Behind Truths and Legends

Light and Darkness

 

“Baekhyun? Time to wake up now. Baekhyun. Baekhyun.”

“Mama…?”

Baekhyun opened his eyes expecting to see Bu Yong but instead saw Sehun sleeping beside him. He immediately stood up. *What happened? Where am I?* His eyes scanned the room. Clothes and things are scattered all over the place. Then he glanced at Sehun who mumbled something about berries. *I remember, Suho and some other guys brought us here and cured us…* Then a fece flashed his mind. *It’s possible that she’s Bu Yong Mama’s daughter… But I have to make sure.* He walked out of the room and went downstairs towards the living room.

He saw a guy playing a stringed instrument and another one drinking a cup of caffeine on the couch. The two didn’t notice him approaching but D.O., who was making something in the kitchen, spotted him.

“Baekhyun you’re awake! Wait here, I’m calling Suho.”

D.O. immediately went outside. The two guys saw Baekhyun and stood up and approached him.

“Hey, you must be Baekhyun, I’m Lay and this is Chen.”

“I’m Baekhyun. Uh…”

“Oh yeah, I’m the one who healed you with your poison. It’s a good thing your friend Suho made it in time or you could’ve died there.”

Lay smiled and Baekhyun nodded. Then Suho and D.O. came.

“Baekhyun, so you’ve met Lay and Chen.”  

“Yeah. So hyung how long has I’ve been asleep.”

“Less than 2 days. Lay said that maybe it’s because of the amount of berries you’ve eaten that you’ve fell asleep for so long.”

“But I didn’t even ate that much.”

“Maybe you’re just enjoying your sleep? Anyways, do you want to eat?”

D.O. spoke up. Baekhyun agreed.

“So how many are living in here, besides Lay and Chen?”

 Baekhyun asked after he finished eating. D.O. thought for a moment before answering.

“Well, there are 5 more people living in here. There’s Kris, Luhan, Tao, Henri and Leeteuk.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes.

“Le-leeteuk? The former guardian? He’s here?”

“Er, yeah.”

“Does Suho know?”

“Yes, they’ve already talked about stuff and Leeteuk agreed to show where Bu Yong Mama’s daughter is. Anyways, go outside. You need it.”

Baekhyun understood and he did go outside. As soon as he stepped out, he felt the clean wind blow on his skin. *Huh, I can feel the wind here is very clean… Unlike in Palacium…*

“Baekhyun!!!!!!!!”

Baekhyun was then tackled down by Chanyeol. Baekhyun struggled out from Chanyeol’s embrace.

“Chanyeol! Stop tackling people!”

“Kekeke sorry, I couldn’t help it. Oh, wanna meet EXO-M?”

“EXO-M? What?”

“Right, the guys who saved us. Have you already met Lay and Chen inside?”

“Yeah.”

“Great! Follow me then. I’ll introduce to you the others.”

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol into the forest. They came across a very large tree, with its branches almost covering the entire forest. As they came nearer, Baekhyun felt a very strong Manus. He looked up and saw Kai and two others fighting and Kai clearly looks like he’s about to be defeated.  Baekhyun was about to help but Chanyeol held him.

“Relax, they’re just training. Hey, guys! I want you to meet someone!”

The three stopped and went down to greet Chanyeol. Kai went to Baekhyun and patted his shoulder, telling him he’s cool. Baekhyun then observed the other two. One has eyes with black circles around it and he was smiling. The other is smaller and has black short hair and is holding gunblades in both hands. Baekhyun sensed that she is the owner of the strong Manus he felt and she has a very strong resemblance with Bu Yong. *She’s…!* Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and Kai. They both nodded in understanding.

“This is Baekhyun. Here is Tao and Henri.”

“Ni hao! I’m Tao.”

“Henri.”

The girl smiled at Baekhyun. Baekhyun, suddenly remembered the reason why Bu Yong died, glared at her. Henri was slightly taken aback but she didn’t show it. *What’s wrong with him? Why is he glaring at me like that?* She thought. Chanyeol, sensing the tension said:

“G-guys, where’s Kris, Xiumin and Luhan hyung?”

“Henri!! Tao!!”

