Labyrinth of Feelings

Inculpable Panic!

 

   For Jaeneung to relinquish the position of the Wang, Siwon would never let that happen. The student council president had to persuade these two, he had chose, to become the next Wang somehow. This was his last goal as the student council president of Jaeneung.
   As knocked on the door of the council room and Yesung came in. "What was the important thing, you needed to tell me?", Yesung asked as soon as he came in. 
   "Jaeneung's participants for the Wang election have been decided", Siwon talked and Yesung's eyes grew big, "One of them... is you, Kim Yesung. I've always wanted you to beat Kyuhyun."
   "Siwon-sshi...", Yesung was unable to say anything.
   "The other person is Kim Ryeowook", Siwon added and Yesung couldn't believe what he heard. He and Ryeowook should be Wang?! "You and Ryeowook were accepted by everyone of Jaeneung."
   "But Wookie... he is..."
   "Yes, because of his relationship with Kyuhyun... that's why I told you first", Siwon spoke, "If you agree to do this, I'll go and persuade Ryeowook-sshi."
   "Ehm... I'm very honored to be chosen as a participant. I've never been happier...", Yesung said and looked sadly down, "but... Ryeowook, he loves Kyuhyun. He is still in much pain because of Kyuhyun-sshi. I understand that perfectly, being by his side all the time. That's why I ask you not to have the two of us as participants for the Wang election... Please, don't hurt Ryeowookie any more..."
   Siwon laid his hands encouragingly on Yesung's shoulders: "I understand your worries about Ryeowook, but I want you to accept, no matter what, for Jaeneung's sake. Please, this is also for Ryeowook's sake. When March comes, Kyuhyun and I will graduate and leave Mt. Sam. But if this goes on, we'll be worried about him. That's why, no matter how much pain he's in, we want him to overcome his relationship with Kyuhyun and grow up. We believe, he can do it."
   "Siwon-sshi..."
After finishing their conversation, Yesung left the room and went to the lobby, where Ryeowook was already waiting for him.
   "And what did Siwon-sshi say?", Ryeowook asked with a smile.
   "Uh... nothing important. Nothing at all. Just some work for the student council", Yesung answered. He didn't want to tell Ryeowook about the Wang election, because he knew, that his friend would be really hurt.
   As they went home to the dorms, Siwon went to the greenhouse, where Kyuhyun was pouring the flowers. He wanted to tell the current Wang about his plans, so Kyuhyun couldn't change his mind.
   "That's correct. I'll persuade Ryeowook-sshi, no matter what", Siwon said.
   "You seem quite determined about that", Kyuhyun talked calmly without looking at his friend.
   "That's my mission."
   "Mission?", Kyuhyun asked, stopped pouring the flowers and finally turned to Siwon.
   "You told me before, that I'm free to decide, that's why you need to follow my decision. Do you understand, Kyuhyun?", Siwon spoke in a strict tone and Kyuhyun rose up his eyebrow, before he continued to pour the flowers again. It felt like they were fighting over the same boy now.
   At the same time Donghae accepted Chanyeol's request to participate at the Wang election, as long as he was able to chose Eunhyuk as his partner. Chanyeol of course accepted the condition, because he learned how it felt to be loved and to be in love, since Baekhyun had confessed to him, and he understood, that Donghae and Eunhyuk were the best team, who were able to pass every situation.
   At the evening Yesung was sitting on his bed while Ryeowook prepared tea for the two of them.
   "Hyung, have you heard about it? Tomorrow Donghae will announce his participation", Ryeowook said and handed Yesung his cup of tea, "Is Jaeneung not sending anyone?"
   "Well... I wonder...", Yesung talked quietly and looked sadly down at his tea.
   "If that's the case, it's a sure victory for Donghae and Eunhyuk. Chaegim is not sending anyone, too, because Baekhyunnie and Chanyeol aren't from the same school. So Donghae and Eunhyuk are a good pair. They'll definitely be a wonderful Wang", Ryeowook smiled. He was happy for his friends.
   As it knocked on the door, Ryeowook ran happily to the door and opened the door for Siwon, who was standing there. The transfer student let him enter the room and gave him a cup of tea.
