Onew the Monkey

Kai, I'm Not A Gay!!!

CHAPTER 2

 

27/11/12

NEXT MORNING

 

Onew pedaled his bike as fast as he could to Key’s house. He often joined his best friend’s family for breakfast and usually Jonghyun [JH] was there too.

 

“So,” said Key’s father, as Onew came up the back porch stairs, “a star is born!”

 

Pushing the screen door open, Onew entered the kitchen. He smiled at Key who was breaking several eggs into the frying pan. Hah! JH was here too.

 

“Are you excited?” JH asked Onew. He nodded.

 

“Nervous too,” he replied. “I’ve never been in a play before. Except when I was a monkey in elementary school.”

 

“So, you’ve gone from playing a monkey to paying D.O’s cousin.” said Key. The contents of the frying pan sizzled and popped.

 

Onew laughed. “I know!!!!”

 

After breakfast, Onew and both his friends had to do the dishes.

 

“Guys, you got to know Kai soon!” said Onew while washing the plates.

 

“Who’s Kai?” both of them asked.

 

“D.O’s brother. He’s going to be hanging out with you guys.”

 

“You mean the apprentices?”

 

“Yeah, his brother thought it would keep Kai happy. I think it’s just going to make everybody else miserable.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong with him?” Key asked.

 

“Hmmmm…… nothing serious. He’s younger than us.”

 

“Don’t worry, leave him to us!” Key said and gave Onew a friendly smile.

 

“Are you all apprenticing?” Onew asked his friends.

 

“Yes captain! We are really excited about it,” said JH.

 

“Listen, do you guys want a ride to the theater? My mom’s will drive.” Key asked.

 

“Onew and I are riding our bikes,” said JH.

 

“Actually,” Onew said, not looking directly at his friends. “I’m going with D.O”

 

“D.O Kyungsoo! Seriously?” JH asked.

 

Onew wasn’t sure why he felt a little sheepish, but he did. “He asked me to go with him last night, and I said yes.”

 

“You’re riding with a movie star!”

 

“He’s not like a movie star, he’s like……….. a real person…….” said Onew.

 

“I can’t wait to meet him,” Key said. “I almost wish I were in the play. But, I know myself. I don’t have to go out there onstage and make fool of myself. Ok Onew, I’ve nothing to say just wishing you good luck”

 

“Thanks.”