6-There's Always A New Beginning To An Ending.

I Remember Everything

 

JongIn’s eyes fluttered open, meeting eye to eye with a smirking boy with a bedhead hovering over him. His fingers trailed down JongIn’s arm, tracing each vein, each scar and mole. Jongdae’s fingers were rough, thick, and something so familiar that if someone were to blind fold JongIn and touched him, he would recognize it if it were Jongdae’s.

“What are you thinking about,” Jongdae’s voice filled JongIn’s ears. It sounded like the sweetest melody, the greatest song in the world.

“You,” He felt Jongdae smile in the kiss. It didn’t have any hint of lust or dirty passion, but of love and care.

“Come eat breakfast with me,” Jongdae flipped to the side, putting on a shirt in the process, and walked towards the door. JongIn swore he saw Jongdae sway his hips back and forth. Huh, that dancing machine.

Instead of accepting the invitation by walking to the kitchen, JongIn opted to plop back to the bed. He wasn’t bothered by how the blankets only hid his hips down; he enjoyed the cool air hitting his chest as if to cool his thoughts off, too. He wondered if all of this was going to end once school started. Would Jongdae stop and take his time to talk to him in the hallway even if JongIn was hanging out with his friends? Would he say hello? Would he at least look at him? JongIn hated himself for thinking like this. It’s normal, he guesses, because his lover (should JongIn still call Jongdae a lover?) doesn’t want anyone to know his uality, especially if his parents don’t approve. There would be a riot if the school found the ace of the football team kissing the football coach’s son under the bleachers. Not that it would ever happen because he can’t stand to look at cigarette butts on the ground, let alone think about being under the bleachers (you never know what you can find. There was this one time Baekhyun sat under the bleachers. One minute he was fine, the next thing he knew, he had gum stuck in his hair).   

He let his mind wander off, not wanting to be bothered by useless ones because no matter how much he thinks about it, it only wastes money and hurts his head. JongIn ignores Chen calling his name. He pretends he is sleeping, letting his arm cover his eyes and placing himself in pitch darkness. The younger of the two sighed softly in relief when he heard the door close shut after a while. He stays in his position for a minute or two before peeking over his arm to make sure Jongdae wasn’t in the room.

He wasn’t. JongIn feels a ton of weight from his shoulders lift.

Jongdae doesn’t press any accusations to JongIn. Jongdae knows he’s been troubled with trying to balance football and dance lessons while squeezing in time for homework and his extreme social life which, sometimes, drives JongIn up the wall. He presses the cup to his lips, letting the aroma waft to his nose. He sits there, not even bothering to turn towards JongIn. JongIn walks past Jongdae without passing any words to him, which aggravates Jongdae more than he already is, but Jongdae doesn’t say anything because he has to stay as the most perfect boyfriend he can and to never upset JongIn. He just doesn’t want to upset JongIn in any way possible.

“I’m leaving,” JongIn finally spoke, making Jongdae to turn towards the door.

“I can see that.”

“Thanks for last night.” The two let the silence linger between them. They don’t press each other to speak or criticize whatever they may have done or try to bring up casual conversation. It’s not until what feels like an eternity (alright, it was two minutes) that Jongdae slips his thoughts from his mind to his mouth.

“You talk like I was a one night stand, like you’re never going to see me.”

“Sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize.”

“Sorry. I mean, okay,” JongIn breaks into a quick smile.

“Jongdae,” the younger pauses to hear the older hum in response, “What are we?” Jongdae repeats the question after hearing it, and then lets it echo in his mind.

What are we?

What are we?

What are we?

Well, Jongdae thinks they are lovers. Then again, they don’t act like a couple when they’re around other people so they could just be friends. buddies? Nah, Jongdae thinks, not that. He swore to himself he would be in such a relationship as disgusting as that.

“I don’t know,” was the final answer from Kim Jongdae.

“I guess we’re on a break.” With that, JongIn steps out of the house, trying to not slam the door shut and to not get the tears to fall.

--

Click, click, click.

Pause.

Click, click, click.

Pause.

Tao looked at the time. It was ten minutes before Kris was coming over his house. He typed away as fast as he could on the computer. He was typing a reply to an e-mail he got from his friend back in China. Apparently, Xuimin, his friend, was also coming to the international school he was going to as an exchange student and he needed a friend to stay with. Tao was glad to help and so was his mom. His mom adored Xuimin and when Tao told her the news, she was so thrilled that she jumped up and down as she clapped her hands. Of course, she turned back to the ‘cool mom,’ she is and told him yes, Xuimin can come and stay. Plus, it’d be nice to have a familiar face around this new country. Maybe it’ll make Tao smile more, too.

