Because Of You

You Got Me (hiatus)

A/N: this is the last chapter concerning the flashback. The flashback sets you up for the rest of the story, I just needed to let y'all know how you and your boyfriend Eli met along with UKISS. Enjoy!


 

“I’d better see you tomorrow”

 

Eli reached for your hand from across the table where the two of you had retired to after your ‘caramel chase’ game; where neither one of you were declared winner. His hand was only centimetres away from touching yours, but you withdrew your hand and placed it under the table with your other one. You gave Eli a gentle smile and gazed into his eyes.

 

You weren’t sure of what to say. Even if he was part of kpopband that you were way aware of, he was still a stranger. Just because you knew a couple of facts about him from reading them on the internet and hearing it from Xander, in the end; you weren’t going to let him win you that easily. He waited quietly for a reply with a cheeky smile on his face that he couldn’t help but show.

 

Ya! I’d better see you in the kitchen!” Soohyun directed to Eli from the swinging doors that lead to the kitchen where everyone else was, waving frying pan in the other hand then returning behind the doors.

 

Earlier, whilst conversing with Eli for a good hour, you had found out the U-KISS was at the Cocoa Bean to shoot a promotion for volunteer workers, so that more money would be donated to the charities. The rest of the boys were brushing up on their cooking skills that afternoon in preparation for the recording the next day; Eli’s excuse for staying with you was that he was already too good of a cook that he didn’t need to practice.

 

You giggled lightly then sighed, gazing from the table to his face once more, prompting him to nag you again.

 

“So am I going to see you?”

__

 

The next day, you lay in your bed. Morning had already come as you let the early breeze fill your bedroom. You adjusted your pillow under your head and stared at your ceiling. A single napkin was stuck to the roof. It was the one from the day before; the one that Eli had used when attempting to wipe the caramel from your face the first time. Before you left that day (yesterday), he placed it in your hand; he said it was something to remember him from in case you wouldn’t turn up for the promotion recording.

You rolled your eyes and stuffed your face in another pillow by your side and let your fan girl screams come out before returning to reality as you threw the pillow to the ground below sand stared at the napkin again.

 

“Did you really think I wouldn’t come again today?” You spoke to the napkin from your bed, no matter how weird it was. You stared even harder in a mischievous manner, “Plus, I’m not even coming for you. I’m coming to volunteer, I’m a singer to you know!

-

 

Sooner than later, you arrived at the front door of the Cocoa Bean. You checked your reflection in the window. Your outfit was simple yet intriguing. You wore simple dark skinny jeans, a plain V-neck white shirt and a grey cardigan, black boots that were half way to your knee and your hair was naturally waved and put to the side. You didn’t want it to seem that you were trying though deep inside you wanted to.

 

You tightened your grip on your guitar slung on your back. Tousled your hair for one last time and opened the door with your favourite ring of the bell following. You expected UKISS to be already inside, preparing for the promotion. Kevin dusting his face with the final touches of makeup, Dongo being chased away from the food display by Xander,Soohyun practicing last minute songs that he could randomly sing during the recording, Kiseop taking selcas with all the desserts he could find, Hoon playing with his fringe to make sure that every strand was perfectly in place and Eli sitting by the table where the two of you met the other day, possibly waiting for you.

 

But the Cocoa Bean was empty; only Xander was there, cleaning the coffee machine.

 

“You’re performing today?” Xander asked from behind the counter, gesturing to your guitar.

 

You placed your guitar by the counter, leaning so it could stand as your grabbed a bar stool and sat by the counter.

 

“Well yeah” You replied, “I was thinking I could help out with the promotion…”

 

Xander pretended to fan girl as he grabbed your hand,

 

Ya… Are you sure you’re here to help… or?” He raised his eyebrows at you as you took your hand away and tried to cover your blushing cheeks.

 

Shhh…”

 

You whispered with a sly face before laughing it off and picking up your guitar and heading in the direction of the mini stage which was simply wooden platform at the back with a single warm spotlight above.

 

Ten minutes later you had finished setting up your guitar, amps and microphone. You were all set for a quick practice. Strapping your guitar on, you also sat comfortably on the tall bar stool on the stage, positioned rightfully under the spotlight, and microphone in stand in front of you. The Cocoa Bean had no customers, so Xander took the liberty of cheering for you on his own as he wave a lighter as if it were a rock concert.

 

You began to pick the strings on the guitar, a sweet melody flowing through the café that soon sung in tune with the bell that rung as the door swung open.

 

Annyeonghaseyo!” U-KISS’s voices chorused throughout the café, almost over powering the guitar as you began to play softly.

