First Day of Rehearsal

Kai, I'm Not A Gay!!!

CHAPTER 3

 

28/11/12

AT THE THETER

 

The director came into view then, stopping at the playwright’s chair. Onew had grown fond of the odd-looking man. He liked the way he had asked everyone to call him- TOP the director. Onew looked around him now at the other actors in the play. Next to him was D.O. on the other side of him was Chanyeol, a good-looking actor. Across the table was Baekyeol, a charming star. Beside him was a cute, blonde hair girl, CL. Also in the cast were two stage actors from New York: Sehun and Luhan. They were huddled together, whispering and laughing like old chums. Onew didn’t have time to observe them longer, as the voice of the stage manager brought the actors’ break to an end.

 

“All right, everybody,” called Mintzy [Minzy], so called because of her love of chocolate-covered mints, “your 5 minutes are up.”  

 

Everyone laughed, since 5 minutes break they had been given was in fact closer to half an hour. Then, Top the director took his place at the table, picking up his script of ‘The House Cards’ and clearing his throat.

 

“Thank you Minzy,” he said. “Now everyone, you listen to the stage manager when she talks. She’s the boss around here. Think of her as your mother!”

 

             Mintzy let out a whoop. “I’m only 18!!!!!!!!” she cried.

 

“Owh, but how come you look older than your age? Never mind, think her as your sister….. I mean your older sister.”

 

Again, the company laughed.

 

“Wow!” he said. “Shall we begin?  Luhan, you have the first line. Remember everyone, that today we are simply reading the play. No one is to act, understand? Just say the words. There will be time for acting soon enough. Mintzy……ops sorry, Minzy, the stage directions please.”

 

 

DURING LUNCH

 

“How did it go?” Key asked when he saw Onew entered the scenery shop late that afternoon. He had to speak loudly to be heard over the din made by the apprentices.

 

“I’m pooped,” Onew said. Spotting JH, he waved. “We did a lot in a day. I looked you guys at lunchtime. Where were you?”

 

“We went with Mr. Taemin to the lumberyard.” said JH.

 

“Who’s Mr. Taemin?”

 

“Key pointed to a pleasant looking man who was sawing wood. “He’s the TD,” he said.

 

“TD?”

 

“Technical Director. He tells us what to do.” Key replied.

 

“You don’t see to be working that hard!”

 

“How can you said like that!!!! Look at my hands,” JH cried, holding up his palms. “What do you see?”

 

“Hrrmmmm…. You’ll marry a lady with a moustache,” said Onew. Owh ya! With an adorable ,”

 

“Hahahahahahaha!!!! You’re right my friend!” Key interrupted. “Curved up looks hot,
but about the cut or uncut I think cut looks neater, I don’t like foreskin that covers the head even when the is erect.”

 

They burst into laughter.

 

“Dirty Minded! Look, I’ve blisters.

 

“'Cause I don't care eh eh eh eh eh……….I don't care eh eh eh eh eh………..boy I don't care.” Key looking away while singing I Don’t Care from 2ne1.

 

 

“Guys, listen. Do you want a ride home? D.O’s leaving in a few minutes. I told him I’d get Kai. Where is he anyway?” said Onew.

 

“There,” JH said, pointing to a corner of the room where Kai sat grappling with a hammer. “He was getting in everybody’s way, so Mr. Taemin told him to take the nails out of all those pieces of wood.”

 

“He’s been at it for four hours,” JH said. “But he is such a cute boy, if he is ‘she’, I’ll definitely marry him…opsss…..her. I’m falling for him. He is so fantastic……..so elastic”

 

“Arrrgggghhhhh, stop it, Jonghyun!!!!!!” Onew said.

 

“Hey, my mom is here. I’m supposed to go shopping with her. See you soon!” Key said rushing towards his mother’s car.

 

After Key left, Onew said “Oh yeah, I forgot. Well, I’d better get the kid and head for D.O’s dressing room. I’m meeting him there.”

 

“Can I go with you? I’ve this package I’m supposed to deliver to him.”

 

“What package?”

 

JH shrugged. “How should I know?”

 

“Who’s it from?”

 

“I don’t know that either. I found it.” JH said.

 

 

                                                                                        To be continued.....