   "I have something important to tell you", Siwon said as soon as he sat down and took a sip of his tea, "Jaeneung has decided, who our participants will be. Right, Yesung-sshi?"
   Yesung looked sadly down on his hands and Ryeowook's eyes grew big: "H... Hyung, are you entering the Wang election? Wow, why didn't you tell me? Hey, who's your parnter? I never knew, that Yesung hyung had someone like that."
   "It's you, Ryeowook-sshi."
   "Huh?"
   "You."
   "Me?", Ryeowook asked and Siwon nodded, "Yesung hyung and me are entering the Wang election?"
   "Please accept my offer. No, you have to accept, no matter what", Siwon said.
   "But I..."
   "For a very long time the people, Jaeneung had sent out, had always been elected to be Wang", the student council president said, "That's why no matter what, we can't relinquish our aim. You two are the only ones, who can go up against Jihye's Donghae."
   "I... I really like Yesung hyung. He is my most important friend. I do want to be with him, but...", Ryeowook talked and stopped himself. He wasn't able to talk about his feelings freely, but he didn't like Yesung like he liked Kyuhyun.
   "I understand, that you can't forget about Kyuhyun, but you have to.", Siwon spoke with a dark glance and stood up, "Don't let Kyuhyun hold you back. I want you to get over him and enter the Wang election. Kyuhyun wishes for that, too. Kyuhyun has also given his approval for you and Yesung-sshi to enter the election."
   "He... he did?", Ryeowook asked more himself that the other one and looked sadly down, while Yesung's eyes grew big and Siwon nodded, "Is that so?"
   "I never lie!", Siwon said and Ryeowook brust out in tears and ran out of the room.
   "Ryeowook!", Yesung shouted after his friend, before he turned back to the student council president, "Siwon-sshi, why did you tell Ryeowook about the Wang?!"
   "No matter, how I'd tell him, it hurts in the end. So I just told him directly."
   "But that's too much! He really loves Kyuhyun, and you tell him to forget about him...", Yesung said and ran after Ryeowook in order to look for his friend. He looked everywhere, but no matter where, he couldn't find Ryeowook. He wasn't around the lake, neither the greenhouse. He was nowhere, because there was one more place Ryeowook never told Yesung about. It was the place, where he had first met Kyuhyun. The clearance with the big tree in the middle.
   Ryeowook leaned against the tree and looked up to the sky, before he slid down on the ground and started crying bitterly. After a while Ryeowook stood up and walked around, wiping his tears away again and again. He went to the greenhouse, where everything was dark, and Ryeowook went in. At first he thought he just imagined it, but then he recognized, that Kyuhyun was really standing in the middle of the greenhouse. He turned his head to him and smiled.
   "Wang..."
   "Ryeowook."
   "Kyuhyun", Ryeowook said happily and walked quickly to Kyuhyun. He was happy, that Kyuhyun was really there, because he had wished to see him so badly.
   "Try your best."
   "Huh?"
   "You're entering the Wang election, right?", Kyuhyun talked calmly and Ryeowook shook his head.
   "No! I've never wanted to become Wang and... I'm not fit to be Wang. I don't have to, right...?", Ryeowook said quickly.
   "See, you and Yesung look pretty good together. So you should listen to Siwon and enter the Wang election", Kyuhyun said and Ryeowook's eyes grew big, "You will surely become a great Wang."
   "No! I don't want that", Ryeowook shouted and ran closer to Kyuhyun, so that he was right in front of the current Wang, "I can't ignore my feelings and enter! If I do that... then Yesung hyung... No, not just Yesung hyung, everyone from Jaeneung, Jihye and Chaegim, I'd deceive them all. I... I just want Wang to say one thing to me: 'Don't enter the Wang election'. I wouldn't care if it was a lie. Because... about Kyuhyun... I'm still in..."
   "Thank you", Kyuhyun said and Ryeowook looked up to him with his teary eyes, "I'm very honored. So about the key..."
   "Huh?", Ryeowook asked and remembered the key, Kyuhyun had given him as they had been at his summer vacation house.
   "Do you still have it?"
