Chapter 5

It's War

"Himchan... Did you, by any chance, receive a message while you were using the computer?" Daomato asked.

"Oh, yeah! It said 'Found'. What does that mean? Did someone lose something?" Himchan asked.

"Yeah, someone was looking for their son who apparently was still in one of the destroyed training bases during the raid. Thankfully they found him, I was getting a bit worried that they might lose their son, and we might lose another soldier," Daomato gave a sigh of relief.

"Oh, that's great, then! Also, could you help me with something?" Himchan asked, almost pleading.

Daomato nodded, "Sure, I have nothing else to do anyway. What do you have in mind?"

Himchan smiled, "I need your help getting a healer for us."

"A healer? Is there even a matoki who has that power?" Daomato was skeptical.

Himchan nodded rapidly, "There is! Trust me, I got information from some people at the marke-"

"What were you doing at the market? Weren't you supposed to be practicing and training? Did you sneak out again?" Daomato pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Wha- uhh, noo.. Well, at least I got valuable information about a healer! And I also got delicious food from outside of the castle," Himchan his lips enjoyably and rubbed his stomach.

"Sure, sure. Just don't let the King find out, or else you'll be stripped of your commander title and kicked onto the streets of the poorest side of Mato planet," Daomato didn't have a hint that he was joking on his face.

Himchan gulped, "Yes sir!"

 



"May I help you?" A middle aged matoki opened the door wide enough to poke his head out and looked up at the two men in front of him. He didn't seem to trust matoki who look like human, even though all matoki can transform, but usually it's royalty, since they have the right equipment to do so. But he does not trust royalty. He believed that they are arrogant matokis who just want control and wealth.

"Good evening, sir. I am Daomato, Matoki of War. And this is Himchan, or Tatsmato, commander of our elite troop, B.A.P. We would like to speak with you about your daughter," Daomato respectfully bowed.

The matoki suspiciously eyed Daomato, then Himchan, then back at Daomato. He thought for a good minute before opening the door wider, "Come in."

 



"Would you like some cookies? They're freshly baked," the mother matoki smiled at their guests while holding a tray of cookies with oven mitts.

Himchan smiled and reached for one but Daomato slapped his hand away, "No, thank you. We'll only be here for a couple minutes," he politely declined.

Himchan pouted and whispered, "But I wanted cookies... I'm hungry..." He rubbed his growling stomach.

"Remember what we're here for. And I'll treat you with food later," Daomato whispered back.

"Fine. But it better be good quality food," Himchan leaned back onto the couch.

"State your business," the father matoki said, leaning back on his arm chair with crossed arms and legs, "And what do you want with our daughter?"

Daomato cleared his throat, "Himchan here claims that he had heard other people talk about your daughter's extremely rare healing powers. If you have been watching the news, you would know that EXO planet also has an elite team of aliens with special powers. One of them having the power to heal. We believe that with your daughter, she can aid our elite troop to victory against the Exotics!"

Himchan added, "Don't worry too much about her well being. We will make sure to have special guards to protect her on the battlefield. She'll be safe in their hands."

The father thought for a while, "May I have some time to consider this?"

Daomato frowned, "I'm sorry, sir, but we need her now. There's no time to lose. The Exotics could be planning another attack as we speak!"

The father stood up on his chair and crossed his arms, "I don't think you understand my family's situation. I have a very low-paying job, my wife has to stay home to care for our newborn son, and our daughter..." his eyes looked sad, "you just... don't understand."

Himchan blinked, "What about your daughter?"

The father matoki stared at his guests for a while before calling out, "Tami-yah! Come down here! Daddy needs to talk to you!"

A faint voice is heard from upstairs, "Yes, Daddy!"

Himchan and Daomato could here excited footsteps running down the stairs, and appeared a little matoki girl with a pink bow on her right ear.

Their jaws dropped to see how young their daughter was. She looked around 1500 Mato years old! (That's approx. 8 human years old)

The father walked to his daughter an introduced their guests, "They are Daomato and Himchan from the big castle! They're here because of your special power!" He said in a tone which people use to talk to little matokis.

"Really?!" Tami jumped excitedly, "Do ahjusshis want Tami to help someone? Tami likes helping matokis!" She flashed her angelic smile.

Daomato chuckled at the little matoki, "Yes, we want you to help matokis. Specifically 6 of them. Would you like to stay with us to take care of them? We promise to keep you safe at all times!" He held out his pinky.

Tami looked at Daomato's pinky and turned to her dad, "Is it okay if I go, Daddy?"

Her father looked over Daomato and Himchan one last time before nodding to his daughter, "Yes, Tami."