A voice called out. All of them looked at the direction where it comes from and saw three guys walking towards them. The one who called them has cheeks that looked like steamed buns, as Baekhyun saw it. Henri and Tao’s eyes lit up and they both ran into the tallest guy with blonde hair.

“Kris ge! Kris ge!”

The two jumped around him. The one next to him with a very pretty face scrunched his face in disgust.

“Kris, why do you keep spoiling these brats? They’re so clingy and it’s-”

Kris silenced Luhan with a look. Henri and Tao both mehrong-ed at Luhan and Luhan just clicked his tongue. Then Chanyeol did the introductions.

“Oh, I almost forgot, Leeteuk wants to talk about something after dinner.” Kris whispered. The others looked at him with confusion.

After dinner everyone went to the living room, even Se Hun who just woke up. (Well, except Hen Ri. Despite her protests, Lee Teuk put her to sleep.) Lee Teuk then began.

“I called you all over because I want you all to know the truth. First, as you all know, I’m one of the former Queen’s guardians and one of her few trusted servants. I wanted to tell you about the secret the Queen and I have been keeping these past moons.” Leeteuk sighed then continued.

“The secret about her daughter.” He looked at EXO-K. “I know all about the promise you made to the Queen, and you we’re right to look for me in the first place. Her daughter is here in this village.” Questions flooded the room. Baek Hyun, who was coolly leaning at the wall, said.

“Leeteuk-nim, she’s Henri, right?” He asked trembling. He was trying to mask his anger and hatred. Apparently, Leeteuk noticed it.

“Baekhyun, remember this, darkness can be overcome by true light.” Baekhyun blinked, confused. “Anyway, yes, she is the daughter of Bu Yong Mama.”

 

“So, what now?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know… I can’t think of a way to defeat the Queen. She’s practically invincible.” Suho said. The others can feel the fear in his voice. No one ever knew how to defeat the Queens of EXO Planet. The Queen’s life span ranges on 30 to 70 moons. The causes of their deaths are mostly from childbirth and Potencia exhaustion.

“On top of that, the current Queen, Sooyeon, is a Red-Force; only the original 12 guardians can defeat a Red-Force. We’re hopeless…”

“No, you’re wrong.” Leeteuk suddenly popped out of nowhere. “There is still hope, young guardian.”

“Wow, you sounded like an old man there, Leeteuk-nim!” Chan Yeol exclaimed. Baekhyun slapped him in his arm.

“As I was saying, there’s still hope. The 12 guardians may be dead, but their essence can be reborn… Through your powers, including EXO-M.” Leeteuk pointed at each of them.

“What do you mean Leeteuk-nim?” D.O. widened his eyes.

“Ever wonder why I called them, ‘EXO-M’? It’s because they have the same power as the original 6 guardians. Even you, EXO-K, have similar powers with the other 6 guardians.”

“Does EXO-M know about this?”

Leeteuk nodded. “Yes, the very day I took them, I told them the truth about their powers and their soon-to-be duty.”

“So what are we going to do now?” Sehun asked again.

“I’ll tell you… tomorrow. I’m tired. I’m going back to bed. ‘Night!” Then Leeteuk disappeared, leaving EXO-K with dumbfounded faces.

“Well, he’s an ahjusshi after all. Kekeke.” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Ey, Henri, can you show me your Potencia again? Please~ Oh, try mine! Try mine!!” Sehun put an aegyo in front of Henri.

“Of course, Sehun.” Henri replied. She lightly touched Sehun’s arm, and pulled away. “Okay, stand back then.”

Henri focused her Manus on both her hands. She then produced cutter-like winds and sliced a nearby tree in half.

“Woooooowwww!!! That. Was. Awesome!!! Teach me! Teach me!!!” Sehun skipped towards Henri. Henri gladly agreed.

“So her Potencia is Potencia Imitaion?” Baekhyun asked as he approached Lay, who is also watching from a distance.

“Yes, cool huh? She can also teach us new skills from our own Potencia.” Lay chuckled.

“So, what did she taught you?”

“Hmm… you do know that healing is only for support, right? Well, she taught me to make my healing power into an offensive type. She taught me how to steal Manus from others, leaving the victim into a weakened state.”

