D-day

Star*Dom: Dream of Idols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIRW_elc-rY&feature=player_detailpage

Amanda stood in the crowd of anxious teenagers who were waiting to be called for their audition. This was her first time auditioning for anything...let alone a school. Yubin School for the Arts was one of the top music schools in Seoul, and if she couldn't get in she didn't know what she would do. She tried to calm herself by losing herself in the music coming from her soul beats headphones. She was focusing on the lyrics to 2ne1's 'lollipop' when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned her head to see a girl about her age, with long curly hair and slightly chubby cheeks that glowed a soft pink.

"Hello, my name is Na Hyerin. It is very nice to meet you." the girl said in choppy english. Amanda blinked a few times. The girl thought that she didn't speak korean because of her foreign appearance. She would have told her off if the girl didn't look so nice.

"Annyeong Haseyo Hyerin, Amanda imida." Amanda said politely. "I speak fluent korean so..." Amanda said shyly, trying not to make the girl feel bad. Hyerin's cheeks changed from pale  pink to rosey red as she smiled in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know." Hyerin said, bowing repeatedly to show how sorry she was. Amanda smiled to reasure her. "It's okay, I'm used to it." she tried to think of something that would change the subject. She looked at the call number on Hyerin's blouse. "So...you're number 108? thats lucky. I'm number 150."

Hyerin smiled. "Yeah, I guess ...but I'm so nervous! I've barely been able to practice my song all week!" she said. "Yeah yeah, same here! I'm especially nervous because I'm performing a dance before I sing, and I'm worried that my dance will make me short of breath so I won't be able to sing as well." Hyerin played with a lock of her hair. "What if you sing first?" she asked. "Then they might dismiss me and think that was all I had planned."

Amanda shrugged and put her hands in the pockets of her Bigbang college jacket. "I guess I'll have to deal with it." Hyerin smiled. "That's the spirit! I'll cheer you on from the screen!" she exclaimed, holding up her hand for a hi five. Amanda hi fived back. "Thanks-wait, screen?" she asked. Hyerin pointed to a big flat screen tv above them that showed someone auditioning by performing a piece from swan lake. "Oh...that screen." Amanda said, now even more nervous than before. "Aw man, we have to be watched by everyone else during our audition? That ."

The girls turned around to see a boy with messy black hair and an acoustic guitar strapped to his back. He felt their eyes on him and returned their glance. "What?" he said in a defensive tone. The girls shook their heads in response. The boy's eyes glanced at Hyerin, and then fell on Amanda. They stayed there for a while, studying her face until she got uncomfortable. "What...is there something on my face? Haven't you ever seen a foreigner before?" she asked annoyed. The boy's eyes widened. "Oh...sorry. I didn't mean it like that. It's just...you're so-" "Different?" Amanda asked.

The boy shook his head. "No, more like...unique." a smile spread across his lips. "I like it." he said. Amanda's expression froze. No boy had ever said anything like that to her. Hyerin tapped on her shoulder and whispered in her ear. "Amanda, is this guy okay? He's kind of a creeper..." The boy's smile faded as his gaze shifted to Hyerin. "The creeper has a name, It's Kim Soo Won-" he said as his expression changed to confusion. Hyerin held onto Amanda's shoulder, attempting to hide behind her back. "What?!" she asked in a worried voice. Soo Won leaned closer to Amanda's shoulder and studied Hyerin's face. "Why are your cheeks so pink and chubby? Did you eat instant ramen late at night before going to sleep or something? I almost can't tell which end of you i'm looking at."

Hyerin's cheeks flashed red with anger. "YAH! How can you be so rude to a girl you don't even know?!" Soo Won straightened up. "What's your name?" Hyerin puffed up her chest. "Na Hyerin!" Soo Won looked up as if her were thinking. "Na Hyerin? Na Hyerin..." he said, moving his head from side to side, repeatedly listing to the sound of her name. "Hmm, I'll just call you Chub Chub. It sounds cuter." he said with a smirk. Hyerin was really about to lose it. "You will do no such thing!" Soo Won let out a little laugh. "And what is your name?" he asked, looking at Amanda. "Amanda..." she said quietly. "Amanda..." Soo Won took the guitar off his back and strummed light chord. "Amandaaa...." he sang. He looked at her and smiled. "Your name goes beautifully with music. I like it even more now." he said. Amanda felt her cheeks become warm.

"Number 107! Kim Soo Won!" someone called over the loud speaker. Soo Won strapped his guitar back over his shoulder. "That's me, be sure to cheer me on from the screen!" he said walking toward the audition stage. He turned around and yelled, "Bye Amanda! See ha later Chub Chub!" Hyerin ran in his direction and shouted at him, "YAH! That is not my name!" Soo Won laughed and ran in the direction of the stage. Hyerin walked back to Amanda muttering under her breath. "Jerk." she said. "Uh huh..." Amanda said, waiting for Soo Won to appear on the screen.

