Chance Meeting

Reuniting

The three members of JYJ entered the airport through a backdoor in order to avoid attention from the fans. They wanted to be as invisible to the world as possible. Jaejoong thanked and tipped the chaffeur, who was overwhelmed with the 300 US dollar bill paid to him. Both Jusu and Yoochun warned the driver to keep their trip a secret. The driver complied without argument. 

Airport security was surprsingly faster than usual, even for a weekday. The three loaded their baggage and carried their smaller belongings with them to the terminal. 

Jaejoong looked at his watch, We still have and hour and a half before our flight, might as well go clean up and pick up something to eat. 

"Junsu, Yoochun! I'm goona go wash up and get something to eat, you guys want anything?"

"I'm good." Yoochun replied.

"Same here, I think I'd rather go to Japan for some yummy food than comply with the overpriced, airport food. Be careful hyung! Don't get caught!" Junsu answered.

"Here!" Yoochun tossed Jaejoong a mask and a hat. "Make sure to cover up well!"

"Thanks Chun." Jaejoong waved as he took off, leaving his baggage with the other members, only taking his purse and wallet with him.

He stopped by a stand and picked up a magazine, flipping through the pages to see if anything interesting would catch his eye. He carefully placed it back and pulled out another one. Flipping through the pages again and again. After he failed to find something that interested him, he left the stand and walked towards the bathroom to wash up. 

On his way, he stopped by a shop to purchase some painkillers and motion-sickness medication, incase he needed them on the ride. The leader managed to buy anything without people suspecting him of his identity and then proceeded towards the men's washroom. 

He entered the washroom and enjoyed the silence thar surrounded him. He entered a stall and prepared to do his business when he heard another man enter the room.

Oh great. Just when I thought I could use some privacy a random guy steps into the bathroom. Jaejoong complained silently to himself. He finished and flushed, exiting the stall and into the outside. He stepped closer to observe his reflection in the mirror, staring at his flaws with a pout. I've gotta get more sleep. The eyebags are just getting worse. 

The sound of the other man's toilet snapped Jaejoong out of his thoughts. He stiffened and started to wash his hands and face, trying hard not to wash off the makeup he had on.

"Oh...sorry..." The other man apologized as he bumped into Jaejoong.

Jaejoong recongnized that voice but he couldn't believe the voice of the man standing next to him. He slowly turned his head and tried to catch a glimpse of the man, he couldn't believe his eyes.

"Y-Y-Yunho?"

"...Jaejoong?" The other man replied with surprise. 

Shocked, Jaejoong stumbled backwards into the hand dryer behind him, nearly slipping onto the wet floor as Yunho caught him with his arms. 

"...be careful Jaejoong."

"Don't touch me." Jaejoong said stiffly as he stood up and shoved Yunho away from him. 

"Sorry...it's just that you were about to fall..."

"Sorry Yunho. It was a mistake meeting you here. G-G-Goodbye." Jaejoong assured as he tried to hold in his tears and left the room, without realizing that he left his belongings behind.

A very shocked Yunho stood there, mindlessly rewinding and trying to understand what had just happened. His mind came back to reality when he saw Jaejoong's belongings. 

Realizing that Jaejoong had left his utmost important things behind, he took it and ran after Jaejoong.

He rushed out of the men's room and had two options, a left and a right. He looked both ways but couldn't decide between the two. But then, he heard running footsteps coming from the left side. He ran after Jaejoong.

Jaejoong realized that Yunho was search for him and made a dash for it. He could feel like Yunho was catching on  but he tried harder and harder to run away. Eventually ending up in an elevator. He pressed the button for the top roof and make sure that no one would notice him. As the doors closed, he saw Yunho getting closer and closer as his tears blurred the scene and the doors shut. 

When Jaejoong arrived at the top floor, he walked out with his mask and sunglasses on, taking the stairs all the way to the roof. Making sure that no one would see him. He opened the iron door to the top and closed it behind him, taking a seat on the floor right besides the door.

He peaked at his watching, coming to a conclusion that there was still one more hour before the plane ride so he decided to sit there and let his mind think freely. 

What was Yunho doing here? Why is he chasing after me? Didn't I tell him to leave me alone? It was then when Jaejoong realized that he had left his belogings in the bathroom with Yunho. Oh . Dammit. Why did I do that? Now Yunho will...

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* the sounds of Yunho banging on the iron door scared Jaejoong out of his wits as he jumped up to press his back against the door and prevent Yunho from reaching him.

"Jae! Jae you left your belongings! Open the door!"

