Without Wings

Without Wings

[[ Jae Hwa's POV ]]

 

 There he is again,  taking the garbage out of his house,with his gummy smile, his loud laughter, his fearless face, everything about him is perfect. I quickly closed my curtains when I saw him turned around and face the direction of my window. Did he felt that I was staring at him?

 

My heart raced a bit when I imagined a scene where me and him are strolling down the road towards the park, hands intertwined together while we both laugh at each other’s story, that scene made me smile, but after a few seconds, that smile turned into a bitter one. There’s no way he can like me ….

 

I closed my eyes as I slowly went towards the kitchen, I reached for the refrigerator’s handle and opened its door. The soft cold breeze touched my cheeks which made me close my eyes again, after that I took a bottle of water and uncapped it.

 

 Thoughts about him intruded my mind again, which made me cough and choke all the water that I drank. I hit my chest for some relief and placed the uncapped bottle on a nearby surface. I sighed and pursed my lips into a thin line because I felt pathetic again … Trapped in a one sided love ….

 

I left the kitchen and went back to the window, I slid my hand making the curtains move to take a peek outside, and unfortunately I didn’t saw him. “Maybe .. he already went inside …” Sadness was present in my voice, I may look like a creep but that’s the only thing I can do, to steal glances of him.

 

I leaned my back on the chair and covered my face with my hands, if only I can talk to him, I will really do it, if only I have enough courage to face him I would’ve already talked to him, but all of these are things which I don’t have … and maybe … never will.

 

I opened my diary and started writing things inside it, things like Yongguk maybe knew that I was watching him … will he hate me now? Or Yongguk will surely detest me after knowing that I was watching him. Practically my diary has Yongguk’s name in every page.

 

I closed my notebook and slid in inside my blanket that are placed on my lap. The whole place is in deep silence, I can almost hear the ticking sound of the clock from the other room. I raised my head and stare at the picture on top of the table, my parent’s picture. Umma .. Appa … I miss you guys …

 

This is my boring life, a life where time ticks in a very slow manner. My name is Cho Jae Hwa, the only Cho living in this household, a female, a lover of a guy named Yongguk and -----

 

*Ding Dong

 

The doorbell rang causing it to wake me from the trance I was in. I went towards the door and opened it.

 

“Yes ---“ I was dumbfounded at the guy in front of me, it was him … the guy that I love, the guy that I only see from the other part of the window, the only guy that caught my attention. Yongguk.

 

“Uhh Hello, I just want to ask you if you have some … well … a broom?” He smiled awkwardly as he turn his head away from me, he was scratching the back of his head too, that scene made my heart flutter and made the butterflies inside my stomach twirl and swirl like a whirlwind.

 

“Y-yes … c-c-come in.” I stuttered because of the nervousness I felt, i moved a bit to make a space so that he can enter my house. Oh right did I forgot to tell you that … I’m also physically disabled … I can’t walk.

 

 



Author's note

Its short because its only an intro chapter ^^; so how was it?

Good bad ugly?

OTL T^T thanks for reading ^^;

sorry if i disappoint you T^T