The Roar of the Waves

Inculpable Panic!

   After summer vacation was over, the students returned to the dorms and academies, refreshed and full of energy. But not for everybody was the time during the holidays as refreshing as for the others. Eunhyuk was happy to return to school, because now he was able to see Donghae again, who looked forward to see the younger student again as well.
   While the young students ran around, having fun, playing soccer at Jihye's inner courtyard, the student council member's of Jihye, Hangeng and Heechul, stood on the stairs, observing the younger ones.
   "The president still wants Donghae-sshi to run for the Wang, eh?", Heechul said, who sat down on the stairs next to Hangeng.
   "Looks like it. 'There's still hope, so let's wait a bit more', Chanyeol said", Hangeng told the Korean student, while he rose one of his eyebrows.
   "He still doesn't want to give up?! Oh, how annoying."
   "That's right."
   "But if Donghae does get the privilege to run for the Wang... No matter what, all we can do now is observing his actions", Heechul added and looked up to his roommate, who nodded in agreement.
   But not only for Eunhyuk, who waited desperately to meet Donghae again, haven't the holidays been as good as expected. After the incident with Kyuhyun, Ryeowook haven't seen the Wang anymore and Yesung was really worried about his friend, because the transfer student refused to talk about what happened and he often sat alone in the music hall, playing the piano. And eventhough Yesung didn't know every piece for the piano, he could hear, that Ryeowook played a song, which was actually written for two players. He wished, he could do something to help Ryeowook, but he couldn't. Actually he didn't really want to know what happened between them, but he was sure, that something had to happen soon, so Ryeowook could start smiling again.
   In the meanwhile, Eunhyuk couldn't be more happy than now, because Donghae finally asked him to meet him. Him alone. Was it something like a date?
   "Eh? This sunday?", Eunhyuk asked nervously and nodded, "Yeah, sure I'll go!"
   Donghae smiled happily: "Is there any place you want to go?"
   "Huh? Anywhere is fine", Eunhyuk added and with each second he looked at Donghae, he became more happier to be able to be with him for a whole day without any other students around.
    After dinner, Eunhyuk and Kris went immediatly back into their room, because Eunhyuk wanted to choose the clothes he could wear on Sunday. He stood in front of the mirror, holding every piece of his clothes he had in front of him, checking how it looked, while Kris sat annoyed on his bed, eyeballing his friend.
   "Why don't you go see a movie?", Kris asked and leaned back against the wall.
   "Movie?"
   "At the movies, you get the chance to be closer to each other and you get stuff to talk about afterwards", Kris explained, "It's a very good choice for a first date."
   "Date, eh...? Donghae seonbae surely doesn't think of it that way", Eunhyuk said shyly.
   "Then what does Hyuk think about it?", Kris asked and stood up, picking a blue shirt and a sporty jacket from Eunhyuk's bed, handing it to the smaller student, "Take this one with the grey skinny jeans, that suits you the best!"
   "Thank you."
At the same time, Hangeng sat on his bed, wearing only his wide jogging pants, caressing the back of Heechul's head, who was leaning against him.
   "You should just tell Donghae up front."
   "Up front?", Hangeng asked and rose an eyebrow.
   "Something like 'your actions will affect others around you'. Didn't we want to tear them apart, so Donghae would choose the path to run for the Wang selection?", Heechul asked the Chinese student back.
   "Right, that's one way to go after it, after the first plan failed."
   "Then, let's destroy that boy's relationship with him, so that we can finally concentrate on our own wonderful future", Heechul said and grabbed Hangeng's hand, kissing his fingertips, showing his lover, that he was ready for it again.

