Short Story 6

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

“Why do you look so disturbed?” ChaeRin asked the maknae who was reading mini cards on her bed.

“JunHyung Oppa had been sending me red roses each day. It has been a week already…” the maknae sighed.

“Are you sure? I don’t see you bringing any red rose home…” ChaeRin looked around the room and found that there were no red roses at all.

“I threw them away but I keep these,” SooAh showed the mini cards.

“It doesn’t have a name but I know it’s from JunHyung Oppa,” she continued.

“How?” ChaeRin asked.

“Look at the handwriting. It’s obviously him. Who would bother writing lyrics-like messages on a mini card? Oh, who else calls me Jangmi?” SooAh showed the content in the cards to ChaeRin.

 

ChaeRin sighed. She remembered how she reminded JunHyung to stay away from SooAh each day. Her sunbae did not know that his actions would actually hurt her little maknae more.

__________

 

She sang “When I Miss You” by B2ST in English version with Peniel in the recording studio. The recording was almost perfect until JunHyung entered. SooAh and Peniel began to forget the lyrics that they improvised because JunHyung was sitting in front of them.

 

“Just continue and ignore me,” JunHyung smiled at his hoobae(s).

“Let’s start again from the start. We have to record this for our debut stage,” Peniel held SooAh’s hand. He knew that SooAh would get nervous each time a sunbae monitored them.

 

The both of them sang “When I Miss You” English version again while holding hands. Throughout the whole recording, SooAh looked at Peniel and did not even try to make any eye contact with JunHyung. She did not want to make any mistakes. After the recording ended, JunHyung complimented both SooAh and Peniel.

 

“SooAh, I’ll get drinks for the three of us,” Peniel offered to buy drinks for them.
“Okay… But please be quick. We have more songs to record,” SooAh was feeling really uncomfortable to be in a room alone with JunHyung.

__________

 

“Why are you looking away?” JunHyung asked.

“I don’t have a reason to look at you,” she replied coldly.

“Why?” he was glad that she replied to him although she was still so cold towards him.

“I’m disappointed in you. You already have a girlfriend. Why do you bother looking for me and give me red roses? You are running my innocent image!” she left the recording studio.

 

“What does she mean by that? Is she jealous? Does she really like me? Shin SooAh, why are you making me confuse…” JunHyung thought to himself.

__________

 

She was reflecting about her actions at the company’s rooftop. She had no intention to be rude to JunHyung. She was actually refrained herself from hugging him and confessing to him.

 

SooAh actually missed those times she spent together with JunHyung. She missed teasing and playing pranks on him. She missed composing songs with him. She missed everything about him. She used not to care about JunHyung’s girlfriend that much. However, when the news was exposed, she could not really control her feelings for JunHyung. It seemed like she lost someone precious in her life.

 

“Coke or vitamin drink?” someone placed two drinks in front of her.

“YA!” she hit his shoulder.

“Ouch! Shin SooAh, do you have to hit me each time you see me?” he rubbed his painful shoulder.

“You deserve it for giving me a shock,” she smirked.

“Finally you have a reason for hitting me. Good job Shin SooAh!” Peniel . The both of them began to laugh.

 

“Did JunHyung Oppa tell you that I’m here?” SooAh asked.

“No. He was not in the recording studio when I came back,” Peniel shook his head.

“How did you find out that I’m here?” SooAh was curious.

“Where else will Shin SooAh go when she’s not in the recording studio or dance studio?” Peniel questioned her.

“The rooftop,” she answered.

“Then why do you still ask me that question?” Peniel showed her his annoyed face. SooAh showed him her irritating smile.

 

“Oh, you know I don’t drink coke. Why bother asking?” she said.

“Hahaha, you always asked me that question when you know I like vitamin drink too,” he stated.

“Go away, I’m taking this,” she quickly took the vitamin drink bottle and hid it in her shirt.

“Take it. I’m so glad to see Shin SooAh again,” he smiled at her.

“Hey, what do you mean by that? All this while, you see me as an alien?” she pouted.

“Yes!” he answered jokingly and then ran away.

“Shin DongGeun!” she chased him around the rooftop.

 

SooAh and Peniel were having so much fun chasing each other at the rooftop that they did not notice someone was observing them. Actually, that person was only observing SooAh. He was glad that she began to talk to him although she was rude. He knew she was purposely doing that.

 

“Should I break up with HaRa and just confess to SooAh?” JunHyung thought to himself.