Ring of Fate

Inculpable Panic!

   The Wang election came nearer and nearer. For Siwon there were only Jaeneungs' member who could win the election so that the Wang would be still from Jaeneung, which was actually the oldest acadamy on Mt. Sam. Ryeowook and Yesung stood in their ceremony suits on the stage in the great hall, where Siwon trained them for the election. They had to learn the ceremonial dance, which they had to dance together. Never before Ryeowook had to learn a dance like this and everything confused the transfer student easily. The music, the rhythm, the moves. Over and over again they had to dance from the beginning until Siwon stopped the music and corrected them again.
   "You fall behind. Stay in rhythm more", Siwon said loudly while he observed the two younger students from aside and Ryeowook stepped almost on Yesung's feet, causing the two to fall down on the ground.
   "I'm sorry", Ryeowook talked quietly with a shaking voice.
   "I'm alright", Yesung smiled, "Are you okay?"
   "The dance is the important finale of the Wang election", Siwon explained and stepped closer to the two students, "Do you guys understand now that it has to be perfect? If you do, then stand up immediatly. Stop wasting time."
   "Yes", the two roommates nodded and stood up to keep practising the dance quickly.
   "This is no good", Siwon talked loudly and shook his head, causing Ryeowook to doubt his own decision, but he wanted to do it for Yesung, "Your breathing is all off since you aren't putting your feelings into it. We will practice tomorrow again. But before the two of you reach a certain level of grace, we won't announce that you two are entering the election. You two have to keep this a secret, too."
   Siwon sent the two boys off to change back into their school uniforms again, before Siwon headed back to the dorms. He had something important to discuss with Kyuhyun, although he already knew that the Wang wouldn't like to hear his words. The student council president entered Kyuhyun's room without knocking, because lately Kyuhyun often didn't let him enter and because Siwon didn't want to stand in front of the door again, he just came in, although it was against his usual well-behaved personality.
   "Coach? You want me to be their coach?", Kyuhyun asked after Siwon explained him what he wanted to do.
   "Yes, we don't have any time left", Siwon added, "I want you to help me."
Kyuhyun turned away from Siwon, who stood in front of the window and looked outside to wittness the first, slowly falling snow. If he would help them for the Wang election, wouldn't he do something against his own will, because he didn't want Ryeowook to enter. But if he would help Siwon, he could be near the small boy without getting in an awkward situation because Yesung would be there too.
   "I need you especially for Ryeowook-sshi, he's in a bad shape", Siwon spoke, "It'll be though to polish him into a gem before the Wang election... In any case, those two are working hard and just because Donghae-sshi and Eunhyuk-sshi's announcement for the Wang election has been delayed, it dosen't mean they aren't tough rivals anymore. Please think about it." After the president finished his words and left his friend behind, that Kyuhyun could think about it clearly.
   "You want me to be their coach...", the Wang talked to himself, "To nurture him into the Wang..."

   Eunhyuk sat next to the bedside, holding Donghae's hand tightly, while his head laid on the bed, where Donghae was resting, with Kris and Chanyeol standing behind him. They waited for Donghae to wake up again after the Prince of Jihye had an accident. Someone manipulated Donghae's saddle, which caused Donghae to fall down from Nemo while the daily training. He had hit his head badly although he wore his helmet.
   "Eunhyuk... it's late already, you should get some sleep soon", Kris talked calmly but in a strict way, because he didn't want his friend to faint soon as well.
   "I'm fine. I'll stay here until Donghae-seonbae wakes up", Eunhyuk said with a said voice, "I want to stay here, please let me stay."
   "I understand your feelings, but if Donghae-sshi wakes up while you have fallen unconscious, it'll be meaningless", Kris explained and laid his hand on his friend's shoulder, "President Chanyeol will help you look over him, so you can come back tomorrow."
   "Please listen to Kris", Chanyeol added worried and unwillingly Eunhyuk stood up and as Eunhyuk was about to leave, Donghae slowly opened his eyes.
   "Dong... Donghae-seonbae", Eunhyuk said in a disbelieving tone.
   "What happened?", Donghae asked and sat up slowly, while holding his head, which ached a lot.
   "How do you feel, Donghae-ah?", Chanyeol asked.
   "How I feel? My head hurts... Ah right, I fell from Nemo", Donghae talked calmly.
   "Thank goodness. I wouldn't have known what I'd done if you never woke up", Eunhyuk said with a relieved smile on his lips but Donghae gave Eunhyuk just a confused glance.
   "I'm sorry to have worried you", Donghae spoke and turned to the edge of the bed to leave to room, causing the three students in front of him to give Donghae some worried glances.
   "Maybe you should rest a bit more?", Chanyeol said.
   "I'm fine. Thank you for your troubles", Donghae talked confidently like usual, while he took on his jacket, which laid over a chair next to the bed.
   "Alright, so it'll be fine if we do the announcement tomorrow right?", Chanyeol asked.
   "Announcement? What are you talking about?", Donghae asked back and turned to his student council president after he took on his jacket and fixed it.
   "Eh? What are you saying? The Wang election announcement of course", Chanyeol said confused, while Kris and Eunhyuk exchanged confused looks before nodding in agreement with their president.
   "I'm entering the Wang election?", Donghae asked coldly before he laughed to himself, "Stop joking around. I told you I wasn't interested. I don't even have a suitable partner."
   Eunhyuk's eyes grew big in shock when he looked after Donghae, who was leaving the room, while Chanyeol tried to exlpain him everything, but Donghae didn't want to hear anything anymore.
   "Why... Donghae-ah...", Eunhyuk talked to himself and before he fainted, Kris was able to catch his friend to support him.