   "Oh, I'm sorry, I wanted to give it back to you when I got back from the vacation home, but I never got the chance to", Ryeowook said and pulled the key out of his pocket. He looked from the key in his hand to Kyuhyun, who suddenly looked really sad.
   Ryeowook sighed and looked back on the key, as Kyuhyun suddenly laid his hands on Ryeowook's shoulders to pull him closely.
   "Kyu...hyun...", Ryeowook only managed to say before Kyuhyun closed his eyes and kissed Ryeowook gently. Ryeowook's heart warmed up and started beating quickly. 
   "Farewell", Kyuhyun said as he let go of Ryeowook again and he looked with a sad glance to him, "You should just forget about me." Kyuhyun grabbed the key, but Ryeowook didn't let go of it, and as he looked sadly down, Ryeowook quietly started crying. Then Ryeowook suddenly let go of the key and ran out of the greenhouse and Kyuhyun looked after him, fighting against his own tears.
   "I'm sorry, Ryeowook..."
    Yesung was waiting the whole night in the room for his friend to come back. He decided to go to Siwon to refuse his request of entering the Wang election, because he didn't want to hurt Ryeowook even more. In the morning he was about to leave the room, as Ryeowook finally came back.
   "Wookie... where have you been? I was so worried?", Yesung said and hugged Ryeowook tightly as he came in.
   "I'm sorry, hyung. So many things happened."
   "No, I'm sorry, Wookie. If was my fault, that things turned out like this", Yesung said.
   "What do you mean? Yesung hyung didn't do anything wrong."
   "No, I'll go to Siwon-sshi right now to refuse the request.", Yesung told him, but Ryeowook shook his head.
   "Let's enter... the Wang election."
   "Ryeowook?"
   "As Jaeneung's representatives... you see, I feel a lot better after crying all night. I think, I can forget about the Wang. I don't like being in the same position forever... It's no good to always dwell on the past. I have to let myself take a step forward, that's how the world will change", Ryeowook talked, trying to hide his hurt expression as he suddenly felt, how Yesung hugged him from behind, "So will you go with me?"
   "Yes..."
   Kyuhyun was standing in his room and looked out of the window, while Siwon was standing behind him.
   "I see... those two...", Kyuhyun talked with a depressed expression.
   "Yes, they just told me", Siwon said.
   "You won this time."
   "It's all thanks to you. Now we have a winning chance", Siwon explained, but Kyuhyun didn't show any reaction like Siwon expected. The Wang just stared out of the window. "We have a lof of work waiting for us. They'll have to announce it in front of the entire school. Well then, excuse me."
   Siwon went out of the room and as soon as he left the room, he heard how glass broke into pieces and suddenly loud noises came out of Kyuhyun's room. He ran back and bangeed against the door and shouted for Kyuhyun, but his friend didn't opened the door. 
   Kyuhyun first threw the key against the window, so that it broke into pieces. Then he grabbed everything he got in his hands and threw it through the room. He broke the wooden chair and even ripped the pillows into pieces. In the end, also the vase broke into pieces and Kyuhyun's room was a total mess.
   "Kyuhyun!", Siwon yelled and banged against the door, "What happened? Kyuhyun? KYUHYUN! What's going on? Open the door, Kyuhyun! Hey, what's the matter? Tell me what's wrong!"
   Siwon yelled as loud as he could, but Kyuhyun didn't answer. The Wang was leaning against the door and held the door knot tightly, so that Siwon wasn't able to enter the room, because he didn't want to be seen like this. He cried and was a mess like his room. His hand were bloody from the broke pieces of the vase and the window.
   "YA! KYUHYUN! WHAT'S GOIN ON?"
   "It's nothing", Kyuhyun said quietly, but still it was loud enough for Siwon to hear it.
   "Kyuhyun?", Siwon stopped banging against the door. He wasn't a fool and knew his friend well. He knew, that Kyuhyun was crying.
   "You can go back now... go back...", Kyuhyun said with a thin voice before he slid down on the ground, trying to hold himself on the wall, so it became smudged with the blood from his hand.
   It was over now. He sent Ryeowook away, who now would enter the Wang election with someone else. He lost. He lost the fight for the one and only boy, he ever really loved.