16-A Change

I Remember Everything

            “So you did the deed with him, right?” Chen nudged his chin upwards towards the jet-black haired boy who was currently kicking the black and white soccer ball to one of his teammates. The boy brought the end of his shirt to his face, wiping the dripping sweat away. He flashed a smile to Chen and Kai before going back into practice. If it wasn’t for Kai and Chen being on the soccer team, Tao wouldn’t have joined. Yes, football season was over way back in the year and Kai resorted into joining the soccer team. He hates to admit it, but he loves soccer and seeing Tao sweating makes Kai feel hotter than usual.

            “I-what? Why should I even tell you?” Kai snorts, waving a hand in the air to cool down. He thinks how strange it is for an American school to even offer soccer at a time like this because it’s too hot to be outside, but the team can’t play in the gym because that’s not where soccer players play. The coach would always say, ‘We have to play outside just in case it rains during our game or it’s blazing hot like this and…’ Like Kai actually cared. He joined because he wants a scholarship when he goes to college; isn’t that why most kids do extracurricular activities outside of school anyway?

            “You should tell me the truth. It’s clearly written all over your face.”

            “Is not.”

            “It is! I can feel your pheromones vibrating from your body saying, no, practically begging for Tao to come and blow you again.”

            “God shut up Chen. You’re such a douche,” Jongin shoved his ex to the corner of the bench. Chen only returned a goofy smile like he always does, causing Jongin to wonder why the hell he went out with this douchebag of an artist in the first place.

            “Why are you even on the soccer team? Shouldn’t you be in the art room balancing your paintbrushes and pens and ?”

            “Yeah, but I have a goal to make by being a member of this team,” Chen slapped his knee at the joke he made, earning an eye roll from Kai. “See that guy over there? Number 5.”

            “Are you talking about Xuimin?”

            “Yeah! I’m trying to be friends with that guy. I heard that he’s a friend of Tao’s and he’s living with him right now. Plus, he’s new so I’m sure he needs a friend.”

            “No wonder you were so hyped up when you two were partnered as practice partners,” Kai muttered, but quickly scoffed, “Knowing you, I’m pretty sure you’re trying to get into his pants.”

            “Maybe, maybe not.”

            “Maybe not, my ,” Kai stood up, walking towards the field once he heard his coach yelling at him for sitting on the sidelines when he was the ‘star of the team.’

            “Kim Jongin, maybe you need to get your ideas about me out of your head and start new!”

            “Maybe you need to get your kicked because all the things you’re planning are never going to happen!”

            “Then let’s make a bet. I bet $25 that Xuimin and I will become the best of buddies by the end of next week,” Chen placed his hand on Kai’s shoulder, pushing him lightly onto the green field.”

            “You’re so on.”

--

            Like any other school day, Monday was a bore and today was no exception for anyone. Luhan was nowhere to be found, causing panic to streak over Suho, but Sehun knew who he was with and it made him cringe with disgust. Luhan’s his own brother, yet he’d rather have him happy than sacrifice himself by going out with that good-for-nothing delinquent.

            “Don’t worry hyung, I know where he is,” Sehun stabbed his lunch, cheek resting on his hand and looking at the far side of the cafeteria wall.

            “You do? You should’ve told me earlier!” Suho half-shouted and half-whispered because he didn’t want everyone in the cafeteria to turn towards him more than they were. After Sehun blatantly confessed that Luhan was his boyfriend a few months ago and, shortly afterwards, started going out with Suho, it seemed as if the whole student body was aching to find out more about Sehun’s affairs. Suho sighed; Sehun wasn’t responding no matter how many vegetables he was throwing at him.

            “Sehun, is something wrong?” Suho was still throwing pieces of his lunch while being stared at by an amused Kris, Tao, Chen, and Xuimin.

            “Nothing is wrong,” his boyfriend replied through clenched teeth.

            “What’s got your in a bunch, boy?” Chen poked Sehun’s arm whilst putting his hat on Sehun. Sehun scowled, tossing the hat across the table to whoever was sitting in front of him. He let Suho hug him for a while, his hands felt comforting on Sehun’s back. Shortly after, Suho said his goodbyes-something about having to go study for his next class. Typical Suho.

            “You know, if you keep your act up your boyfriend might decide you leave you,” Chen flicked Sehun’s forehead. Ignoring the younger’s groan, Chen grabbed Xuimin’s hand and announced their leave, too.

           “Sehun if something’s the matter, you can talk,” this time it was Kris who spoke up, “I hate seeing you this way. You’re never like this.”

            “Well, maybe I decided to change.”

            “Some things aren’t meant for change.”

            “Some things are.”

            “Sehun, stop being such a brat and fess up. You’re obviously annoyed by the fact that-“

            “The fact what? What do you know about me Kris? Do you even know how I’m really like? What I do in my spare time or how I might seem like a pretty decent guy when in fact I’m actually like this? Stop acting like you know me, Kris,” Sehun scoffed, slamming his hands onto the table.

            “I despise you, hyung,” were the last few words Sehun said until he bolted out of the cafeteria.

            “That son of a-“ Kris growled under his breath, cursing words in Chinese so the people passing by didn’t know what he was saying.

