Minseok

Light and Darkness

 

“Ah!”

Mae yelped when she was about to slip. D.O. wrapped his arm around Mae’s waist, preventing her from slipping.

“Gwenchana?”

He asked in worry. Mae blushed. *Aish, that was so embarrassing.*

“Gwenchanayo. Gamsahamnida.”

Mae replied. D.O. sighed in relief. Then he noticed that his arm is still around Mae. He immediately pulled away. His face flushed red. Mae also blushed even more.

*These kids are really growing up.* Suho smiled at the scene. Suddenly he heard a loud bang that shook the place. *This might not be good…*

“Guys, hide.”

Suho said. Suho created a wall of water that mirrored the original wall. The three hid behind it. Footsteps are heard and it became louder. D.O. sneaked a peek. *Dolls?! How?!* As soon as the footsteps died down, D.O. spoke.

“Hyung, dolls…”

Suho looked confused. So is Mae.

“What do you mean? I’m sure I covered our Manus earlier so that they won’t track us.”

Mae said because her Potencia is Manus Concealment. She can conceal her or another’s Manus so that enemies cannot find or track them.

“Maybe they already knew that we’re coming here.”

D.O. suggested. Suho nodded.

“Yes, but I’m curious. Why didn’t they just ambush us at the entrance earlier?”

“I sense that they’re planning something. We have to go. We have to warn the others.”

Suho concentrated on focusing his Manus to his forefinger and middle finger. Liquid started to drip from his two fingers. Then he swiped them vertically in the air and a series of hologram buttons came to view. Mae stared at Suho. Upon seeing Mae’s reaction, D.O. chuckled.

“Haven’t seen anything like it?”

He asked. Mae nodded. Advance technology didn’t reach Nifelhel due to its type of weather and location.

“What is it?”

“It’s a built in communication device or you can call it System Interface… It can store up programs or files, something like that. It requires Manus to power it though.”

Mae just stared at him, more confused. D.O. scratched the back of his neck. He himself doesn’t understand the device. They heard a ringing sound which means that Suho is done contacting the others. D.O. approached him.

“How did it go, hyung? Are they ok?”

“Ne, but I don’t know about Xiumin hyung and Chen though. I can’t reach them. I hope they’re okay… I’ve told the others to meet again to the Ice Pillar. Baekhyun informed me that there are more of the Dolls coming inside the place. I think we should pull out for now…”

“What? You’re giving up now?”

Mae spoke. Suho and D.O. turned to her. Suho gave her a nod. He might put his brothers and the rest to harm if they fight. Mae shook her head.

“You mustn’t. You still have hope.”

“What do you mean?”

“Remember what Appa said? The guardian with the same Potencia as the crystal can find it. Have you noticed that Xuimin-sshi has been acting strange since we went to the pillar? Maybe he already had a clue on how to look for the crystal.”

 

 

Chen was wondering why Xiumin chose the North passageway. He noticed that maybe it is because Xiumin has been acting strange since they left the huge Ice Pillar. Xiumin suddenly stopped.

“Xiumin hyung?”

Chen asked. Xiumin didn’t answer. Chen put a hand on Xiumin’s shoulder.

“Hyung? Are you okay?”

Still Xiumin didn’t answer. Chen was beginning to worry. Then he heard a ringing sound. *Is that mine?* He thought. His fingers sparked then he swiped his fingers vertically. The message button was flashing. *Is Kris calling us?* He tapped it and Kris’ face flashed on as a hologram. But the signal is really weak so Chen couldn’t make out Kris’ message.

Che-! Where are y-… Suho told… Dolls are coming!

“What? Dolls? But how?”

“We’ll explai-… later… Meet…  pillar… Stupid crappy signal! Wher… Xiumin? Can’t con-… him. Anywa-… Just meet… pillar…”

*I think he’s telling us to meet them back at the pillar.* Chen concluded. He turned to inform Xiumin about it.

“Kris told us to go back to the pi-”

Then he saw Xiumin is already far away from him at the end of the passage.

“Hyung!”

Chen called and ran to him.

“Hyung, don’t just leave like tha-”

He didn’t finish his sentence. He was too surprised to find out that their back at the Ice Pillar.

“Hyung, how did you know we have to go back?”

Again, Xiumin didn’t answer, instead he continued to stare at the pillar.

Xiumin has been hearing the voice, telling him what passage to take, not even explaining why. He continued to ignore Chen since the voice became louder and stronger as he goes deeper into the passage.

When they reached the end of the passage, he was surprised to see that their back at the pillar. The voice continued to speak to him. He couldn’t understand why but it’s like the pillar is ushering him to touch it. Xiumin eventually gave in and he lifted his hand and touched it.

Immediately, frost began to cover his hand, his arm and eventually, his whole body. Then slowly, the pillar consumes him. Chen saw this but he was too late. Xiumin is nowhere to be seen.

 

“Hyung! This is fun! I haven’t been in a fight in days!”

Chanyeol chuckled after burning down a couple of dolls. Lay was busy taking away the dolls’ Manuses and converting and passing them to Chanyeol’s.

“I couldn’t agree with you more!”

Lay laughed then strike a doll with his sword. Lay’s 4-feet black sword is made from Stygian Iron. Like its owner, if in contact, it can the energy or Manus for a Potencia user and transfer it to Lay.

A ringing sound was heard. Chanyeol and Lay glanced at each other. They both opened their System Interfaces and tapped at the message button. The faces of Suho and Kris flashed on each respectively.

“Chanyeol! Lay! Go back to the pillar! ASAP!”

Both Suho and Kris said. Chanyeol grinned.

“Well, it was nice knowing you guys but, got to go!”

Lay laughed at Chanyeol’s remark. Chanyeol then used his Potecia and created a fire barrier. Not strong enough to hold them but it bought them time to escape. The both of them reached the pillar. The rest of the group is gathered around Chen.

“So you’re saying that the pillar absorbed him and that he is also willing to?”

Kris asked. Chen nodded grimly.

“Yeah, I saw it with my own eyes. And I’m not joking this time.”

“So… What do we do?”

Luhan, who is still thinking about the reasons about Xiumin’s disappearance inside the pillar, sensed something.

“Henri!”

Luhan shouted and pulled Henri to him. A spear suddenly shot between Kai and Sehun and it almost hit Henri.

“Whoa! What was that?”

Sehun looked at Kai.

“Don’t look at me! I don’t-“

“Ge ge Dolls!”

Everybody looked at the where Tao is pointing. The battalion of Dolls Baekhyun saw has arrived.

“We’re in trouble.”

Baekhyun muttered.

 

“Huh, nothing much to see here…”

Xiumin whispered. He was inside the pillar. *It’s really nothing but an endless stretch of ice…* He thought.

“Hello!  Anybody here?!”

He shouted but his words just bounced back at him. He sighed. Now he regrets touching the pillar… he feels so useless now. *I wonder if he others are okay…*

“They’re not.”

Xiumin turn around to see a figure in robes, staring at him.

“Who… Who are you?”

He asked. The figure raised its head to reveal his face. Xiumin was shocked to see who it was.

“You’re…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m the first frost Guardian of EXO Planet. My name is Minseok. It’s nice to finally meet you, current Frost Guardian.”