 

Soo Won walked on stage and faced the judges. "Kim Soo Won, performing PSY's Gangnam Style, acoustic version. You may begin." one of them said. Soo Won bowed and unstrapped his guitar. He took his lucky pick out of his pant's pocket and got into his focused stance. He played the beginnig chords of the song, nodding his head to the rhythm "Naje-neun neomankum ttasaroun inkanjeo-gin yeoja" Soo Won sang in a smooth, carasmatic voice. His face was calm and cool as he sang the song with ease, well aware that some of the girls in the hall were screaming and swooning over his performance.

When he was done, he bowed and exited the stage. Once he stepped foot in the hall way, a wall off females rushed towards him. He ignored their varoius compliments and searched the crowd for Amanda and Chub Chub. Once he spotted them, he pushed his way through the crowd and swung his guitar dramatically into his hands. "You may now bow in my presence and scream with delight, for I, Kim Soo Won am-" he strummed a few notes, his finger, and touched the last string needed for effect, making a sizzling noise with his mouth. "Smokin' Hot." he said with a confident smile. Hyerin laughed in disbelief. "If you're hot and smoking, it's because your performance was so bad that it blew up in your face." Soo Won's smile faded. "Yah...do you really have to be so harsh Chub Chub? I worked really hard on that.." Hyerin stamped her foot. "I'll stop being harsh when you stop calling me Chub Chub!" "Number 108, Na Hyerin." Hyerin puffed up her chest as she walked past Soo Won. "Good luck!" Amanda shouted, giving Hyerin a 'fighting' fist. Soo Won lightened up at Amanda's enthusiasm. "Break a leg Chub Chub!" he shouted. Hyerin stuck her tongue out at him and kept walking.

Hyerin calmly walked on stage and faced the judges. "Na Hyerin, performing 'Love You I Do'. You may begin." Hyerin nodded,

took a deep breath, and began to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcjv7NV5TXg&feature=player_detailpage

Back in the audition hallway, Soo Won and Amanda stared at her on the screen with impressed looks on their faces. "Wow, Hyerin's voice is pretty..." Amanda exclaimed, holding her hands to her chest in awe. Soo Won only nodded in agreement, as if he wanted to say something. "So...do you have a boyfriend?" he asked. Amanda nearly jumped in surprise. "H-huh?" she asked. Soo Won shifted his feet slightly. "Just wondering..." he said as if it were a natural thing to ask. Amanda focused on Hyerin's singing as she hesitated.

"N-no...I don't-ah!" she jumped as Soo Won swiftly blocked her view of the screen, flashing a charming smile. "In that case, are you doing anything later?" he asked earnestly. "I have to help my ahjumma with her buisness so..." Amanda answered shyly. Soo Won's smile faded, but only a little bit. "That's ok, we can hang out after the first day of school!" he said confidently. Amanda looked at him, puzzled. "How do you know we are going to get in?" she asked. Soo Won made a dramatic fist. "I can FEEL it! In here-" he pointed to his gut, "AND in here." he said, pointing to his heart.

Amanda couldn't help but giggle at his dramatic pose. He looked as if he were about to recite shakespear. Soo Won smiled. "Did I say something funny? Or do you just like me that much?" he asked, raising one eyebrow suspiciously. Amanda hit him soflty on the shoulder "You're just funny, that's all." she said. Soo Won's face brightened. "That's all I needed to hear." Hyerin snuck up behind him and clenched his sides, causing Soo Won to let out a frightened yelp. "What the hecK?!" he asked. Hyerin giggled. "Omo, you should see your face right now!." she said happily. Soo Won muttered under his breath and Amanda congradulated Hyerin on her performance. "Good job! I'd hate to be the one that has to go right after you!" Hyerin's cheeks glowed pink with admiration. "Thanks, but I know you're going to do  great!" "Number 109, Shugo Takashi." Everyone turned to the screen to see a tall boy with jet black hair walk on stage. People began t whisper about whether or not he was from Japan, based on his name. "Shugo Takashi, perfroming winter sky you may begin." The boy took a deep breath as he waited for the music to reach his part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNOJw78wUm0&feature=player_detailpage

His voice was soft, yet it was powerful and full of emotion. Everyone in the audition hall grew silent at the sound of his singing. "Wah...Daebak." Hyerin exclaimed. For once, Soo Won didn't ruin the moment by making fun of her. "Yeah, no kidding. This guy is good." He turned to Amanda. "What do you think?" But she couldn't here him. She was lost in the beautiful sound of the boy's voice. She wondered is she could make the people in the audition hall feel a similar atmosphere when it was her turn to go on stage.