There was a knock at the door after Tao sent the e-mail. He hollered come in in his native tongue, not bothering to look over his shoulder to see who it was. He regretted doing that, though.

Because soon enough, he felt two arms snake around him in a tight hug.

“Who-oh, it’s you, gege,” Tao rolled his eyes at Kris’ very visible pout. He stared at Tao with his puppy dog eyes as he slowly let go of Tao.

“Kris, please don’t be like that. If you want something, then you should go for it.” Soon enough, Kris hugged Tao again, looking straight at the computer screen in front of him.

“Oh, someone’s coming over?”

“Mm, yeah. Xuimin’s flying in next Friday as an exchange student. Why are you still hugging me?”

“Wait, Xuimin? That’s a boy name,” Kris muttered under his breath, eyeing the screen with so much hate.

“So? What, you expect a girl to come live with me? Come on, Kris, you should know that wouldn’t happen. And you didn’t answer my question”

“No, I mean-well, yeah,” Kris gave up at his explanation. How could he explain to Tao he wouldn’t want a guy living with him because it makes him jealous?

“Xuimin’s been wanting to do this for a while anyway. Something about wanting to date foreign girls and enjoy life outside of China. You know, he speaks better Korean than Chinese?”

“You implied he’s from China, though. And you also told me if I wanted something, I should go for it.” Tao grinned.

“Yeah, but his family’s originally from Korea. He was getting better at Chinese around the time I was getting ready to leave. I wonder how he’s doing now.”

“You’ll know when he gets here, right? And why are we still talking about him? Let’s go outside, I want to talk to you about something,” Kris let go of Tao for a brief moment so he could get out of his chair and grab a coat. As soon as he put his coat on, Kris took Tao by the hand and led him out of the house.

The ground was covered in white, dazzling snow and it seemed to stretch throughout the whole country, maybe the whole nation. It looked endless. It looked perfect in Tao’s eyes.

Kris’ height was the only advantage he had when he was near Tao. Tao was always witty and quick with his comebacks, always teasing the older when he had the chance. Even if he did play around with Kris, he still liked to spoil him from time to time by showing loving affection, which mostly ended up with him being pampered by Kris.

The blonde looked down to the younger and saw how flushed his cheeks were, his nose too.

“You didn’t bring a hat?”

“I don’t like it when my hair gets messed up,” Tao stuck his hands in his pocket, trying to regain even the smallest bit of warmth. Kris seemed to notice Tao’s chattering teeth, too, and he took Tao’s right hand with his left and stuck it in his pocket.

“What are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m holding your hand,” Kris snapped, “Here’s my other glove for your other hand. Wear it, okay?”

“Okay, this is going to look weird though.”

They kept walking until they reached a small café. They were greeted by one of Kris’ friends. Kris smiled, nodding his head to a corner. The waiter let him go to where he wanted to go. Of course he would; this was one of the few stores Kris’ dad’s company owned. They brewed coffee for a living and they received good money. What more could they ask for?

“So, what was it you wanted to talk about?” Tao asked as he stripped off his many layers of clothing.

“What are you doing on New Year’s Day?” Kris crossed his arms on the table.

“Spending time with my family. You?”

“Do you think you could spend it with me?”

“Why?”

“My parents aren’t going to be in town for a while and won’t be back until the seventh. I was hoping I could spend it with somebody.”

“You know what? Why don’t you spend it with my family? It’d be more fun than just the two of us, right?” Tao’s eyes gleamed brightly and Kris couldn’t get himself to oppose. He wanted to spend time with Tao and get to know him on a personal level, but maybe being with a lot of people would be a better idea.

“Yeah, why not? I think it’d be more fun that way, too,” Kris smiled and his smile grew bigger when he hear Tao giggle in glee.

“Oh, you can meet Xuimin, too!” Oh great, Kris thinks, another guy is here to ruin his chance.

a/n: Happy New Year! I don’t know if it’s 2013 where you live, but where I live, it is! It’s 3AM in the morning and I managed to write all of this (hoping there aren’t any grammar/spelling errors and if there are, I apologize!) for you guys:)

I know, there’s kaitao as a tag and I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE it’s going to happen. I’m just letting it happen later on…maybe at the end of January you’ll realize it’s slowly drifting to KaiTao (omomomomo, a spoiler gift for you because it’s New Years^^)

Thanks for showing all your support and love for this fic! Don’t forget, comments are welcome:)