Tami turned to Daomato with a bright smile and eagerly linked her pinky with his, "Count me in, Ahjusshi!"

Himchan shook his head, "I'm not that old, kid! Call me oppa!" He smiled proudly.

Tami stuck out her tongue, "Nyeh, Ahjusshi looks old, so Tami will call Ahjusshi just that!"

Himchan sneered at her, "Aish, this kid! Daomato-sunbaenim, let's go find another healer, there's plenty of healers on Mato planet, right?"

Daomato smacked the back of Himchan's head, "Yah, you idiot, of course there isn't any other healer on this planet! Tami is perfect for this job, aren't you Tami~" he pinched Tami's cheek and made her giggle.

"Tch, fine. Go along and pack your stuff now, Tami. We have to leave now." Himchan looked annoyed.

"Hehe, Tami will have lots of fun messing with Ahjusshi!" Tami blew a raspberry at Himchan and skipped upstairs to her room to pack her stuff.

 



"Daehyunnie!~" Xiumin sang out.

"What do you want?" Daehyun still had his eyes glued on his ExoPad (it's an Exotic iPad okay).

"Cook for me~ I'm hungry... And D.O. and Baekhyun aren't here to cook food... Please?~ I'll make snow to let you play in it~" Xiumin tried to coax him.

Daehyun looked up from his ExoPad, "Tch, do you think you can bribe me with artificial snow?"

Xiumin blinked, "Well-"

"Get in the kitchen. I'll cook you something if you let me make a SnowExotic afterwards," Daehyun grinned.

Xiumin nodded excitedly, "Yes sir!"

"Yah, Xiumin, make your own food, Daehyun is supposed to teach me some telepathic stuff," Luhan crossed his arms.

"But I'm hungry!" Xiumin whined.

Luhan stomped his foot, "Daehyun, you promised!"

Daehyun held up his hands, "Sorry, Luhan, I was bribed with snow. You can't say no to snow~"

"Aish, you and your briberies...." Luhan rolled his eyes and walked away, "I'm expecting a lesson in an hour!"

"Okay, Princess Luhan~" Daehyun sang out and laughed.

Xiumin literally cracked up, "PRINCESS LUHAN, OH MY EXO THAT IS HILARIOUS. I AM OFFICIALLY CALLING HIM THAT FROM NOW ON. Princess Luhan, GENIUS!"

"Okay, okay, Baozi, calm down or you'll choke on your food," Daehyun laughed and handed Xiumin a bowl of noodles.

 



"You be good, okay Tami?" Tami's mother hugged her daughter tightly and continued telling her little things like to go to bed on time and to brush her teeth and that her family will always be there to support her.

Tami broke away from her mother's hug and hugged her baby brother, "Have fun, little brother! Tami will miss you a lot! Don't eat all the cookies or else you'll get a really bad stomach ache!" She giggled as her baby brother wrapped his tiny arms around her neck.

"Tami-yah..." Her father had his turn to hug his daughter, "Remember to always stay beside the adults, alright? Don't run too far or else you'll be in a lot of trouble! Stay safe, My Princess," he kissed her forehead and patted her head as she rolled her suitcase towards Daomato and Himchan.

"Let's go, kiddo," Daomato took Tami's suitcase in one hand and Tami's hand in another, and threatened Himchan to hold Tami's other hand or else he won't treat him for dinner.

"Sunbaenim is so evil..." Himchan muttered under his breath.

 



"Yah, Daehyun! What kind of lesson is that?" Luhan whined after Daehyun demonstrated how to flip pages in a book with his mind.

"Your lesson, duh," Daehyun chuckled.

Luhan pouted, "Tch, I teach you cool and useful stuff and you pay me back with childish lessons like this? That's so unfair."

Daehyun pretended to look hurt, "Well excuse me, I didn't have the luxury to learn that many tricks! I even had to teach myself these small tricks." He half lied.

It was true, Daehyun had taught himself to flip through book pages, cut paper, write sentences, and other simple tasks with his mind. He didn't even have the money to enroll in training school. He had to sneak in and show his talent before they even accepted him into the training class to become an elite warrior as he is now.

Luhan nodded, "Ahh, I understand. That's okay. I can just teach you what I know and we can help each other improve! It's good enough for me to just have someone to practice with," he smiled.

Daehyun half smiled, Luhan is helping me a lot and yet I feel so guilty deceiving him and the rest of EXO like this, after all they've done for me...

He immediately shook the thought out of his head, No! I mustn't betray my home planet! I will successfully carry out my duty and return to Mato planet when the time comes.

