJoon stopped the argument.

 

“Fine, fine! I’ll sit with SooAh. No one else can come near her as she’ll be under my care for the whole trip,” ChaeRin volunteered to sit beside SooAh.

 

The cool rapper woke up as she felt someone was sitting beside her. She thought it was JunHyung but the person sitting beside her was ChaeRin. Although she was disappointed, she still smiled at ChaeRin.

 

“It’s good to see you smiling again,” ChaeRin ruffled the maknae’s hair.

 

MinAh was glad to see the maknae smile too. She had been hoping to see the cheerful and bright maknae again. Everyone was glad that the smiling angel had found her smile again.

__________

 

The Cube family decided to have a mini performance for SooAh in the bus. It was killing two birds with one stone as they were really bored and had nothing to do. EunKwang was the one that suggested the mini performance for SooAh. Each and every one of them wanted to make SooAh happy and stay smiling. All of them loved SooAh’s smile. SooAh managed to smile and enjoy the mini performances but when it came to JunHyung’s turn to perform, she purposely yawned.

 

“Unnie, I’m really tired. I want to go back to sleep,” she informed ChaeRin.

“Okay… Let’s stop the performances for now. All of you need to rest,” ChaeRin told the rest in a polite manner.

 

JunHyung went to his seat feeling so disappointed. He did not understand why SooAh was suddenly cold towards him.

__________

 

They arrived at the designated villa that CEO Hong booked for the whole day. Sweet SungJae helped SooAh with her luggage. He officially appointed himself as SooAh’s helper until SooAh’s is back to her usual self. Everyone gathered in the villa’s living room and waited for DooJoon who was taking the room keys from the receptionist. He was in-charge of the whole Cube family until CEO Hong comes.

 

“Noona, do you want to ride on the bicycle later?” SungJae asked. SooAh shook her head.

“Why not?” the innocent little boy really did not know anything about SooAh.

“She can’t…” JunHyung approached the both of them. He actually wanted to talk to SooAh but she left and went to ChaeRin. For the time being, SooAh felt safe when she was with ChaeRin.

__________

 

“Does she have a problem with me?” he thought to himself.

“You make me shock!” he was surprised to see her standing in front of him.

“Oppa… Can I talk to you for awhile? It’s something regarding SooAh,” she approached him closer.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Please stay away from my maknae for the time being,” she told him.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to tell you anything for now. Treat your girlfriend well and stay away from SooAh,” ChaeRin remind him and then left.

 

He was confused. A few days ago, he was told to make her happy. Then, it was a different story.

 

“Does Mystical have something against me?” he thought to himself as he left the villa and went to the beach which was located right in front of the villa.