Chapter 9: Our New Lives

Behind That Smile

You glanced at him sideways and unconsciously smiled. Finally you felt free. You felt a hand take yours. You looked down to see your intertwined fingers and your smile grew bigger. You looked up and met his eyes. His captivating eyes.

“Am I that handsome that you can’t look away?” Kai teased. You blushed and looked away. “You are.” You whispered. Kai caught that. “Oh really now?” You blushed deepened. You cleared your throat. Kai, on the other hand couldn’t be happier. He hid his smile. “No? Alright. Fine!” He crossed his arms and faced his back towards you.

You glanced up and saw his back…very attracting back. You inwardly thought how cute he looked when he was pouting like that. You decided to play along. You got up from your seat and crept behind him. You slithered your arms around his waist and leaned your forehead on his sturdy back.

“You are the handsome-est!” You exclaimed proudly. Kai laughed. “More than Kris?” You froze. Hearing his name bought back memories. You dropped your hands from his waist and turned away. Kai, however, started thinking about how much of an idiot he was bringing Kris up like that.

You sighed. Maybe it’s time to…move on. Completely. You plastered a smile on your face, a real smile and turned around. “Yes! The handsome-est!”  You squealed. Kai’s eyes widened. He gaped at you. Then slowly he walked towards you. A twinkle in his eyes; bounce in his steps; he crossed the distance between you two.

“And you are the most beautiful, Park Jooyin. I…I love you.” Your eyes widened this time. You gasped and looked up at Kai. “W-What?” You stammered. “I love you, Jooyin. Now and forever. I’ll always be by your side and I hope you can be by my side too. I’ll make you happy always. I love you.” Your eyes started to tear up. “Kai…I…I…” “Shhh…” He placed his index finger on your lips. “You don’t have to say it yet, Jooyin, I’ll wait until you are ready. I’ll wait.”

You shook your head. You stifled a sob and hugged him close. “You mean a lot to me Kai. I…You’re my whole world.” You inhaled his scent. Kai chuckled. “That’ll have to do for now, Jooyin. You’re my world too.” He pulled away and grabbed your hand instead. “Let’s go for a walk.” He suggested. You looked outside. “But...it’s getting dark…” “So? That never stopped us before! Come on! Let’s go!”

Kai pulled you outside and suddenly halted. He looked up to the sky and smiled. “Hey Jooyin?” You turned to him. “Hmm?” He looked at you then back at the crescent moon beginning to show in the orange sky. “I was right. You are the most beautiful. Moon is nowhere near your beauty.” He murmured leaning close. You stare into his eyes. Shadow of a slow smile beginning to paint your lips.

And Kai placed his lips over yours just as sun set into the sky. You placed your hand over his fluttering heart. Every heartbeat assuring you, making you feel loved and safe. You smiled and leaned closer to him.

Under the streetlight, flowers dropped. Tears of pain and rejection squeezing out. And those feet heavily turned around and returned back with an equally heavy heart.

And this day marked new relationships; three lovers; one in love; one who fell out of love; and one who never will love again.  

***

A/N:

Sorry guys, if you haven't already, please check out this. So, I updated, there is a new start with Kai now. Are you guys a little bit excited now ??? Because I am ! Please enjoy this chapter and don't forget to leave a comment ! :)