06

I'm Stupid

 

“Yah! Cake for lunch? Jinjja?” IU said raising a brow at him.

 

“Once wouldn’t hurt.” Minho beamed as they sat at a table.

 

The waiter went to their table and took their orders, trying to smile charmingly at IU.

 

“What would you like to order?” the waiter said.

 

Minho seemed to notice this and thought of a plan to chase him away.

 

“Yes, what would you like to order, jagiya?” he emphasized the word for the waiter to hear.

 

IU raised a brow at him, blushing uncontrollably at the word. The waiter stiffened but kept a smile on his face.

 

“Uhm. I’ll just take a coffee shake please, uhmm—Woohyun-sshi?” She said reading his name plate.

 

The waiter smiled and wrote it down.

 

“I’ll take one chocolate cake. Woohyun-sshi.” Minho said, also reading his name plate.

 

Woohyun nodded as he went to get their orders.

 

“Hey, what was that for?” IU asked.

 

“Nothing. Just messing around.” Minho shrugged.

 

 

 

“Oh, Suzy-sshi! What are you doing here?” Woohyun said.

 

IU’s head turned to their direction as soon as she heard the name.

 

“Hey there, well I’m ordering, duh?” Suzy smiled at him.

 

“Sure, sure. What do you want? I’ll wrap it up for you.” He chuckled.

 

“Just two strawberry shortcakes and 2 coffee shakes.” She said.

 

“Sure, coming right up. And oh, say hello to your boyfriend for me!” Woohyun said disappearing at the counter.

 

“Yah! Myungsoo isn’t my boyfriend!” she replied back chuckling.

 

 

IU bit her nails, clearly panicking. This is so not happening.

 

“Uhm, Minho-sshi. I forgot something really important, and I really need to get back right now. I’m really sorry.” IU bowed.

 

Minho smiled at her.

 

“Really? That’s too bad. Oh well, will I get to see you again?” Minho chuckled.

 

“Yes! I mean—yes.” IU said standing up; she tried hard not to get noticed as she walked behind Suzy. She then quickly dashed out to make it in time in the hospital.

 

Minho’s eyes followed IU out, only then did he notice Suzy. Fortunately, he didn’t notice IU’s strange behavior.

 

“Suzy?” he blurted out.

 

Suzy turned her head towards him.

 

“Minho?”

 

“What a coincidence, what are you doing here? I thought you had somewhere important to go?” he smiled.

 

“Oh, I-I just went to pick up something for my friend. It’s girls’ day out today, and it’s important! What about you? You’re eating alone?” she lied.

 

“Ah, shopping isn’t it? Haha. Girls. Well, I’m alone because my friend just left me.”

 

Suzy rolled her eyes. “Boys.” She giggled.

 

Suzy’s order came up.

 

“Thank you, come again Mrs. Kim.” Woohyun said.

 

“Y-yah! Shut up you greasy kid!” Suzy said sticking her tongue out at him.

 

“Well, I’m off Minho. Bye greasy Woohyun.” She said waving off.

 

Woohyun turned a look at Minho.

 

‘They know each other? Then maybe she also knows about the pretty girl earlier!’ he thought.

 

 

Suzy went to the hospital and saw a sleeping IU on her bed.

 

“Wake up IU~” she sang.

 

IU turned to face her side.

 

“Hey there.” She said. It was lucky that Suzy’s orders went late; she had the time to sprint it over to the hospital.

“Yo.” She replied.

 

“I guess you’re bored already. What do you say we went for a trip to the countryside?” Suzy smiled.

 

IU sat up straight.

 

“What?! Really?!”

 

Suzy nodded.

 

“Yeah, mom and dad wanted us to get some fresh air. I know you’re getting bored here alone in the hospital, right? What do you say?”

 

IU gulped, she felt a little guilty about sneaking out.

 

“Hehehehe. Sure, I would love that!”

 

“Then it’s settled then?” Suzy smiled as IU nodded.