Chapter 2: Our Date

Behind That Smile

You woke up and gasped. There was excruciating pain in your heart. You clutched your chest and supported your body against your table. Few minutes passed and the pain slowly became less until it finally faded. What was that? You thought scared. The amount of pain you felt was beyond words. You looked at the time. You were late for school. Without wasting another moment, you took a shower and forgot all about the pain. You’ll think about it later. You quickly got dressed and left your house carrying your bag on your favourable shoulder which was left shoulder.

You entered your class room and sat down on your normal seat. As usual, people were staring at you with hatred written all over their faces. You scoffed. Of course they hate me! I date the handsomest man of the school! But the problem was you didn’t just date him, you loved him. That was one of the reasons why you couldn’t leave him.

As usual, Kris stooped by your class. “Joo Joo! How are you, baby?” you cringed at the endearment. ‘Baby’ was what he called the girls he did at nights. Have I dropped that low in his mind? You thought sadly. You smiled at him. The same smile that he fell for the first day he met you. The smile that was only for him and no one else. “I’m good.” You said softly. He sat down in the seat next to yours and played with your hair. “Well, you don’t look so good. I mean, you look like you had a rough night.” He said casually.

You have no idea! You thought. You responded anyways, “I am fine. Go to your class, you’ll be late.” He stood up and gave you a quick kiss on lips. You gasped. There were people here! He smiled at you. “Oh! And be ready for our date. Meet me at our place tonight at ten. Ok? It’s been a year since we had a proper date.” He smiled once more and turned around and walked to his class. You were really happy. You really hadn’t had a proper date with him for a whole year. That was because he started seeing other girls.

School for you wasn’t that bad because you ignored all the bad comments and regular death threats. You simply kept thinking about the date tonight. You were thinking what you should wear for tonight. The bell for the end of the school went and you skipped home happily. People were giving you weird looks. That was because you were normally wearing a sad smile. But not today. Today you were wearing genuine smile.

You got home and did some cleaning around the house. You hummed along and did last of your chores. You glanced at the clock. 9:30 pm. “Ooops!!! I’m late!” you exclaimed and dashed to your bathroom and got dressed in white shorts and a cute black off shoulder shirt. You quickly brushed your hair and left it down. Your hair was long. It went up to your waist. You smiled happily to your reflection and turned around to grab your purse and phone. You quickly found them and put some money in the purse just in case. You locked your house and looked at your phone. It was 9:55pm.

You quickly walked over to your destination. Kris had said ‘our’ place. You smiled. You quickly walked to the lake and sat on one of the big rocks. That’s right. This was your and Kris' place. The place was beautiful especially at night. There was a lake and lots of rocks. You both used to climb these rocks about a year ago. You remembered:

*Flashback*

“Come on! Joo Joo! I’ll catch you just jump!” You were scared because you were up high on one of the rocks. You shook your head as tears fell down your face. You were scared of heights.  “ok. Joo Joo, listen to me. Close your eyes.” You did so. “Now, jump.” You nodded, gulped and jumped. You screamed and a pair of strong arms caught you. “There you go! See you are safe now!” you nodded and buried your face into Kris’ chest. He laughed. “You are so cute Joo Joo you know I love you, right?” you nodded. “I love you too!” you said and looked up at him. He looked into your eyes and leaned down. Slowly, your lips touched his and he gave you the sweetest kiss you ever had. “I love you so much…” he murmured against your lips. “Me too…” you said.

*Flashback ends*

You sat on the rock remembering that time. That Kris whom you were in love with. The Kris now, you love him as well. But the Kris before and the Kris now are different. Very different. He used to be kind and gentle to you. Always loving you but now…..something happened that somehow…..changed him. You waited for him to come. You glanced at the phone again. It was 11 pm. You have been here an hour. You sighed. He was not there again. You felt sad and betrayed. You glanced at the lake. A thought forming in your head. No! I won’t kill myself! You shook your head of such thoughts. At least you were back at this place. This was your favourite place. It still is. You got off the rock and walked towards the lake.

You slowly took off your clothes. Everything except your undergarments. Then you stepped in the bone chilling water. You slowly walked towards the deep end. The moon shone on the water, making it look like a place of death. You gently lowered yourself in the water and faced the moon. Then you started floating on your back. You loved swimming, but now you were doing nothing, just floating on your back. Staring at the big bright moon. You closed your eyes feeling tired. And fell into a dangerous dream world in the water, crying in your sleep due to another heartbreak caused by your lover....  

Kris’ P.O.V:

I pushed the girl against the wall and kissed her lips once. Twice. She gasped. Suddenly I remembered something. “! My date with Joo Joo!” I ran my hands through my hair. I quickly texted her saying that I would be a bit late. It was 11pm already. The meeting place wasn’t far from here. I quickly ran all the way. I haven’t been treating her right. I thought and sighed. Why is this all happening? I shook my head and reached the place. The first thing I saw was the rocks. I ran over expecting her to be gone but I saw her phone. No wonder she wasn’t replying. I thought. Then I saw her purse and frowned. Why would she leave her purse here? Then I saw her clothes in a heap next to the edge of the lake.

My heart started beating quickly. “Joo Joo? Park Jooyin!” I shouted but there was no reply. I started worrying. Where was she? “where are you Joo Joo?” I ran my hand through my hair again. A thought started to form in my mind. “Did someone kidnap her? Then why leave her clothes? Unless they were planning to rap…… “ I trailed off not wanting it to be true. I quickly collected all her stuff. I bent to pick up her clothes when my eyes caught something in the lake.

I dropped everything. “Joo Joo? Jooyin!” I ran into the lake and jumped in. I saw her body floating lifelessly on the water. Tears fell out of my eyes. “Jooyin?” I shouted and swam next to her body. I quickly got her body to the shore and my tears started to fall on her face and I gave her a CPR. “Joo Joo! Please don’t leave me! Please!” I checked her pulse and felt nothing. She was dead. “NO!”  I called an ambulance quickly and gave her another round of CPR. I saw the dried tears on her face. She was crying because of me. She DIED crying. I started kissing her lifeless blue lips again and again . I heard ambulance in the background but that didn’t stop me from kissing her. “Joo Joo please! Please wake up!” I shook her. The Basic Life Support unit came. They put her on a stretcher. “She’s not breathing!” One of them said. They quickly took out a defibrillator and put it on her chest. They gave her a shock and her body jerked. “What are you doing? You are hurting her stop!” I said.

“Sir! Calm down. We are trying to get her to breathe. Trying to get her heart to beat.” I nodded. After a few more shocks another of the men yelled. “She’s breathing! We need to take her to the hospital quick! She can die any minute!”  They quickly put her in the ambulance. After a lot of argument, I sat in the back with her. They started doing their stuff as I held her hand. “Oh! Joo Joo please don’t go…..” Memories of us together started to flood my mind………      

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************        

  Author's Note:

Hey Guys! So? What did you think? Well, I can't hear your thoughts so how about you put them in the box below by commenting? such a great idea, no? Anyways, no this isn't the end of the story it's gonna be a bit longer or maybe longer than that. I dunno but I think Joo Joo will live? Do you want her to live? And Kris that bastard is now realising how bad he treated her! Well, he isn't a bastard he is my bias! I dunno why I potrayed him so.....evil but trust me he is a good guy in this fic. So, Enjoy! Don't mind any mistakes and yeah!