Chapter 3

It's War

"Himchan! We need to get rid of these ships!" Youngjae yelled into his communicator on his wrist.

Youngjae, Daehyun and Zelo were dodging the exotic ships' lasers from behind a giant rock. They had been separated from Yongguk and Himchan, who were hiding behind another rock elsewhere.

"Yongguk said that Zelo has a laser gun embedded in his arm!" Himchan's voice was heard from the watch communicator.

Yongguk spoke through his communicator to tell Zelo how to activate the laser. Apparently, all he needed to do was to push a hidden button on his arm. The only problem was that Zelo didn't know where the button was.

"Hurry, Zelo! This rock can't protect us any longer!" Youngjae urged while Zelo tried in vain to push all the "buttons" on his arm. The problem is that Zelo's sense of touch isn't well developed, so it was hard for him to find the button.

"Daehyun, help Zelo!" Youngjae panicked, "Hurry!" The rock was getting weaker and weaker as the ships continued shooting lasers at it.

Both Daehyun and Zelo searched his arms for potential buttons to push. The rock made a crack right next to Youngjae's head, and made him give out a high pitched scream.

The rest of the rock shattered just when Daehyun found the hidden button located just above the crook of Zelo's elbow. A laser instantly formed from Zelo's mechanical arm and shot at the ship that was aiming at them.

"Run!" Youngjae grabbed Daehyun's and Zelo's arms and made a run for it.

They swiftly dodged the impeding lasers thanks to Zelo, and finally reunited with Himchan and Yongguk, who were chilling behind their rock with several crashed exotic ships around them.

"How...?" Youngjae looked astonished.

"Skills," Himchan winked at Yongguk.

"What should we do now?" Daehyun asked.

"Jongup needs help!" Zelo pointed at the lone ship that was facing dozens of other exotic ships.

"Let's destroy some exotic ships butts!" Yongguk hollered as they ran out of hiding.

 



Somewhere on EXO planet...

"Would you be a dear and fetch me my babies?" Queen SaeMi coaxed her servant.

"Yes, your Highness," the servant bowed and went to call the boys.

"But, my Queen, the plan was to let them invade planet Mato after we've weakened their military force." the captain informed.

"Yes," The Queen nodded, "But I just want to see my little babies have a little fun," she smirked as the 12 boys were escorted to the room.

"Boys, your brother Kris will be in charge from now on. Behave and remember everything that you've been taught." Queen SaeMi gave them a quick group hug before sending them off in their own ship.

"Are you sure about this, my Queen?" the captain asked once more.

Queen SaeMi nodded determinedly, "I'm certain that my precious babies will teach King TaeSoon to never mess with Planet EXO!"

The 12 boys went into their ship and sat in their own seats. The boy in charge called out, "Is everyone ready?"

"Yes, Kris!" the other 11 boys sang out.

Kris started the engine and steered the ship out of the base and towards Mato planet. "Get ready to carry out our mission," Kris ordered as they neared Mato planet by the minute.

 



"Okay Daehyun, do you remember the plan?" Youngjae asked once more.

Daehyun rolled his eyes and nodded, "For the last time, yes!"

"Okay then. Remember to keep an eye out. Every small information is valuable. Now go!" Youngjae sent him off to carry out his new mission.

"Uhh, Youngjae?" Himchan called out while looking at the sky.

"What is it, hyung?" Youngjae turned to the commander.

"I think another exotic ship is coming down," Himchan pointed to the larger and more complex ship that was heading towards the ground near them.

"Let's get them!" Yongguk eagerly pulled out his sword from its sheath but Youngjae stopped him, "No! We mustn't be hasty. We don't even know what could come out of that ship. We should hide first and see what it would bring out."

Zelo zoomed in on the pilot of the ship, "The pilot looks... Intimidating..." he said.

"What, really? I can't see..." Himchan squinted.

Youngjae nudged Himchan in the stomach, "Zelo's a robot, hyung, his eyesight is a hundred times better than ours."

"Oh yeah, I knew that," Himchan laughed and scratched his head.

"Shut up and come here," Yongguk slapped a hand over Himchan's mouth and pulled the rest behind the rock.

