Escape

Light and Darkness

 

Days passed and after futile attempts of searching for Bu Yong’s daughter, the Proceres decided to appoint a temporary Queen of EXO Planet. She is Sooyeon, a Red-Force. The truth is that she manipulated the Proceres to make her Queen. She built facilities over small villages, forcing the villagers to move away and wander. For moons, she used force and fear to rule the planet.

The 6 grew up and trained, and became the appointed guardians of the planet. Even though Sooyeon ordered that the search for Bu Yong’s daughter be stopped, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai and Sehun didn’t forget the promise they made. For moons Suho secretly researched about the possible whereabouts of Bu Yong’s daughter. He looked for the former Queen’s safe houses and trusted people. At last he finally found her location.

Suho informed the rest and they devised a plan to escape since Sooyeon tightened the security of Palatium City, where the main palace is located and she wouldn’t allow any person to go in and out of the city’s high walls.

 

3 moons and 6 lights after Mama’s death

“Baekhyun.”

The boy who was sitting beside the window blinked from his trance and looked at the other who was sitting on the bed.

“What is it, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol hesitated before he answered.

“Hey, it’s tonight, right? Do you still-? I mean, are you okay with this?”

“Yes.”

Baekhyun shook his head. He knew that Chanyeol wanted to ask if he still hates Bu Yong’s daughter. And Baekhyun still does. Since Bu Yong got sick he began disliking her child and when the Queen died it became pure hatred. He didn’t like the idea of searching for her. He even thinks that it’s better if she is already gone. But his promise makes him go on.

“Oh… right…. Err, I guess we have to go now.”

Both of them glanced at the time. They were supposed to meet the others at the gate.

“Are you ready?”

Baekhyun nodded. The both of them slipped passed the guards using Baekhyun’s Potencia. He manipulated the light around them so that they will turn invisible. They reached the gate and the others were already there.

“Okay, now that we’re here, I’ll repeat the plan.”

“Hyung, you’ve said the plan, like, a hundred times. Even on dinner. I’m not surprised if Sooyeon finds out and sends guards later.”

Kai rolled his eyes. Suho just ignored him.

“So first, we’ll knock out the entrance guards and Kai will teleport them away somewhere. Next D.O. will lift the gate and the rest of us will pass through it. Then D.O. will throw up the gate-”

“Wait, why will D.O. hyung throw it up?”

Sehun raised his hand. Kai smacked him.

“It is because the gate is an Anti-Potencia Object. It means that the gate can weaken the Potencia of a user. That is why I can’t teleport in and out of the city if the gate is closed. And D.O. hyung has to throw it up to buy him a few seconds to escape.”

“Wow Kai, I never thought that you’re such a smart .”

“At least I’m not dumb like you.”

“Enough, Sehun, Kai. As I was saying, D.O. will throw up the gate and if guards do show up, Kai will teleport D.O. out and we’ll take care of the rest. Understand?”

All of them nodded and they proceeded to carry out their plan. They were surprised to see no guards at the gate but they didn’t give it much thought. As instructed, D.O. lifted the gate high enough for the others to pass. But as Suho was about to pass the gate, soldiers arrived and cornered them. The soldiers gave way to Sooyeon and as soon she saw Suho and the others, she smirked and said:

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t my guardians. Don’t look so surprised. I’ve always knew this day would come that you would go searching for that daughter of Bu Yong’s… I never wanted to do this but…”

Before she could even finish her sentence, Baekhyun shot her with a light beam. Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes.

“Baekhyun…? What the hell did you just do?”

“No time, we have to go. She’ll capture us anyway. Now let’s go.”

Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol through the gate followed by Sehun. Baekhyun released exploding light balls to the incoming soldiers to slow them. Then D.O. threw the gate up and Kai teleported him outside. Sooyeon just regained consciousness and she glared at the guardians at the other side of the closing gate.

“You peasants! I’ll make you pay for shooting me like that.”

Then shadows started to surround her. Suho looked at Kai.

“Teleport us… Now!”

“Okay! Grab each other’s arm!”

Then with a puff of black smoke the guardians were gone.

 

Rrruummbblee…

“Was that you Chanyeol?”

D.O. asked. Chanyeol held his hands up and mouthed “No”. D.O. gave him a doubtful look but eventually shrugged it off. It’s understandable since it’s been days since they last ate. Kai teleported them in some unknown forest and got lost.

“Waahhh!! I’m hungry! I’m so freaking hungry!!!”

Sehun cried. Kai covered his ears and shouted.

“Shut up! No one wants to hear your tantrums!!”

Sehun glared at him. He stomped towards Kai who was sitting on a large tree root. He stopped and pointed a finger on him.

“It’s your fault! If you didn’t teleport us here we wouldn’t get lost!”

“Hey! Don’t accuse me! We were on a dangerous situation back there! And if it wasn’t for me, we’ll all be dead!”

“Well you should’ve thought of a place first not just the first thing that pops into your head!”

Then the winds started to blow harder. Kai readied himself for an attack from Sehun. Fortunately Baekhyun spoke from a tree branch.

“Stop it, Sehun, Kai. You’re just wasting your Manus on pointless arguments.”

The both relaxed. Sehun glared at Kai and stomped towards the bushes as Suho came back from searching the forest.

“So hyung, found anything?”

D.O. approached him. Suho nodded.

“Yeah, there is actually a small village nearby.”

“That’s great then.”

“Yeah, but we have to go there at twilight. I mean they might suspect as or something. It’s best to act as travelers.”

Suddenly Sehun came running towards them holding a handful of dark violet-colored berries.

“Hyungs! Food!”

Sehun excitedly announced. Chanyeol and Kai jumped up and asked Sehun.

“Where?!”

“Here!”

Sehun went back to a large violet bush. He took a handful of berries and ate them. Chanyeol and Kai followed, stuffing their mouths with berries.

“Wait, is that-?”

Suho thought. *I think I’ve seen those berries before… In a book… what was it called again? Ve-venosa Bacas? Poisonous Berries!*

“Guys those berries are poi-“

He turned around and saw all of them stuffing their mouths with those poisonous berries. Even Baekhyun and D.O.

“-sonous berries…”

“Hyung did you say something?”

Sehun was about to ask when he started choking. The others followed.

“W-what the-?”

“Is this… poisonous…?”

“Sehun… You pabo…”

Slowly they lost their consciousness and collapsed. Then Suho went to call for help. Baekhyun tried to stay conscious by using his will power. *Urgh, is this the end? What the heck?* He thought. Then Suho arrived with seven people from the village. Baekhyun felt himself float. *What?* He glanced at his shoulder and he saw her. *Bu Yong Mama’s…!* He wanted to reach out to her but his body became limp and he slowly succumbs to darkness.