Short Story 2

Bad Man (Sequel: Dream Girl)

 

He tried to come out with ideas to make her smile. He was not sure why she was behaving unlike her usual self. She was more quiet and cold. MinAh, ChaeRin, SungJae, Peniel and a lot more people had tried to make her happy but she just looked at them and then ignored them.

 

“SooAh…” he called out her name softly. However, there was no respond from her. He knew that he was somewhere in the building because SooAh can be seen in the building to practice almost each day.

“Shin SooAh…” he tried again by calling her full name.

__________

 

She was sitting all alone at one of the corners in the dance studio. The lights were turned off and she only had a small torchlight with her. She looked at her own reflection in the mirror and began to cry.

 

“Oppa… Neo Nappeun namja!” she shouted.

“Jinjja Nappeun namja!” she began shouting continuously.

__________

 

He heard that someone was shouting continuously in one of the dance studios. He recognized that voice straight away and went to check at every dance studio. When he finally found her, he switched on the lights and rushed to her to hug her.

 

“Nappeun namja!” she hit his chest.

“Oppa, neo Jinjja Nappeun namja!” she continued on and on.

 

He could not understand why he was a bad guy. SooAh had never called him that before. He was confused.

__________

 

JunHyung released her from the hug after she really calmed down. SooAh did not even look at him after that. She was looking down all the way. JunHyung wished he could do something but he could not think of anything. He knew she was having a heart pain but he did not know the cause of her heart pain.

 

SooAh had never once share with him the difficulty she faced after being an idol. She only told him the family problems she had before debut. However, those problems were solve after she debut and made a deal with her parents. JunHyung hardly heard her complaint about her schedule too.  

__________

 

“Should we make a surprise party for her?” the leader of BtoB, EunKwang, suggested. They were having a leaders’ meeting in the building’s café.

“Our dear maknae hates surprises,” MinAh informed them.

“Should we go for a day family trip then?” DooJoon, leader of B2ST, asked.

“Family vacation? That sounds great. Our maknae loves to take photographs of sceneries and she could draw too. At least she could do something to distress herself,” MinAh agreed.

“Okay, let’s tell Papa Hong about this,” 4Minutes’s leader, JiHyun, stood up and prepared to go out of the café.

“Where are you going?” DooJoon asked.

“Where else? I’m going to Papa Hong’s office. Hello, we can’t delay this anymore. I’m afraid that SooAh will not turn into her normal self again,” everyone stood up after JiHyun said that.

“Let’s make a slogan first,” EunKwang suggested.

“What?” the rest asked.

“Anything for our Smiling Angel Shin SooAh!” he shouted the slogan. The other leaders shook their heads and left him alone.

“Ya! Wait for me!” he chased after them.

 

Each and every one of the Cube family was worried about SooAh’s condition. It had been weeks and she had not improved at all. She was getting worse instead. Due to this, Shin2 debut was delay.

 

The leaders met CEO Hong and he agreed on the one day family trip. The whole Cube Entertainment idols would go to Jeju-do for their Cube family trip.

__________

 

“Lee ChaeRin, Shin SooAh, I’m home!” MinAh announced.

 

ChaeRin was in the living room surfing the internet. SooAh was nowhere to be found. She was at her favourite spot, the rooftop. She was practicing the rap for Shin2 debut song.

 

“It’s good to see you practicing again,” MinAh joined the lonely SooAh at the rooftop.

“Maknae, we will be going to Jeju-do,” she informed the back-to-quiet maknae.

 

SooAh nodded and went back to their dorm leaving the leader alone at the rooftop. The leader sighed and she too went back to their dorm as it was really cold at the rooftop. Sometimes SooAh’s unniedeul wondered how their maknae could stay at the rooftop for so long when it was always cold at night.

__________

 

She began to pack her clothes and arranged it in her haversack. She packed her camera and a few sketchbooks and stationeries too.

 

“Maknae, do you need any help?” ChaeRin offered her help. SooAh shook her head and continued packing. While SooAh was packing, ChaeRin noticed something came out from SooAh’s diary and it fell on the floor. She picked the paper-like thing and noticed it was a picture with a note written behind. It was a picture of B2ST’s rapper, Yong JunHyung.

 

“Oppa, you’re forever mine! ♥” was written…