 

“U-wahWho’s this on the stage?” Soohyun, immediately curious, dropped the bags of groceries he and the boys had bought by the front door and headed towards one of the tables by the stage, dragging along Kiseop and Hoon who were justas curious but not as obvious about it.

 

Dongho, being somewhat responsible gathered the dropped bags and took them to the counter to Xander as Kevin and Eli made their way to another table in front of the stage.

 

You instantly rose from the stool, greeted them and bowed; not sure if they could recall who you were.

 

“So you came after all” Eli smirked from where he sat, his simple glance enough for you to be nervous for the very first time on stage at the Cocoa Bean. You nodded politely in return and lifted the guitar from hanging on your shoulders.

 

“Please continue~” Kevin encouraged you ever so sweetly, “Don’t mind us”

 

“Sing for us! Sing for us!” Kiseop began to chant, with the rest of the boys seated at the table soon joined in,

 

“Oh, I couldn’t” You said politely, bowing your head lightly.

 

They continued to chant and cheer, even banging the tables in beat with it. You were embarrassed with all the sudden attention- in a good way; you never thought that there’d ever be a time where U-KISS would be at the Cocoa Bean, let alone cheering you on.

 

“Enough” Dongho approached the tables, calling them to stop. For some reason, whenever there was the slightest commotion, you always noticed Dongho, the maknae, become almost like the hyung; you were impressed. “Don’t force people to do things that they don’t”

 

Your eyes widened, it’s not that you were forced nor that you didn’t want to perform…

 

“Ah… ani-” You began to explain, “I just haven’t warmed up yet and I don’t exactly have anything ready to perform”

 

Dongho gave you a look, as if he were trying to tell you that he was trying to assist you, but you were doing otherwise. But after taking a deep breath, he lightened up and raised his voice again,

 

Ya, we’ve got to be respectful to Noona, alright?” He pretended to act like their manager as he waved a finger in an authoritative manner before grabbing a seat on Eli and Kevin’s table.

 

Dongho, she’s only your noona” Eli teased, poking his tongue at the maknae then redirecting his attention to you with his handsome eyes.

 

Throwing a towel over his shoulder, Xander approached you and the band, with a great suggestion in mind.

 

“How about you boys do a quick performance to break the ice then _____ ___ will perform afterwards?” He proposed, with his hands on his hips.

 

“____!” Soohyun called your name, rising from his seat, “What’s your favourite drama? I’ll sing the love theme for you!”

 

Soohyun’s eagerness instantly put a smile on your face; he was so cheery that it was almost infectious.

 

“Eh not now hyung!” Hoon burst the bubble of Soohyun’s excitement, “Let’s not make it awkward”

 

“Ah!” another idea popped into the head of Kevin this time, “How about Eli and I perform the song we were practicing last night? I think we’ve nailed it. Come one!”

 

Kevin raced towards the stage in a graceful manner as Eli followed behind acting cool with his hands in his pockets. You handed Kevin the main microphone and the extra one to Eli who held onto your hand for a moment as you passed it to him.

 

“Fighting~” You said softly, before making your way to the table they had left Dongho at.

 

Hoon, Kiseop and Soohyun began cheering again whilst Dongho sat on your right silently, possibly in his own worldand Xander on your left, waving the tea towel around like a crazy fan girl. Even though you had only been hanging out with UKISS for just that bit, they felt like friends you had known for a while. You began to join in the cheers as Kevin introduced their performance.

 

“Today we’ll be singing ‘Because of You’ by Ne-Yo” Kevin spoke so sweetly, you loved that about him. “And I’d like to dedicate this to-”

Ya!” Eli cut him off, “WE would like to dedicate this to…”

 

A part of you was so sure that Eli would say your name, but for all you knew, they could be dedicating it to Xander. You tried not to get your hopes up but-

 

“_________” Eli said your name in a way your ears had never heard before.

You thought you had melted in your chair as you snapped out of your thoughts as Kevin begun to sing the intro consisting of ‘oooh’s, then Eli began to rap-sing the verses, the whole time, staring at you. At that moment, it was as if only you and Eli in the café, that no one existed to the both of you; that all that mattered was each other, even if you had only met one another just a day ago; it truly felt like it was meant to be.

 

‘I’m taken by the thought of it, and I know this much is true

Baby, you, have become my addiction, I’m so strung out on you, I can barely move, but I like it,

And it’s all because of you’

 

 

Hey there lovelies! I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter.

This is the end of the flashback and the next chapter onwards will be the progression of the story. The flashbacks are simplyback stories for the actual story (if that makes sense hahaha).

I’m thinking of doing a bonus chapter later on that will have to do with a poll that I will post up!

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe and comment!!!

 

<3 CNLOVELY