2-Everything's a Blur

I Remember Everything

 

“Clean it up.”

“Wha-what?”

“Clean it up,” Kris looked towards Tao with beady eyes. Tao looked back at him in disbelief; he was baffled. Why would a person he just met ask Tao to clean their shirt? What is he supposed to clean it with? There are no towels to dry it with in the bathroom and there is no way Tao is going to go get some. But, being the way he is, Tao started to panic. He didn’t want to start on the wrong foot at a new school.

“Fine!” Tao’s face flushed with how loud, and squeaky, his voice sounded like, “Take of your shi-shirt.”

“What?” Now it was Kris’ time to get surprised.

“Just take it off,” Tao’s face morphed into a brighter shade of red, his cheeks puffing out due to the frustration and the dizzy feeling in his head. Breathe ZiTao, breathe.

“Don’t get weird thoughts, I’m going to dry it out. I..I’ll wash it up at home or something and give it to you tomorrow…or something,” Tao’s voice was barely audible, but Kris sighted at his answer. I guess I went a little too far with this joke, Kris thought.

“Look, I was kidd-“

“In the meantime, just wear my shirt, okay? I’m pretty sure I won’t get in any trouble for wearing a tank top under a jacket,” Tao tugged at the sleeve of his cameo jacket, looked down at his worn out shoes as he blew the bangs out from his face in frustration.

“No, it’s alright. I don’t mind that my shi-hey, what are you doing? No, put your shirt back on! No, stop-“

“It’s okay, let me take care of it-“

“I don’t mind about my shirt. You might get sick without wearing your shirt!”

“I have this, it’s okay,” Tao pointed to his jacket, but that didn’t stop Kris from nagging at the younger. He kept tugging the shirt back on Tao, but Tao took it off as soon as Kris put it back on him. The jacket was thrown down on the floor in a careless manner and if it were up to somebody else, they might think the blonde was trying to stop his testosterone crazed boyfriend from humping him right then and there.

“Just, stop!” Kris’ voice bellowed over the noir-haired teen’s whining. His mouth hanged wide open, the shirt hanged above his naval, but the tank top was still on and Tao itched to take it off because he hated wearing so many layers at once.

“Oh, but do go on-this is quite intriguing. Mind if I join in?” both heads turned to the bathroom door and stared at the half-lidded, lightly tanned skin teenager. He cocked his head up in an amused manner; his smirk widened as the other two’s eyes widened more and more as the clock ticked.

“JongIn?” Kris gasped as Tao’s girly shrill echoed in the blue-tiled bathroom. JongIn’s smirk was still plastered on his face while he s a hand through his hair, and his eyes stared down at the two who seemed to be ‘undressing’ themselves…or that’s how it seemed in JongIn’s eyes.

“Well don’t mine me,” JongIn swept right past them, not forgetting to drag his fingers lazily in Kris’ blonde hair, “I’m just here to wash my hands, unless you really do want me to join in.”

“It’s not what it looks like!” Tao interjected, standing right back up as he tried to calm down his heart before it jumped out of his body.

“Oh?”

“I spilled grape juice on his shirt and he-“

“Just save the explanation,” Kris whispered into Tao’s ear, sending shivers down his spine. Tao was about to question the older, but Kris walked towards JongIn to tell him they’ll talk later.

“And to think I found something fun to play with,” JongIn whined. He his heels and stepped out of the washroom.

--

                Kris didn’t know how the younger managed to persuade him to come with him to go to his house. Between the desperate pleas and the buing buing, Kris couldn’t handle it anymore; he just had to leave from the wondering eyes in the hallway. Even though he might be best friends with the Oh Sehun, Kris never missed a day of school, but here he is at Tao’s humble home. Kris’ feet tapped on the wooden floor to the beat of the laundry spinning around and around in the dryer. Even his eyes followed the blur of colors.

                “Hey, want a coke?” Kris jolted off of the cardboard box and landed on the floor with a thud. Tao laughed, throwing his head back as if this was the most hilarious thing in the world. His Adam’s apple moved up and down and Kris felt himself intrigued by how beautiful it was. It wasn’t like he had a for necks, but Tao just seemed so downright beautiful. To Kris, beautiful wasn’t the correct word. He thought Tao was exquisite with his cat like eyes, peachy lips, a sharp neckline, and his collarbones peeking out from his v-neck shirt. Tao seemed like he would slip right out of his hands if he tried to catch him, but his crooked nose reminded Kris that he was just as human as Kris is.

                “Gege, I only put a coke bottle on your cheek. I’m sure it wasn’t that cold.”

                “Gege?”

                “I can call you that, right?”

                “Yeah, but how-“

                “You sort of slipped some curse words in our native language when we were in the bathroom after JongIn, or whatever his name is, came in. Gege, who was that?”

                “JongIn? He’s an old friend of mine,” from the looks of it, Kris could guess that Tao was infatuated by the caramel-skinned boy. It was something he wasn’t surprised by though-everyone is obsessed with JongIn.

                “But I should advise you: don’t call JongIn by his real name. Call him Kai if you see him.”

                “Why, Gege?”

                “He…just don’t okay? Don’t ask questions,” the blonde’s gaze turned stone-cold as Tao slightly pouted, putting his head on the palm of his hand as he, too, stared at the dryer. The blonde was expecting this to happen, but not so quickly. He thought that maybe, just maybe, he could get under the younger’s skin, but it didn’t happen. What’s there to question now? This is only the beginning of the story; there’s so much time left.

                But there’s only so much time before they grow up to become adults. There’s only so much time until their memories as teenagers blur together like the clothes in the dryer.

A/N: So here's the new chapter as promised:) Sorry about any grammar/spelling errors-it's past one in the morning and I came home at midnight after picking up relatives from the states and I had a concert and it's just been a long day so please understand.

Some of you have been asking me if there's going to be any KaiTao in this story and yes, there is going to be KaiTao in this story! It's just that I'm getting the storyline started so it's focusing more on Tao/Kris rather than Tao/Kai and the other OTPs that are going to be in this story!

Comment below and tell me what you think:)

With love,

your author xx