“Huh… How about the others?” Baekhyun suddenly became curious.

“Hmm… Chen, she taught him Plasma Ray. Xiu Min, Ice Maker. Kris, Impact. Tao, er, pretty much nothing, and Lu Han, Meteor Shower. Weird names, huh? They thought about it themselves.” Lay chuckled again.

Baekhyun blinked. He can’t believe Henri has that great of a Potencia. *Wow…huh.* Baekhyun then asked Chanyeol if he and the rest of EXO-K learned any new skills from Henri.

“Er, I don’t know about the others but she showed me how to make fireworks with my Potencia!” Chanyeol laughed. “How about you, Baek?” Baekhyun’s face suddenly darkened.

“I won’t let her touch my power, let alone myself.” Baekhyun hissed and walked away. Chanyeol just scratched his head.

 

Leeteuk once again gathered the 12 at the living room. “Guardians, I think it’s time. I saw a vision that Sooyeon will come to this place. She is looking for Henri. You must all get ready. You all will leave before the sun shows itself, and take Henri with you.” Leeteuk said with pain.

“No, we won’t leave! We can protect this village with our own hands! We will fight!” Kris slammed his fist at the wall.

“Don’t be so rash Kris! Even if we all joined forces, we are all just going to be crushed.” Luhan stated. 

“You mean we’re weak?!” Kris looked at Luhan with dark eyes.

“Uhm, ge ge’s please don’t fight.” Tao tried to stop them.

“Stop Kris, Lu Han is right. You all can’t defeat the Queen. That’s why you are all going to get stronger.” All eyes turned to Leeteuk once again.

“What is your plan Leeteuk?” Kris asked.

“Remember the legend I told you moons ago?” EXO nodded and Leeteuk continued. “Find the temples of the 12 guardians and enhance your powers. My comrades, SJ, will lead you all the way. Kris, do you still remember Heechul? You will find him at a small village up North.” Leeteuk stood up.

“Uh, Leeteuk-sshi, when are you planning on telling Henri about this?” Baekhyun blurted out of the blue. Everyone looked at him.

“Baekhyun, I won’t. She’ll know. Oh, don’t forget about what I told you about True Light. Trust me, you’ll need it. Now let’s all rest and get ready for tomorrow.” Then Leeteuk disappeared.  

 

Baekhyun stared at the two moons above him as he lied comfortably at a tree. *What does he mean by True Light? The only ‘True Light’ I can think of is the sun’s* He flinched when he heard a rustling sound. *What was that? It might be an enemy…* Baekhyun looked around his surroundings and finally spotted a cloaked figure running towards the woods. *Maybe a spy?* Baekhyun stealthily followed the figure. The figure led him into a small pond. Baekhyun hid on a nearby tree. The figure raised its hood and Baekhyun was shocked on what he saw.

Henri removed her cloak and sat at the edge of the pond. She buried her face on her knees and cried silently. *Should I? No, I hate her… she killed Mama… But…* As much as he hated her, he couldn’t stand seeing someone cry. Then he came up with an idea.

Henri was thinking about what Leeteuk’s plan. It’s her fault her family is in danger. *I wish I wasn’t born. All I gave is despair and danger.* Then a small light flew near her. It startled her. *Uh, what is this? I can sense a Manus in this light…* Henri then tried to touch it but the light faded. Then a group of small lights appeared and danced around her.

She stood up, smiling and dancing with the lights. Baekhyun smiled. *She looks pretty when she smiles like that. Almost like Mama.* Baekhyun dissolved his lights when he heard someone approaching.

“Hen Ri! What’re you doing here?” Luhan came running at Henri. Henri pouted at him.

“Argh, Jerk-Han! Look! The light bugs are gone!”

“Those aren’t light bugs. Light bugs just switch their lights off, not themselves…” Luhan looked around.

“Well, yeah but… Are you saying there is someone here?” Henri tried to feel the air for any aura. Luckily, Baekhyun knows how to hide his aura well, and he sneaked past them using his Potencia, travelling through moonlight. 

“Nevermind, I’m going to back.” Henri strode off and Luhan followed.