   Finally it was sunday and Eunhyuk became really nervous with every passed minutes, as he dressed himself. He nervously stood in front of the mirror, twitched here and there on his clothes because he was worried that they didn't fit perfectly.
   "Kris...", Eunhyuk whined, "I don't look good! The jeans doesn't fit anymore. Help me, please!"
   "Alright, alright", Kris said and stood up from his bed, walking over to his friend and gave him a brotherly hug, "Don't worry, you look good. It fits perfectly. Just choose your favorite sneakers and then be yourself and everything will be alright. I'm sure he wants to meet you and not your clothes, okay?"
   "Thank you! I'll meet him at the station and then we'll head into the city", Eunhyuk explained and grabbed his wallet.
   At the same time, Donghae left the dorms, heading to the station, where he wanted to meet with Eunhyuk soon. He knew he was too early, but it didn't matter. It was a wonderful, sunny day, so it was okay for him to wait a bit longer.
   "Oh no. It's late already", Eunhyuk shouted shocked as he watched on the clock.
   "Let's go, hurry up. I will have a visitor", Kris said and pushed his friend out of the room, wishing him the best luck.
   "Okay, okay, I'll go now!"
   "Enjoy your Donghae seonbae!", Kris added and gave him roommate a last wink.
Eunhyuk walked quickly through the hallway, as he suddenly got stopped by Heechul, who appeared in front of him.
   "I have something to tell you, can you give me a moment?", Heechul said in a strict tone, using his knowlegement about Eunhyuk, that he quickly got uncertain, not able to say no, before he added in a friendly way, "It won't take long."
   "What is it?"
   "It's about... Hangeng", Heechul said and suddenly the Chinese student appeared behind Eunhyuk, covering his mouth with his hand, pulling him in their room, while Heechul was left behind on the hallway.
   "Now then, next up is Donghae.", he said to himself before he walked ahead to the station.
Kris in the meanwhile laid down on his bed, taking a deep breath, before he noticed Eunhyuk's handkerchief, which his roommate had forgotten. He grabbed it and jumped up. "Oh dear, he forgot his handkerchief."
   He put it in his pocket and went out of the room, where he bumped into Tao.
   "Eh, Kris gege, were are you going? Didn't we plan to watch a movie?", Tao asked confused.
   "Yes, we will, but first I have to bring Eunhyuk his handkerchief", Kris explained.
   "Okay, I will go with you!"
So the two Chinese students walked through the hallway, shouting for Eunhyuk, because they were sure, that he was still in the dorms. But as they didn't catch up with him, they returned and suddenly Kris noticed a button on the ground.
   "Isn't this..."
   "Gege, what's that?", Tao asked confused.
   "It's one of Eunhyuk's buttons from his jacket."
Suddenly they heard some shoutings out of a room, which sounded like Eunhyuk. Kris ran to the room and opened the door, storming inside with Tao, where they saw Hangeng, who towered over Eunhyuk, who he had pinned on his bed.
   "Kris! Tao!", Eunhyuk shouted afraid, after Tao grabbed the older student's wrist, pulling him away from Eunhyuk, so that the Korean boy could run back to Kris, who stepped in front of Eunhyuk to protect him.
   "Go! Donghae is waiting for you", Kris said and gave Eunhyuk a brotherly smile. Eunhyuk nodded and ran down the hallway, hoping that Donghae still waited for him, while Kris and Tao gazed angrily at Hangeng, who only smirked at the younger ones.

   "Donghae-sshi!", Heechul shouted to Donghae in ordern to catch his attention until Donghae stopped and turned around to the student council member, "It's great, that I meet you here."
   "What is it?"
   "Actually, I have something to say to you."
   "Say to me?"
   "Okay, I'll get straight to the point.", Heechul started and crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Can you give up on the race for the Wang?"
   "I wasn't planning on running anyway."
   "I know, but the people around you don't think so. Your entry has been sealed already. Many people are looking forward to your performance.", Heechul explained, while Donghae's facial expression changed into a serious one.
   "Eunhyuk is a good boy, isn't he?", Heechul said and turned back to Donghae, who looked shocked at him, "Think carefully about it. Even if you decide not to go for it, think of how your actions will affect others... No, many people will be hurt because of you. There are people who dream of you becoming the Wang one day. Do you want to dissapoint them? And for the other people participating, you are in their way. You should be firmer on your decisions. That's your responsibility as Jihye's star."
   Donghae took a deep breath and went ahead. He didn't want to hear any more about it.
   "You should think about it. It's all up to you", Heechul added, "And no matter what, Eunhyuk is not coming!"
   Donghae's eyes grew bigger and he turned back to Heechul with a shocked and angry expression.
   "That boy understands very well."
   "What have you done again?", Donghae shouted angrily. Then he shook his head, turned around and walked quickly away, heading to the station. He didn't want to listen to Heechul anymore. He was sure, Eunhyuk would come no matter what the student council planned again.
 