            “Gege, calm down. Let’s try to reason with him,” Tao drew circles on Kris’ back. It was a first time in a long time for the two to be alone together. After the incident with Kai, Tao started to be more distant around Kris. He didn’t hang out with the older, they didn’t exchange any form of conversation in class, and Tao always left the cafeteria before Kris. It’s not like Kris blames Tao for his actions, though-he’s been ignoring Tao, too. After the kiss on New Year’s Day, there was an unsaid, mutual agreement to never speak of it again, but Kris couldn’t deny his feelings towards Tao even though he’s with Yixing. He wished he knew how Tao felt.

            “Yeah, yeah I guess so,” Kris replied softly, tousling Tao’s hair, “Why’d you dye it blonde?”

            “Do you not like it?”

            “No, it looks nice on you. It’s just weird to see you with a different hair color.”

            “Oh. Well, Jongin said he liked the contrast of the blond color and my skin color so I-“

            “You dyed it blonde, right. It-it looks nice,” Kris forced a smile. Tao was with Jongin now and he could feel his heart crumbling into a million pieces.

            “So I’m guessing you’re with Jongin now, right?” Tao nodded in reply, not smiling or frowning.

            “I-“ The two said in unison. Kris nudged the younger to go first and the younger blushed (or was that Kris’ imagination?) and started to talk.

            “Kris ge, I just want you to know I still like you and I still think about the, you know, that kiss. I don’t know if you do, but I still do. I can’t deny it, but I’m with Jongin and I hear rumors of you having a boyfriend and I just-I just wanted you to know,” Tao rambled on and on until he felt his throat clamp up and that was when he decided to just stop making a fool of himself. Kris chuckled, which surprised Tao, and he tousled Tao’s hair again.

            “I still like you, too, but you’re right. We’re both with someone right now. We can’t just break up with them and I’m sure you’re heads over heels for Jongin more than you were with me. I’m happy for you, I really am.”

            “Actually, Jongin and I haven’t been talking,” Tao confessed.

            “What?”

            “I, uh, yeah. We haven’t been talking, not since we…”

            “You what?”

            “We did it,” Tao whispered so quietly that Kris had to lean towards him to listen to him and even then he wasn’t sure if he heard Tao right.

           “Did it as in did it?” Tao nodded his head furiously, a scarlet red color seeping across his face after hearing Kris’ words.

            “I don’t know why he hasn’t called me or replied to my texts or talk to me. Every time he sees me, he turns the other way like I’m nothing, like I’m invisible.”

            “That bastard.”

            “Don’t say that about Jongin!”

            “But he is one for treating you like this.”

            “I don’t know,” Tao sighed, “I’m just really confused. Why is he like this?”

            “If I were you, I’d go talk to him right now.”

            “I don’t even know where he is.”

            “He’s right there. It looks like he’s talking to someone, but just go, okay? If he really likes you, he’ll take care of you first,” Kris pointed towards the hallway and at Jongin who seemed to be pleading someone about something. His hands were in a prayer pose and he seemed to be shouting about something, but it was hard to hear over the loud noise in the cafeteria. Tao thanked Kris for everything and went off to Jongin. Finally, Kris thought, finally I can eat in peace.

            “Mr. Wu YiFan, I think you need to come with me,” a hand was placed upon his shoulder. “You and I have some issues to discuss.”

            Kris gulped. This was not good.

--

            “Sehun, will you listen? I’m sure Luhan is fine! Look, I know how Jonghyun is and he adores Luhan. He wouldn’t hurt him the way Woo Bin did. So please, please, stop worrying,” Jongin pleaded Sehun. Sehun only looked away, biting his lip to suppress his instinct to yell at him.

            “How do you know about Woo Bin?” Sehun’s lips quivered while he questioned the other.

            “I heard some things, okay? It’s not important as to how I know Woo Bin. Right now, it’s important that I know your brother isn’t going to be in big trouble so please stop acting this way. Sehun, he’s okay. You’re okay.”

            “No,” Sehun snarled, pushing Jongin away from him and onto the floor. He stood up quickly with his hands on his hips.

            “Tell me how you know about Woo Bin now.”

            “He-he’s my cousin, okay? When I was at Woo Bin’s, I heard sounds and I opened the door enough for me to peak in and he was doing Luhan, okay?”

            “And you didn’t stop him? Jongin, I thought you were my friend!” Sehun screamed, not caring about the bell ringing or the hall monitor or the students stopping to see the drama unfold.

            “It’s not like I knew it was him! I didn’t put the two and two together until I saw him again!”

            “Just shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. All of you just shut up!” Sehun brought his hands to his ears, demanding silence but all he got were murmurs and more screams.

            “Sehun! It’s okay. Everything’s okay. I’m sorry, okay? I’m really sorry,” Jongin forced Sehun to calm down, wrapping his arms around Sehun’s shoulders as he whispered words of comfort. That’s when he saw Tao and Luhan, along with Jonghyun, in front of the crowd.

a/n: whew, finally finished this chapter (hooray for updates!). Wow, this is a change in the story. I'm glad I was able to write about Taoris' situation and KaiTao's situation, too. But what is going to happen between Kai and Tao? What's going to happen with Sehun? What about Luhan? Chen? Xuimin?

Leave your comments below and let me know how you think about this chapter! Can't wait to see some feedback:)

Until next time!

Your author