The Twentieth Letter

Letters to Chen

 

Dear Chen, 

 

 

After seeing your last letter, I was so happy that I re-read all of your letters. Now I want to update you on a few things!

 

Do you remember my dongsaeng, Dongho? I just learned that he now goes to a school in your city! Maybe you've seen each other around?

 

My classmates are still somewhat distant, but I don't mind them anymore. I have one strong supporter anyways (you), and school is ending in a few months!

 

On the topic of school, my literature project is actually done. All I had to do was to show my teacher three of your letters and he passed me. I guess the purpose of the project is really just to form unexpected yet lasting bonds.

 

...hey, we'll still exchange letters, RIGHT?! 

 

Finally, I have one last, random question for you: what course are you taking up?

 

 

Not medicine, I suspect? :D

Yoojin.

 

 

 

 


 

Dear Yoojin, 

 

 

1. Shin Dongho? Let me see...he was mentioned in our ninth letter to each other, I think. Hmm...I haven't heard of him, and I certainly can't tell him apart from among the crowd. How can I? I don't even know how he looks like. 

 

2. Now, while on the topic of looks (I'll be completely frank), can you please give me a picture of yourself? I mean, I know I was never talking to a piece of paper, but I still want to know how you look like. 

 

3. Your classmates aren't bullying you anymore? Good.

 

4. You passed your literature project all because of my excessive willingness to help out? Better.

 

5. We're still going to be penpals? Definitely. Without any doubt. 

 

6. Wait, I didn't mention my course yet? Oh yeah! The eight letter didn't say anything about it, right? But I do remember mentioning how tiresome medicine was in the letter before that. Alright, I trust you well enough now to reveal that...

 

I'm taking up dance. 

 

Alright, maybe not. I mean, engineering seems to fit me a bit more, doesn't it? Haha, I just know that I'm ready to shift when I find the right course. 

 

 

Anyways, remember to send me your picture!

Chen.