"N-N-No! Leave me alone! J-Just leave the stuff at the stairs and I will come get them. But you need to leave first! I don't wanna see you!"

"O-Okay. Fine. It's at the door...I'm leaving now." Yunho complied.

Yunho left Jaejoong's belongings where he wanted them and left the scene.

When Jaejoong heard the leaving footsteps of Yunho's body, he carefully opened the door, stepped out and took his purse. He found everything back in its place and began to step down the stairs and back to the terminal. 

Jaejoong could feel someone else's prescene near him, so he stopped in the dark and turned, with his purse as a weapon ready to strike anytime. 

Yunho closed the door that led Jaejoong to the highest floor and Jaejoong jumped from the sound. He quickly flew down the stairs only to find the door closed. He stood there, searching for the shadow that mocked him in the dark. Suddenly he felt strong arms around his chest that tied up his two upper body limbs behind him.

"No! Let go of me! Who are you?"

"...Jae. It's me." Yunho assured.

Struggling to break free of Yunho's strong arms, Jaejoong threatened, "If you don't let go of me right now, I'm gonna cal.."

"Call who Jaejoong? I have your arms tied up." 

Jaejoong growled and hissed through his teeth. "Can you at least let me go Jung?"

"As long as you don't promise to call anyone."

"...Fine."

Yunho let him go. An awkward atmosphere filled up the room as Jaejoong sniffled once every now and then.

"...What are you doing here?" Yunho asked.

"Why is it any of your business?"

"Because I care about you Jae."

"Don't lie to me Jung. We've been through this. Don't think I didn't know what happened three years ago."

"Oh. So you're mad at me? Shouldn't it be the other way Jae?! You didn't think that Changmin and I were hurt after you left? You know he tried contacting you for days? Even getting drunk and cutting himself! Do you know that he still calls for his 'Umma' in his dreams? Even after almost four years?! I don't think you have the RIGHT to be mad..."

Jaejoong broke down into tears. Drowning himself in Yunho's words and Changmin's sadness. He realized what the departure of the now JYJ did to the maknae. 

Yunho stepped closer, "Sorry...I didn't mean..."

"N-N-No. I-I should be the one apologizing. I didn't think.." Jae managed to get out of his mouth in between the wave of sobs and anguish.

Yunho squatted down until he stood at the same level as Jaejoong. He used his fingers to part Jaejoong's bangs so he could look at his ex-lover in the eye. Jaejoong fliched and stumbled backwards until he hit the stone wall and sat down. 

Yunho inched closer until he was just a couple of centimeters away from Jaejoon's shaking body. He hugged his former member while the other tried to stuggle out of it. Yunho only hugged the other tighter.

Jaejoong eventually just complied while Yunho's hands soothed him. He felt like a lost puppy or a child who got hurt playing. 

"Sorry Jae. Our first meeting wasn't supposed to be like this...even if we left each other on bad terms. Remember how the five of us promised to always stay together no matter what?"

Silence. Only the sound of sniffles penetrated the mood. 

"Jae. We were ruthless back then. Immature kids. If I could just turn back time and fix everything..."

"...We'd still be together?" Jae finished.

"Yes, Jae. The two of us..." Yunho said as he pulled back to stare at Jaejoong. It was dark, but he could still see that the man he had once known was a lot more weaker looking. His eyebags had gotten to the point where even makeup couldn't cover it up. Without any sort of thinking, he pulled a hand from Jaejoong's back and reached his thumb to wipe down the trail of still, wet tears down Jaejoong's beautiful face.

Jaejoong, shocked at the gesture, closed his eyes tightly as if Yunho was going to hurt him.

Yunho stopped in his tracks. "Jae...are you....afraid of...me?" He asked.

"...No. It's just that...I didn't expect..."

"Jaejoong. Don't lie."

"No. It's not that...!" Jaejoong protested. 

He was cut off by his own ringtone. It was Junsu, calling to remind him that they had 15 minutes before their flight would take off.

"Y-Y-Yunho..I have to go. I'm going to miss---"

Yunho shook his head and caught Jaejoong off guard and pressed his lips softly onto the others. Jaejoong widened his eyes as he remained in his place, frozen from Yunho's sudden kiss. 

Jaejoong tried to push Yunho away with his hands, but was too weak to accomplish the job. So he just stood there, as Yunho finished.

"...Jae...I---"

"Goodbye Yunho. Goodluck." Jaejoong said as he hurried out of the room and into the elevator. Tears welled up in his eyes again as they rushed down his cheeks, blurring his vision from a shocked Yunho.

It was just like three years ago...except that this time, the goodbye was inevitable.