   Ryeowook and Yesung met with Siwon at the great hall on the next day after their lessons were over. The two friends heard about the incident with Donghae and Eunhyuk and although the doctors said Donghae's condition was just a temporarily one, they felt bad for them.
   "You want to visit him?", Siwon asked disbelieving.
   "They both looked terrible this morning, it may not be right for us to enter like this", Yesung explained and Ryeowook nodded. They didn't want to enter the Wang election when Donghae and Eunhyuk weren't able to enter as well.
   "So that's why you weren't focusing on practice?", Siwon asked and the two students nodded, "I understand what you're saying but stop fooling around. I knew about Donghae-sshi already but that has nothing to do with you. If the two of you drop out, there won't be a Wang election this year and I won't allow such a desecration of traditions to happen. In any case, no matter what happens, you two have to enter the Wang election."
   Ryeowook and Yesung nodded. They didn't talk much while practising and even after they reached their room at the dorms the two roommates weren't as talkative as usual.
   "He sure has a fearsome aura", Yesung suddenly came up as he laid on his bed.
   "That's why he's the demonic Wang trainer", Ryeowook giggled before he turned his head to face Yesung, whose bed was on the other side of the room, before he talked in a calm tone, "Hey, Yesung hyung, why does Siwon-sshi take this so seriously?"
   "Well I think he wants the Wang to be from Jaeneung."
   "Is that all?", Ryeowook asked but Yesung only shrugged because he didn't know why Siwon wanted them to be Wang so badly.
In the meanwhile was Kyuhyun sitting in the greenhouse. He was thinking about Siwon´s request to train Ryeowook and Yesung to enter the election as he remembered a converstion he once had with the small boy when he saw a flower bloom. "These flowers... they will die soon", he had said but Ryeowook just smiled and shook his head. "No. They will definitely bloom into beautiful flowers again", the small boy had said. And Kyuhyun gazed at the flowers.
   "He was right... they bloomed..."
It was a short night for many of them, while Eunhyuk tried to warm up Donghae's heart again, so that his seonbae would remember him and Kyuhyun was thinking about everything he did wrong, Ryeowook thought all night long if it was right to enter the Wang election.
   On the next morning the small boy already sat on the edge of the stage to wait for Yesung and Siwon to start with the training again. "The reason for choosing Yesung hyung and me for the Wang election...", Ryeowook talked to himself, because he still didn't find out about it, "Why must there be pairs for the election?"
   "Wookie", Yesung said as he entered the hall to catch his friends attention, "Siwon-sshi will be a bit late because of student council activities."
   "Okay, but hyung why must there be pairs for the Wang election?", Ryeowook asked, "Isn't one person enough? What do you think hyung?"
   "Well I think it's because humans aren't able to support themselves", Yesung answered.
   "Support themselves?"
   "Yes, the Wang symbolizes everyone's feelings and everyone's glorious existence. Sometimes they're kind and sometimes they're stern. They're life's examples and lead us on our way. But we can't say that they're perfect, that's why they have a partner", Yesung explained.
   "I'm always asking Yesung hyung to help me", Ryeowook said with a smile.
   "That's not true. That's actually what I think after you entered Jaeneung", Yesung added and grabbed Ryeowook's hand, "I'm always under Ryeowookie's care, too. That's when I realized it; Humans can't be by themselves. They must help each other to survive."
   "I see, that's why the Wang consists of two people", Ryeowook smiled, "They help each other and take care of each other in order to live."
   Suddenly Kyuhyun appeared on the stage, the Wang actually stood between the curtains and listened to their conversation from the very beginning. He understood that there was only one way for him to go on. He would train them for the Wang election in order to see the small boy more often until he had his graduation soon.
   "Oh, Kyuhyun-sshi", Ryeowook quickly said after he noticed the Wang.
   "What are you doing?", Kyuhyun asked in a cold way, "It's time for special training. Get on the stage right away!"
   Ryeowook and Yesung exchanged confused looks before Ryeowook turned back to Kyuhyun and gave him a confident smile. "Okay!", Ryeowook said loudly, stood up and walked to Kyuhyun.
   "You have decided to enter the Wang election, right?", Kyuhyun talked and his voice had changed into a soft one suddenly, while he laid his hands on the small boy's cheeks and Ryeowook nodded, "Then you have to be decisive."
   "Kyu... Kyuhyun...", Ryeowook said nervously while he blushed.
   "Become the Wang, Ryeowook", Kyuhyun added and looked straight into Ryeowook's eyes, which grew big in surprise, "No, you have to become the Wang because you have chosen that path, that's why!"
   Ryeowook nodded and gave Kyuhyun a confident look. Although the transfer student didn't find an answer himself yet, the Wang, his beloved Kyuhyun gave him an answer.
   Kyuhyun on the other hand had to fight against his own craving for kissing Ryeowook right now. But he was sure that there were no future for them, especially not after he messed up so badly about the Sungmin story and hurt Ryeowook so much.
   "Alright", Kyuhyun clapped his hands loudly and turned to Ryeowook and Yesung, who stood in front of him, wearing their ceremony suits already, "We don't have much time. Let's begin."
   The two students started dancing while Kyuhyun observed everything and gave them some advancement from aside just like Siwon did. "I will have you guys... No, I'll have Ryeowook to become the Wang", Kyuhyun thought, "That's my last mission as Wang before I will leave forever."

 

Finally an update!!!
I'm so sorry that it took soo long >< I feel so bad but I had so much to do for university u.u
But I will try to finish this story for you in the next 12 days before I'm going to China, because I don't know if I will be able to upload something while I'm there... <.<
Anyway, I hope you liked the update so far... I know you guys want KyuWook at the end but remember the story isn't over yet!!^^
Your Jihoo