Chapter 8: One Mistake

Behind That Smile

You and Kai were walking around a park when your phone beeped. Your eyes widened. It was a picture sent by an unknown sender. The picture was another one of those. Kris with a girl in bed. You sighed. Every time, it hurt even worse. For some reason, everyone decided that whoever Kris sleeps with,  will send you the picture with all the glorious details. It had almost become a tradition for them. Every picture made those girls proud and smug. Every picture made you sad and depressed.

You tried to hide it but Kai snatched the phone out of your hands. You struggled to get it back but the look Kai sent you was enough to make you stand still. You nervously studied his face for a reaction while he examined the photo.

Finally, he silently and impassively gave you back your phone. Then he caught your hand in his and marched towards where you were dreading the most. Kris’ place.

Kai dragged you to the door, almost painfully, and knocked on the door. There were footsteps and the door opened revealing a half- Kris scratching his head. “Oh! Hey Kai! And JOO JOO!” He immediately lunged forwards to hug you but Kai pulled you back.

Kris stumbled but regained his posture. Then he noticed your entwined hands. He looked up to your face but all he saw there was sadness. In that second, Kris regretted ever doing anything wrong to you. But then he shook his head, no, he was doing it to protect you, yes, protect you.

Then his gaze strayed to Kai’s and locked. “What is this about?” Kris whispered, dreading the answer. His two most important people, his girlfriend and his best friend, were standing there looking at him like he committed a crime.

“This is about me taking her. I’m told you before Kris that you should be more careful of how you treat her. I warned you…And if you cannot take care of her, then I will!” Kai yelled and turned around dragging you with him down the driveway. You looked back over your shoulder and your eyes met Kris’.

The sorrow in them was unbearable and you were about to go to him when he yelled at you, “I don’t need you anyways! I have other girls!” And that said, he turned around and stalked into the house. But he failed to see the tears that have overflown your eyes and were now falling down your cheeks in wet trails.

You sobbed and sobbed that night on the couch, leaning on Kai’s shoulder, while he held you. “It’s alright…shh..” He whispered soothingly. And in a matter of seconds you were asleep. Kai carried you to your bed while he replaced himself back on the couch.

That night he lay awake. Thinking he has made a mistake. He knew he was doing it for you. But what he wasn’t sure about was whether you wanted him to do it for you. Whether you wanted him to push away Kris because you had no willpower when it comes to say ‘no’ to Kris.

That night, Kris lay awake, his tears soaking his pillow. His eyes burning and swollen because he could simply not imagine a life without you. He had said those hurtful words and he wanted to take them back but he couldn’t and some part of him was scared. Really scared, that you had gone from his life. Forever...

***

A/N:

Hey there guys! I have FINALLY updated. I am SO SORRY for such a late update but I'm just too busy and tired to update. I know my AFF shows that I'm on all the time but it is because I don't close it but I'm not actually on.....T_T Confusing. Anyways, I've finally managed to bring her and Kai together yeah? Now they have a chance. This fic might be ending soon with what I have in my mind...Anyways please comment and tell me what you think about it. Thank you all so much! Please enjoy!:D