The Cocoa Bar

You Got Me (hiatus)

 

Main Characters:

You: The girlfriend of UKISS’s very own Eli. You’re a flexible person and usually live life according to what happens and you’re willing to sacrifice a few things for your relationship with your boyfriend Eli. You’re a musician; you play guitar and the piano and you also sing.

UKISS:

-
Eli: Your boyfriend of just over a year. Your relationship is pretty much set in stone, but that doesn’t leave you invincible from problems.
-
Dongho: The maknae of UKISS; usually overlooked as ‘the kid’, but that doesn’t stop him from what his mind is set on. You admire that about him.
-
Kevin: The ‘angel’ of UKISS, though it appears that he likes to cause commotion; he also solves them too. You relate to him in a close platonic way.
-
Soohyun: Leader of UKISS; he’s the most like a hyung to you and he treats you like a younger sister; always looking out for you.
-
Kiseop: The awkward but not awkward member to you of UKISS. Thought quiet at times; he is joyful and that emotion spreads to you whenever you catch him taking a selca.
-
Xander: Ex-member of UKISS, but close to you as you are friends before you knew the rest of UKISS. You are comfortable around him.
-
Kibum: Ex-member of UKISS, hot-headed and makes rash decisions but he wouldn’t fight without a reason.
-
Hoon: The member of UKISS you aren’t so familiar with but are curious to get to know.
-
AJ: Member of UKISS studying in the U.S that returns, possibly bringing along more than just gifts for the group

 

You lay in your bed in your apartment. It wasn’t as if your pillow wasn’t comfortable or the city night air flowing through your window bothered you; but you couldn’t fall asleep. Even still now, you had butterflies still fluttering in your stomach, it wasn’t a feeling that annoyed you; you love it. The feeling where you’re in your own happy little world where everything fit in place; you wondered if you deserved it.

 

You looked up to the ceiling and gazed at the random napkins stuck onto it. They weren’t any old napkins, from any old place. Each and every one of the dozen had handwriting marks; all from different occasions. You could call each and every moment with your boyfrien, Eli, by simply looking at them and at that very moment as you lay in your bed, snug in your quilt, you could remember something so important to you, second by second; The 'Chase'


[Flashback!]

The Cocoa Bar was your first second-home, ever since the first time you performed there many months ago. The small,humble, warm and chocolate brown café became your favourite place to go ever since then; you were the local star; always singing a few songs every few weekends that you had even gained a fan group, named the ‘Cocoa-ettes’, named after the café of course. You weren’t KPOP idol famous, but that didn’t bother you; you liked performing as true to yourself; not that Kpop stars didn’t; you couldn’t pass judgement.

 

You made your way down the somewhat bustling street in the city of Seoul, on your way to the Cocoa Bar. You weren’t planning to perform today, but to simply enjoy a nice cup of coffee with good company. As you spotted the familiar oak brown door frame, you paced a little quicker to meet it. You opened the door with the tiny bell on the top ringing like music to your ears. The Cocoa Bar wasn’t busy and you were kind of glad; so people wouldn’t expect you to perform. You just wanted to have a nice conversation with your good friend Xander and as soon as he heard the sound of your flats crossing the maple floor of the café he bounded towards you, in a Xander manner, with a caramel frappe already waiting for you.

 

“____~” Xander sung your name, “It’s good to see you!”

 

You giggled lightly, and politely grabbed the beverage from his hand, as the both of you made your way to your usual seat by the small stage to the back of the café. Xander works part time at the Cocoa Bar as a volunteer, with his pay going as donations to charities, since he left UKISS, he decided to continue to bring joy to others; just in a different way.

 

“It’s pretty empty” You stated the obvious, before taking a sip.

 

“Mmm” He agreed, “It’ll be better this way, well, for today anyway”

 

You took another sip as Xander tightened his apron and fixed his short ponytail.

 

“Why? What’s happening today at the Cocoa?” You asked, curious. You’d think that they’d need as many customers as most businesses did.

 

Well, the boys are coming around soon!” Xander replied, a sense of excitement in his tone. “I haven’t seen them in a while, so it’d be good!”

 

You raised an eyebrow, for a second your thoughts were lost. The boys?... Wait, the boys? As in, THE boys, as in…

 

“UKISS?!” You blurted out, with a bit of cream spitting onto the table. “Oops! Sorry”

 

Xander laughed it off lightly,

 

“Yes, UKISS. Who else would the boys be?” He mocked you. You let it pass since he was one of your close friends.

 

Despite the fact that you were best friends with an ex member of UKISS, the band still seemed too distant to you. As much as Xander spoke to you about them, even revealing things that fan girls would never know, never did you think you’d meet them, and you never thought of using Xander as an excuse to. But you weren’t using him; it was almost too good of a coincidence.

 

Trying to remain cool, calm and collected, you tucked the stray strands of your fringe behind your ear, coughed lightly and continued the conversation.

 

“So… What time are they coming?” You said calmly, trying to keep in the excitement inside you.

 

With a sweet ding-a-ling, the front door of the Cocoa Bar swung open, revealing six handsome men, the sunset outside lighting their figures and toning their skin. As you turned around, you felt the caramel from your drink give you a funny feeling as you saw with your very own eyes: UKISS.

 

 


Yes yes. It's a bit wordy, but would do you expect  from the first few chapters? Hehe. 

I don't wanna rush into the plot, so bear with me and enjoy! :) [comment and subscribe too ;) ]