The large silver ship with the EXO insignia landed several hundred meters away. A ramp opened up underneath it with a bright white light emitting from inside and the silhouette of a group of figures can be seen.

One of them stepped down the ramp and looked at the surroundings while the others followed and did the same. They were all wearing their fancy, royal-looking black and gray EXO uniforms and they each have a distinct symbol on their upper sleeve.

From behind their hiding rock, Himchan and the others could tell that these 12 were different from the other Exotics. Nonetheless, they were the enemy.

"Charge!!" Himchan blurted out and the remaining four of the group charged towards the newly landed enemies.

In an instant, a blinding light surrounded the four of them. They all shielded their eyes but kept a sharp look-out with their other senses. Zelo's eyes were the most sensitive to light, so his eyesight was pretty much useless after being struck by the light.

"Baekhyun, that's enough," a voice ordered.

The light dissolved into the air and three of the matokis could see again, except Zelo.

"Hyung! I can't see anything!" Zelo  stumbled and held onto the nearest person who was Yongguk and stared at nothing like a blind person.

", his eyesight is gone." Yongguk turned to Youngjae, "What do we do now?"

"We stick together and fight as a team," Himchan said.

They all stood in a circle with their backs facing each other and took stance to get ready for combat.

For a moment, everything was silent...

The 12 men who were hundreds of meters away suddenly disappeared and reappeared several meters in front of Himchan. The earth beneath Youngjae's feet began to rumble. Water appeared in front of Yongguk and solidified into blades of ice. A small fire started inches away from Himchan's feet and slowly grew larger and larger, and Zelo could feel a sudden breeze which accumulated into gusts of wind that could blow him away at any minute if he weren't digging himself into the ground.

 



Jongup was rushing to land the ship and go to s' aid. He was too late. They were all lying on the ground unconscious. Jongup didn't have any high tech device to wake them up so he resorted to slapping them awake. Of course it would work, because Jongup slapped Himchan continuously until he woke up and yelled at Jongup, and also waking the others up with his loud voice.

"What happened to you guys?" Jongup asked.

Youngjae rubbed his head, "These 12 Exotics just came and knocked us out. I think they each have their own powers. We've seen light, flame, water, and maybe frost, wind, earth, and lightning..."

"They electrified us until we were unconscious," Zelo said, still blinded, staring at nothing.

Jongup waved his hand in front of Zelo's face, "Did something happen?"

"He got blinded by the intense light," Yongguk said, "Don't worry, I can fix him up later."

Himchan got up and look at their surroundings, "What happened? Where are all the ships? Did we win?"

"No," Jongup shook his head, "They already destroyed 3 of our training bases and left before we could do anything."

Youngjae held his head in his hands frustratingly, trying to keep sane, "I can't believe we lost our best training base... How are we supposed to fight against Queen SaeMi now?"

Himchan's wrist communicator vibrated and he pressed some buttons, then a hologram of Daomato appeared before the group.

"I've received a message from your member, Daehyun about the failed mission," the hologram spoke, "Anyways, His Majesty wants to see you now, so please make your way back to the castle quickly," Daomato said and hung up.

"Okay.. Let's go back then," Himchan started heading back to the castle.

"Wait, where are we going?" Zelo asked while he walked in circles with his arms wavering around to find his surroundings.

"Just follow me," Yongguk and Jongup held Zelo's arms and helped him find his way back.

 



On EXO's ship...

"Oh my, I'm glad that you're safe. Who knows how many Exotics we've lost out there. But you seem like one of us, so you're welcome to stay with us for as long as you need." Kris welcomed the new Exotic.

He introduced the group, "I'm Kris, in charge of EXO. You've probably heard about us once or twice. Don't worry about their names, you'll learn them soon enough. Everyone, meet..." Kris waited for the newcomer to say his name.

"Daehyun," the "Exotic" introduced himself, "Please to meet you all," he bowed.

Now let's hope Youngjae's new plan works perfectly...

 


 

Hello everyone! Finals are finally over! :D Now I can update more often~

Also, I just finished making the cover picture for this story! ^^ 

Enjoy!~ 

           -zeshanlolol