Chapter 7: Start of Something New

Behind That Smile

*Flashback*

It was three months since your Lotte World date. And it was two months since Kris ditched you for someone else and sent Kai for you. AGAIN. But at least he was thoughtful enough to send Kai for you. But this time, you kept in touch with Kai. You had grown closer to him. Somehow, he always comforted you. And you…liked it.

You shook your head and got ready. Well…you were going to go shop with Kai. You quickly got ready and headed downstairs. Just as you reached the door, the bell rang. You smiled and opened the door. “Kai!” You smiled. As usual, he whipped out a bouquet of flowers. And presented them to you with a grin. You laughed. This time it was red roses. Last time it was orchids. Before that, jasmines.

“Thank you.” You said and took the flowers and put them in water with the other ones he had given. You smiled at the collection. You turned back to Kai. “Let’s go, yeah?” He asked. You nodded. He offered you his arm and you gladly took it. You both walked to his car. He opened the door for you. You just smiled at him. Then he went around and got in the other seat. He started the car. “Ready?” He asked and you nodded bracing yourself for his ‘over-speeding’ habit.

You both stopped in front of a mall. You got off and so did he. He took your hand and placed it on his arm again. You just smiled and followed him inside the mall. You stopped a cute shop and tugged on his arm pointing at it. He laughed and pinched your cheeks.

This was the relationship between you and Kai. You didn’t have to talk much and neither did he. You communicated with him easily and he understood you. He was your best friend. He smiled at you and rose his eyebrows. His way of asking ‘what are you thinking about?’ You shook your head. Your way of answering ‘nothing’. This was what it was between you and Kai. A happy friendship.

Unfortunately, Kai didn’t exactly agree with you at this. You didn’t know it but he…started falling for you the first time Kris sent him instead. The night you had self-harmed. But he was too worried about you. So, he decided to watch over you instead. Kai was very good friends with Kris. In fact Kris was his other best mate.

So, he…decided to back off. What he didn’t realize was the fact that you were slowly developing feelings for him. That was a fact unknown to you. But who knows when, where and who love might strike?

You dragged him from store to store. Trying clothes for yourself, for him. But one thing caught your eye. It was a dragon. It reminded you of….Kris. Your smile faded however you walked towards it and picked it up. You bought it. Then you just stood and stared at it. You felt someone standing in front of you.

He wiped your tears and pulled you in his warm embrace. You sobbed your heart out. “Come on, let’s eat.” He held your hand and dragged you to the food court. You finally calmed down a little and you both ordered your lunch.

“Hey!” Kai said softly when you were silent. You looked up to him with grief filled eyes. “I’m scared.” You confess. “About what?” He whispers. “I’m scared that I’m using you as a replacement for Kris…I don’t wanna do that. You are a nice guy.” You averted your gaze and lowered your head.

Kai used his fore finger to tip your head up. Making your gaze lock with his. “Park Jooyin. You are NOT using me. It is MY wish to stay by your side as your friend. I know you are a nice girl. And that’s why I believe you. I know Kris is a jerk.”

“But…he needs time, Joo. I am serious. There is something stopping him from coming to you. I know he always makes excuse how you are young and he can’t have…fun…with you but that’s not it. I know you have put up with his a lot, Joo. And I know whether I say it or not…you will wait for him no matter what and will love him no matter what.”

You opened your mouth but nothing came out. “That’s why I’m asking you to be my girlfriend, Joo. I know you have no feelings towards me. I know you love him but he…doesn’t exactly treat you nice. And that’s an understatement. That’s why please give me a chance. Please, I understand that you will say no. But, if he does anything to break your heart again. Promise me, Joo, you will come to me. Even for a short while.”

You were shocked and surprised. You loved Kris a lot. And this felt like cheating on him but….You nodded. “I….promise.” Kai reached out to take your hand again. He squeezed it and you squeezed it back. “I will be waiting.” You smiled at him. But your heart felt very heavy. You closed your eyes. Thinking about what you just promised.

You didn’t regret it. But you didn’t….like it either. But you couldn’t just say no to him. You couldn’t. And deep somewhere inside you….your heart….feelings started to develop for Kai…       

 *Flashback ends* 

*******

A/N:

Hey guys! You guys wanted her with Kai right? WEll...here you go...but...don't get too excited remember...she isn't exactly dating him cz....guess what? Kris needs to mess up first yeah? Well, lemme assure you that he messes up quiet a lot so...well....promises can be broken guys....remember!

so, as usual, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and most importantly, ENJOY! (this line is getting old) Lolz!:D