 



"WOAAAAH! This is where ahjusshis live?! It's huge!!!!" Tami shouted gleefully as she ran around exploring the castle herself while Daomato carried her suitcase.

"Where is she staying again?" Himchan asked, he looked a bit pale.

"Your place, of course!" Daomato laughed, "It was your idea to get a healer so now she is in your care."

"WHAT?!?!? Are you crazy?!" Himchan turned abruptly towards Daomato with wide eyes.

"What? It's not like I'm gonna let her sleep with the guards who sleep in the barracks," Daomato shrugged, "Besides, she doesn't bite! She's a harmless little matoki girl, how bad could she be?"

"HEY! LITTLE GIRL, GIVE BACK ZELO'S SKATEBOARD!" Zelo chased after Tami to retrieve his skateboard from her.

"Neh neh~" Tami stuck out her tongue, "It's mine now~" she hugged the skateboard tighter and ran away laughing. Brownie gleefully chased behind her, barking loudly.

"HE- Oof!" Zelo yelled but Yongguk held him back by the collar.

"Zelo-yah, just let the girl play with it for a bit and she'll eventually get tired of it then you'll get your skateboard back," Yongguk scolded.

Zelo pouted and crossed his arms grumpily, "Hmph. Fine."

Youngjae walked in and dodged Tami as she run by with Zelo's skateboard, "What... Who is that?" he asked jabbing his thumb at her.

"That's our new healer!" Himchan beamed.

"Healer?!" Zelo, Yongguk, and Youngjae said in unison.

"Hyung!!" Jongup ran to them, panting, "There's a little matoki running loose in the castle! We need to catch her!" he turned to chase after Tami but was held back by Himchan by the hood.

"Yah, relax, Jonguppie, she's our new healer!" Himchan explained.

Everyone blinked at Himchan, "Since when did Mato planet have healers?" Youngjae asked.

Himchan snickered, "Just now. Tami is our first Matoki healer! She's still young though so she has lots to improve. She'll be very useful to us when we go face the Exotics."

"And EXO," Yongguk added.

"Yes, and them, too," Himchan nodded, "So we need all the help we can get to prepare for that."

"Where is she staying...?" Zelo asked.

"With you guys," Daomato laughed and nudged Himchan, "You guys should try to get Himchan and Tami to get along. Tami doesn't seem to fancy him so much."

Zelo pointed at Himchan and laughed, "AHAHA HYUNG CAN'T EVEN GET A LITTLE MATOKI TO LIKE YOU! HYUNG WILL BE FOREVER ALONE~"

Himchan scowled and chased Zelo, "YAH YOU STUPID ROBOT! COME HERE AND LET ME SHUT YOU DOWN!!!!"

Yongguk grabbed Himchan by the collar to stop him, "Yah, Kim Himchan, stop messing with Zelo."

Zelo stuck out his tongue teasingly at Himchan, "Merong~"

Himchan made a face at Zelo and crossed his arms, "Fine."

 



A couple months passed and Tami had been under B.A.P's care and training. She had definitely improved her healing ability. Instead of just minor cuts and bruises, she can now heal more complex wounds such as a stabbed wound or a third degree burn and even a fatal organ injury.

The rest of B.A.P have learned and improved a lot as well: Yongguk now uses dual blades, Himchan learned archery, Youngjae can build weapons from scratch in mere seconds, Jongup learned to use laser guns, and Zelo is even more high tech thanks to Youngjae and Jongup's machinery skills. Brownie is now top dog, he grew a lot bigger and is as tall as Zelo when he sits. Brownie is Himchan's means of transportation and can be the most loyal, trusting and dangerous guard dog.

On the other hand, Daehyun is becoming a well-rounded telepathic user and learned telekinesis from Luhan, and even healing from Lay. He can also fly short distances thanks to Kris.

For EXO, they have been going through extremely rigorous training. Kris can now fly 5 laps around EXO planet at the speed up to 60 kilometers per hour. D.O. can cause a 5th degree earthquake. Sehun can create a tornado. Kai can now teleport across the planet. Chanyeol can create fire up to 200 degrees. Suho can summon a lake of water out of thin air. Tao can freeze a planet's time for the entire day. Chen can burn a mountain with his lightning. Xiumin can freeze a large lake. Baekhyun's light is as powerful as ever. Lay can almost bring the dead back to life. And last but not least, Luhan can move even the biggest mountains.

