Eat My Heart, Eat My Soul

Russian Roulette

 

“You don’t seriously trust him do you?” Leo snarls once N had left, carrying Ravi’s corpse.

“And if I do?” Ken smirks.

“I thought you were smarter than that. He just killed Ravi, for no reason!”

“No reason? He was going to turn us in. N just did what he had to, whatever he does is in our best interest,” Ken exasperates.

“Do you have any idea how stupid you are?! You’re just following him around like a lost puppy. Just because he treats you like his favourite doesn’t mean he cares about you! He’s just using you!”  Leo exclaims, finally venting his pent up frustrations.

Ken pauses briefly before responding, “How would you even know?”

“How do I know? You make it so obvious! You follow him around like a sheep would its shepherd.“

“Just because I trust in his judgement doesn’t make me stupid. What makes you think that you’re any better than him anyway? This whole time you haven’t done , at least N is trying!”

“Trying? Since when is shooting someone tryi-“ Leo is cut off by N slamming the door open.

N takes a moment to glance at each of them, “Is there a problem here?”

Leo glares at him before looking away and mutters under his breath, “I think we all know who the problem is.”

“I don’t want to hear this pathetic arguing. This all ends here, no more deaths, no more violence and no more arguing. There are only three of us left. The least we can do is protect each other. Is that really so much to ask?” N asks softly.

“Just tell me....Why did you kill him? There were other ways to handle it.”

N sighs and bites his inner cheek, trying to hold back his tears, “I...I don’t know. I panicked, I was so scared......I’m sorry.”

“So killing him was your answer?”

“Please don’t.....’” N whimpers, tears beginning to flood his eyes.

“You expect me to sympathise with you? You think you can just apologise and everything will be okay?” Leo cries out in furry.

“I’m sorry....so very sorry. I’m nothing but a monster, I didn’t even think and now Ravi’s dead.....by my hands,” N cries softly before kicking over a nearby chair, “I’m an idiot! I killed him, he trusted me and how did I repay him, with a bullet in his back?!”

“N, calm down. What’s done is done, no matter how much you apologise and no matter how much the guilt and regret may be eating at you, nothing can be done. It’s in the past now,” Ken finally speaks before turning to Leo, “And you, stop attacking him. He may have done wrong but you aren’t innocent either. We’ve all killed, we’ve all done the unimaginable but destroying each other will get us nowhere.”

Leo drops to his knees, hiding his tears by burying his face into the carpet, “I’m sorry....I’m just so tired....tired of this....tired of everything. I don’t want to fight anymore.”

There is a long silence, each of them too lost in their own thoughts to speak. Ken finally makes his way over to Leo who is now quietly crying into his hands. Ken wraps his arms around his shoulders, pulling him into his chest. Ken starts to feel a moist sensation on his chest where Leo’s tears had soaked through the thin cotton of his shirt.

“It’s over now. The only thing left to do is dispose of the gun. The police will leave us alone eventually, we’ll be a peace again soon enough,” Ken whispers softly into Leo’s hair.

“The end is finally approaching,” N speaks as he watches the two of them quietly comfort each other.



 

N is right, the end is approaching. I suspect only 2-3 more chapter left. Did anyone see VIXX's new MV for On and On? Oh god it was amazing *drools*