Audition

Star*Dom: Dream of Idols

"Number 150, Amanda Sung." Amanda took a deep breath as she walked on stage. The stage lights shone a luminescent white light, blocking her view of the judges sitting below. "Hello...I will be doing a dance and then a song." Amanda announced nervously. She heard the click of a pen in the auditorium. "That's fine. You may begin when you are ready." One of the judges said. Amanda took another breath and closed her eyes. She tried to keep herself calm and focused as she waited for the music to start. One step...two steps... she paced herself through the beginning instrumental sounds of the song. "What music will we listen to...hey!" She went through the moves to talantallegra in a fluent manner, making sure to remember when to tighten and loosen her muscles during certain parts. (click the link below for an example. all rights reserved to youtube and kaotsun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-K8Hr7ZY84&feature=player_detailpage

When her dance ended, Amanda took a bow and waited for the next song to start. Okay...don't get nervous. Just breath and...Amanda relaxed as she heard the piano music to Ailee's heaven begin to play. "You're my only one way..." she tried to keep her voice steady and relaxed as if the judges weren't even in the room. When she finished, she bowed one last time and exited the stage.

"Good Job!" Hyerin squealed as she ran to hug Amanda. Soo won trailed behind her, as if he was suddenly too shy to get close. Amanda forced a nervous smile. "Thanks...I should get going now." she said, carefully unwrapping Hyerin's arms from around her torso. Hyerin pouted in dissapointment. "Why?" she asked. "I have to get home and help my Ahjumma with her store." Amanda answered, shrugging her shoulders. "Well, can at least have your number?" Hyerin asked, pulling out her samsung galaxy note 2 with a strawberry pink case. Amanda smiled "Yeah, sure." Soo won built up his courage and stepped forward. "Um...can I have you number too?" he asked. Amanda looked at him shyly. "S-sure, I-I don't mind..." she said scribbling her number on his note screen. He gave a charismatic smile and winked. "Thanks." he said smoothly. Back to normal I see...Amanda thought to herself. Once they said their goodbyes, she dashed out of the school and into the parking lot. She fumbled with her keys to her red Yamaha Fiore for a moment, then quickly strapped on her helmet and drove into the street.

 

"Ajhumma! I'm here!" Amanda yelled as she entered the kitchen of the cafe below their house. Ajhumma was perparing the batter for the day's freshly made macaroons, with strawberry buttercream filling and light pink food coloring to make them catch the eye of female customers.

MG23ab19.jpg

(This is Narsha, if you were wondering)

"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?! I may be your mother's younger sister, and that may make me your aunt, but I am NOT an AHJUMMA!!! And the fact that I just turned 30 last month doesn't make me one either!" she yelled, waving the pipette around and almost squeezing the pink stuff out at Amanda. "Araso! I'm sorry Unnim. Is that better?" she asked, putting her helmet between her face and the pipette that was ready to be used as a weapon. Unnim smiled, "Yes, much better. Gomawo, now get changed! Customers will be here for the end of the work day and school any minute!" Amanda nodded ans ran upstairs to change. Her uniform was classy, but also casual. A white buttondown shirt that was long in the back to cover her , slim black pants and shoes with a small heel, a black bowtie (Which she wish she didn't have to wear) and her hair was tied in a half, updo with wavy curls and her bangs framing her face. She walked downstairs carefully, so her heels wound't get caught on a step and make her trip. She grabbed her waitress apron from the kitchen and walked swiftly to the front door to flip the closed sign to open. She stopped short to see a group of highschool freshmen girls standing at the door with anticipation. Amanda unlocked the door and let them in "Welcome to Cafe Amor" she said. the girls nodded hello and scurried to a table while Amanda flipped the sign over. "Waitress, we're ready to order!" one of them shouted. Amanda walked over and took her notepad and pen from the front pocket of her apron. "What can I get you?" she asked cheerfully. "I'll have a strawberry parfait." One girl said. "I want three pink macaroons." sid another. The last one was still trying to decide. She folded her menu and handed it to Amanda. "I'll have a slice of chocolate cake and some english black tea with milk." she said quietly, as if she didn't want her friends to hear. "Yah...didn't you say you were going to start eating less? You kinda need to.." the girl's cheeks turned a flushed pink as she look down at the empty table. Amanda admitted that the girl looked a little chubby, but not so much that she had to go on a diet. "Um...if you want...we do have fat free chocolate cake...and it tastes exactly the same." Amanda suggested. The girl brightened up. "Really? I'll have that then." she said. Amanda nodded and headed into the kitchen. "What was that about?" Unnim asked, brewing the girl's tea. Amanda sighed as she looked for the serving tray in the cupboard. "Just regular highschool girl talk." she said. Unnim took out the chocolate cake and began cutting a thin slice. "Speaking of highschool...did you get in?" she asked hopefully. Amanda shrugged. I won't know until later today. She looked at her reflection in the silver tray. Her skin was a light mocha color, and her eyes resembled that of her korean mother. "What I don't get accepted because I'm..." she didn,t need to finish her sentence. Unnim walked over and placed a loving hand on Amanda's shoulder. "Their job is to judge you by your talent, not your looks." she said assuredly. "And I know how talented you are, so their's no way they rejected you." Amanda gave a little smile. "Thanks, I sure hope you're right."


Whew! It took me FOREVER to write this chapter. I hope the other ones come more naturally. Someone's coming to the cafe in the next chapter...who could it be? keep reading to find out!