Daehyun has been reporting all EXO information to Himchan, and their improvements as well. However, having stayed with EXO for more than two months, Daehyun had grown more and more attached to them. This sometimes gets in the way of his mission. He dreaded the day when he has to betray EXO and fight alongside B.A.P, but he wouldn't want to betray his old friends either. Daehyun was stuck between two sides and he was constantly conflicting with himself.

One day, Luhan found him sitting on top of the roof of their dorm. Daehyun was just enjoying his solitude in silence in the breezy afternoon, taking in the beautiful sunset.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Luhan smiled and sat down beside Daehyun.

Daehyun smiled and softly answered, as if breath taken, "Yeah.."

Luhan eyed Daehyun for a moment, "You know, even if we've only known each other for a couple months, I think I've grown attached to you, like a brother."

Daehyun turned to him and blinked, "Brother?"

Luhan nodded, "Yeah.. Like a brother... Just training with you, I feel like all of us are growing closer... As a family." he looked at Daehyun in the eyes, "The family I've always wanted."

Daehyun didn't know what to say. He understood what Luhan was trying to say. He also felt that B.A.P was a family when he was training with the others. But now, training with EXO, the enemy, he doesn't know what to do. He just wished this whole war never existed.

"I-I'm sorry..." Daehyun got up and went back inside.

Luhan blinked, "Hm? What's he sorry for?" he said to himself in confusion.

"Yo, Daehyun!" Each EXO member greeted as Daehyun hurried along. Daehyun just nodded with his eyes on the floor, walking even faster. He finally got to his room, which he shares with Luhan, and closed the door behind him. He leaned his back against the door and slid down, grabbing his hair in frustration.

I don't even know which side I'm on anymore... he gritted his teeth.

AAARRRRGGGHHHH he mentally screamed in frustration, Damn this war! Damn everything! Why must I be the spy? Why couldn't it be Jongup? Or Youngjae? Why me? I don't want to do this anymore... I just... I just...

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard knocking on the door, "Hey, Daehyun, do you want something to eat?" Luhan asked.

"I'm not hungry..." Daehyun responded quietly.

"Oh, well, if you want, there's some ramen on the counter," Luhan said before going to join the others in front of the TV.

Daehyun walked towards his bed and let himself fall face down onto it. Gahhhh Luhan just makes everything so hard! He's being like my older brother. How am I going to face them when they find out my true identity...? he reached for his pillow and put it over his head, I just want to disappear so I don't have to deal with all this...

Daehyun's communicator rang in his pocket. It was Himchan. Daehyun took his communicator and threw it to the wall.

The communicator fell on the floor and opened, revealing Himchan's hologram, "YAH! Jung Daehyun! How dare you throw me away like that?!"

Daehyun sat up and looked at the hologram, "I throw things very well."

"Aish this kid..." Himchan muttered, pinching the skin between his eyes, "Anyways, you haven't called us in the past few days. We were getting worried that something might have happened to you."

"Were you guys really worried about me?" Daehyun asked hopefully.

"Of course we were, Dummy!" Himchan exclaimed. For a moment, Daehyun was happy, until Himchan had to ruin everything, "Without you, how are we supposed to find out about EXO?" Himchan was just kidding to lighten up the mood, but Daehyun didn't seem to see it.

Daehyun scowled slightly, he was really hurt by the lighthearted statement, but Himchan didn't see it because Luhan's room was dimly lit.

"So how have you been?" Himchan asked when Daehyun didn't say anything for almost a minute.

"Okay. I have to go now." Daehyun said and hung up.

Himchan blinked at the screen, "Did I say something?"

Youngjae smacked the back of his head, "How are you even our commander.."

Himchan was left in the communication room to think of whatever he did wrong.


"Oh, Daehyunnie, you came!" Luhan cheered when Daehyun finally came out of the room, "There's your ramen on the counter. If you want more meat in it then get some from the fridge," Luhan pointed to the fridge.

"Thanks..." Daehyun made his food and ate quietly while watching EXO watch TV cheerfully. Maybe I do know which side to be on...



 



DAEHYUN IS GOING TO BETRAY B.A.P?? /GASP/

Are you guys wondering why EXO gets all the cool and powerful superpowers while B.A.P has to use weapons (except for Daehyun)?
Well it's pretty obvious: EXO is from SMent that has all the special and unique instruments (in this case, their powers) while B.A.P is from TSent that has the less special instruments (weapons).


AND OMG YOU GUYS DEFINITELY SAW YOUNGJAE AND SUNHWA'S EVERYTHING'S PRETTY MV RIGHT????
YOUNGJAE IS JUST SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND HIS VOICEEEEE.

tumblr_mfo6sghEHw1rulj4eo1_500.gif

                                          -zeshanlolol