Sweet

You Got Me (hiatus)

 

The two of you remained in silence for a few more moments; each one of you not knowing what to say.

Yes, you didn’t notice Eli there whilst you were with 2PM, but it wasn’t as if you did that on purpose. It was just bad timing, right?

 

Suddenly, your phone began to vibrate in your hand, followed by a melody all too familiar to the both of you. UKISS’s ‘Not Young’, a.k.a. your ringtone that broke the awkward silence only making it more awkward in the already awkward kitchen of the Cocoa Bean Café.

 

Eli held out his hand, asking for your phone. You had a slight feeling that if you gave it, he’d throw it against the wall or something. But you also felt that the problem was partially your fault, so you handed it to him anyway. Closing your eyes instantly after, you waited for some sort of smashing sound but rather, you heard him laughing.

 

“Yah-” He teased you, “I can’t believe out of all our songs, this is your ringtone”

 

You watched your boyfriends reaction; a giddy expression of his face and oh how glad you were to see it.

 

“It’s one of my favourites” You admitted bashfully.

 

Rising up from sitting on the sacks of coffee beans, Eli stepped closer to you and gave an apologetic face.

 

“I shouldn’t have reacted that way” He apologised, taking you in for a long embrace, “Forgive me?”

 

You hugged him back, holding on and burying your face into his shoulder. You felt bad since you were also at fault, Eli was so good to you; a reason why you love him so. You had to make it up to him somehow.

 

The both of you stood for what seemed like a good while until a person came through the kitchen doors, Dongho to be specific, carrying in an empty tray.

 

“Ah, look at these lovebirds” He commented, tossing the tray into the large industrial sink.

 

You lifted your head, being the first one to see who had entered the kitchen and faced the maknae, who started up conversation first.

 

Noona” He addressed you, a worried expression forming on his face, “You’ve got tears by your eyes…

 

Ever since you and Eli had started dating, Dongho had always called you Noona even though the two of you were only months apart. You assumed that he addressed you that way in respect to Eli.

 

You let go of your embrace of Eli who ended up behind you, holding you around your shoulders. You lightly touched below your eyes, tears clinging to the end of your fingertip. You weren’t sure how to explain the situation that had just passed so Dongho began to interrogate his hyung.

 

Ya! Hyung” He redirected his focus to Eli who appeared as if he didn’t want to let you go, “Did you make Noona cry? What kind of boyfriend are you?”

 

Eli laughed it off, though you could tell that part of him was offended.

 

“We just had a private moment” Eli replied, pulling you into the hold of his arm, “You wouldn’t understand”

 

---

 

After spending half an hour, preparing, organising and placing all the right ingredients, utensils and tools to make personalised chocolates, just like in the dramas and movies;you let out a tired sigh, making such a gift was so tiresome and it was only then that you realised.

 

You picked up your phone, hit the contacts button and scrolled before stopping at just the right name,

 

“Oppa?” You chirped when you heard that the call had been answered,

 

“_____~” He replied, singing your name, “What wish do you need me to grant?”

 

Anyone else would feel bad, asking for help but with the close and fond friendship that you had formed with Kevin; the two of you always had each other’s back.

 

“I’m making chocolates for Eli” You answered back, tapping the table with your finger,

 

Oooh!” Kevin squealed, excited by the thought of making sweets, “Count me in!”

 

Almost instantly, with a cheery knock on your apartment door, you opened it up, revealing darling Kevin with a basket in hand.

 

Uwah~” You gleemed, “What’s all of this?”

 

“We’re gonna make this even more special” He said, lifting the basket to eye level in a cutesy manner.

 

After all the melting, moulding, flavouring, and decorating;your kitchen bench top was completely covered in many trays of different shaped chocolates, from dark chocolate to white chocolate, some with almonds and peanuts, others with fruit and candy pieces. The two of you gave a contented smile and glance to one another followed by a high five of success.

 

Looking at all the sweets, you thought of your boyfriend, the person you were doing this all for, but after a second look, a sense of doubt filled your mind.

 

Kevin-oppa” You called Kevin, “I don’t think this is enough”

 

Earlier during the chocolate making process, you had told Kevin of the events that had occurred the other night, the reason why you were doing all of this.

 

“Well personally, I think this is more than enough” Kevin replied, the leftover chocolate with his finger from one of the bowls, “What did you have in mind?”

 

Placing the sweets in the fridge, you begun to think of other ways of making it up to Eli and as soon as you shut the fridge door, the perfect idea came to mind. 

 

“How about a song?” You suggested, tilting your head as you looked to him,

 

Woah, you’re not going to write one for him, are you?” Kevin was taken aback, “I mean, Eli’s your boyfriend and he’s like one of my best friends, but, your songs are treasures. Maybe this isn’t the right time”

 

“Hmmm” You agreed. Of course you had many bits and pieces of originals songs in your music notebooks, but you didn’t feel as if it was the right time just yet. “I guess I could dedicate a song and sing it to him”

 

Kevin warmly walked up to you, reaching out for a friendly hug,

 

“You’re such a lovely girlfriend” He complimented you, before letting go and putting on his ‘game face’. “I’m calling up for backup!

 

“Backup?” You questioned, amazed at Kevin’s typing speed as he speeded off on his phone, clearly sending out an S.O.S to the UKISS boys.