   Donghae sat on the bench at the station, thinking about what Heechul has said. Somehow he was afraid of dissapointing and losing Eunhyuk. There it was, the sound of the train, which came quickly closer. He stood up and looked into the distance, where he saw the train, before he looked around for Eunhyuk, who wasn't here yet. Did he listen to what Heechul and Hangeng said to him?
   Eunhyuk ran to the station, hearing the sound of the train, which was about to leave the station again. He jumped up the stairs, as he suddenly saw how the train left the station. He stopped in front of the station platform, panting for air heavily.
   "Donghae seonbae...", Eunhyuk said in a sad tone, while he looked after the train. Then he looked down on the ground, "I wasn't fast enough..."
As he turned around to leave again, he saw Donghae, who still sat on the bench, waiting for him. His eyes grew big and his happy smile returned back on his face.
   "Donghae seonbae", he shouted happily and ran to Donghae, who stood up, looking at him with his usual friendly smile.
While their were riding with the train, Donghae kept looking out of the window, while Eunhyuk shyly looked down on his hands.
   "Um... we're going the opposite direction from the city...", Eunhyuk determined.
   "Yes, be patient. I will bring you to my favourite place."
Eunhyuk didn't know how long they were riding the train, but still after they backed out of the train at a small station, he couldn't imagine, where Donghae was heading to.
   The station was in the middle of a field, surrounded by a forrest, which seemed so green and fresh, peacefully and mysterious at the same time. They walked down a small path through the forrest and they could smell the flavor of the dew, which still was left on the grass, where the sun's beams didn't reach to.
   Eunhyuk followed his seonbae some steps behind without saying anything, because he didn't want to disturbe Donghae. But suddenly Donghae stopped and Eunhyuk just realised where they were.
   They stood on the edge of the forrest, where immediatly the beach began. Some metres in front of them was nothing else than the dark blue, clear ocean, where the sun was sparkling on its calm surface, and the wind caressed their faces softly.
   "That's Donghae seonbae's favourite place?", Eunhyuk asked and Donghae looked to him with a smile while nodding.
   "Yes. You know, I'm born in a small village near the sea. I love the sea and expected from the academies, it's quiet here... no screaming fanboys around."
They walked along the beach. Donghae took off his shoes to walke through the water, while Eunhyuk followed him. He wanted to be closer to him, but he was too shy, so he just tried to walk besides him.
   After another couple of minutes, Donghae laid his hand on Eunhyuk's shoulder and stopped him from walking ahead, while he looked at Eunhyuk's back.
   "What happened?"
   "Huh?", Eunhyuk asked confused and tried like a crazy cat, which wanted to catch its tail, to see what Donghae was talking about.
   "Your jacket, it's ripped."
   "Oh...", Eunhyuk just said and thougth about it. Maybe it happened as Hangeng and Heechul pulled and pushed him into the room, "Eh, nothing happened. I probably stucked on something, so it ripped."
   He didn't want to tell Donghae what happened with Hangeng ang Heechul, because the last time his seonbae became really angry at them and Eunhyuk didn't like it when people had a fight, especially not because of him.
   "Don't tell me, that Hangeng and the others did something again?", Donghae asked in a strict tone, but Eunhyuk didn't need to say anything, because his facial expression explained everything to Donghae already.
   "I... I'm fine. Really! Please don't be mad! Kris and Tao saved me!"
   "So that's why you were late... those two are really...", Donghae said more to himself than to Eunhyuk, while looking sadly down on the ground, before he turned back to the smaller student, "It's all because of me that you got troubled."
   "No!", Eunhyuk shouted and gave Donghae a huge fright, "That's wrong! That wasn't your fault! It's okay! I... I just want to be together with you..."
Finally Eunhyuk did it. He confessed, shyly looking down on the ground, trying to hide his red face from Donghae, who just looked at him, but Eunhyuk wasn't able to read his seonbae's thoughts at the moment. Then he felt how Donghae laid his hands on his shoulders and pulled him closely to hug him.
   "Thank you. You are giving me strength and I want to be together with you, too", Donghae said, pressing Eunhyuk closer to him, so the younger one wouldn't be able to see his blushed face, "Let this place be ours, which nobody knows. A place, we can go if we want to be alone and far away from the hustle and bustle of school."
   Eunhyuk nodded. There was nothing more for him he could wish for. He stood there on a beautiful beach, hugging his love, while the sun was setting in the background, turning the heaven into a bright red color.
   For them, it was time to return to the dorms, but as long as they were somewhere nobody knew them, they walked hand in hand back to the train station, enjoying every second they had left to be together without thinking about intrigues or something else.