o21

300 Anime & Manga Oneshots

 


Prompt: Last Laugh
Characters: Juvia Lockser
Series: Fairy Tail
O.C: Elyse
Genre: Comedy
Theme Song: Crazy Possessive - Kaci Battaglia
Warnings: None
Date: 30th January 2013
Author’s Note: Snippet from a full length story.


 

Like she had planned (if it would have been anything less than expected, Elyse would have ended up with a bruised ego) Juvia had indeed snatched up that poster from the board and in near enough in the same instance, left while gushing something about the number of children Gray would want. Not like it mattered now because that job would take her to the other side of the country and by that time, Elyse would have secured her other safe guards. Oh, how genius she was. She also happened to be unabashedly petty, despite her reputation.

Hunched over the table she was at, Elyse cackled mindlessly to herself; she wasn’t even being discreet about her victory. With open and her usual ‘Pahaha’ laugh sounding more warped than usual, it was quite impossible to be anything close to discreet.

Mirajane happened to pass by the deluded girl’s table as she collected the empty beer jugs. “Elyse, you’re flaring up.” She noted in her default sweet voice like it was a commodity as she gestured to the black fumes emitting from her friend. “It’s scaring the others.” Without saying anything else, the S-Rank beauty placed down yet another full jug of beer before tottering off back to her duties.

“E-heh-heh-heh~” Another wave of laughter washed over Fiore’s Tiger. The mere thought of her rival’s face when she arrived at her destination only to find out that there was no such job was enough to tip her over the edge. She knew that no matter how priceless the expression was, there was going to be two downsides to it. One, she wouldn’t be able to see her face first hand - If she was lucky, maybe Juvia would wear it all the way back to the guild. Secondly, the consequences for putting up a fake advertisement would be a definite punishment of some sort.
 
The old geezer was well known outside of the guild as a crazy-powerful master of his craft, but inside of Fairy Tail, he was probably just as well known for his painfully obscure punishments.

It would be worth every second of the torture though, Elyse thought. 'I won't let you have Gray that easily.' Downing the contents of the wooden jug, the female sniggered into the container. “Let's see who gets the last laugh.”

 



Updated: 6th February 2018 – 16:28