002

Unexpected You

Junhyung, standing there anxiously waiting for the girl Song Ji Eun to come forward. It's been long seconds, no one was stepping up. It made Junhyung nervous.

Principal Gil suddenly spoke, "Looks like Song Ji Eun isn't stepping up."

Junhyung replies, "I guess not." He nods his head with disappointment.

Principal Gil said to Junhyung, "Is there anyone else you'd like to sing this song with?"

Junhyung shook his head. Junhyung answers back, "No, no one in mind right now. But until then, I will try to find someone else to fit this song of mine."

Principal Gil nods. After asking the other people who were standing there to see who were their partners, the assembly was over. Junhyung stood after school because he had to do some cleaning. After sweeping the classrooms, he walks out of the classroom, just then, Hyorin approaches him.

"Oppa-ah, I heard you're assigned to a song, did you find your partner yet?" asked Hyorin.

Junhyung half smiled and just walks away. Junhyung knows that Hyorin wanted to be his partner, but her voice wasn't fit for the song. As he walk away from Hyorin, he saw a bunch of other girls waiting for Junhyung to ask him if they can be his partner, so he decided to turn back and walk the opposite direction. As he turned back, he bumped into a girl who had a bucket full of water and a bag of cleaning equipments. Junhyung caused the girl to spill the water

Junhyung apologizes, "I'm sorry. Lemme help you."

The girl shook her head and said, "Oh, no, it was my fault, I'm sorry."

Junhyung apologizes some more, "Really, it was my fault. You don't need to say sorry."

The girl nods as she looks down.

Junhyung explains to the girl why he bumped into her, "You see, I have these girls who wants to be my partner, but they just won't fit to be my partner, that's why when I tried to run away from them, I accidently bumped into you."

The girl just nods then looks up and said to Junhyung, " It's okay. I understand."

Junhyung nods. It was awkward, so he decides to introduce himself. "By the way, I'm Junhyung." Junhyung offers a handshake, but the girl refuses.

"I'm sorry, I would, but I'm dirty right now.. Elbow?" said the girl. The girl offers her elbow and Junhyung accepts her elbow and so he elbowed her back.

Then, the girls saw them and came towards them. Just then, the girl grabs a hold of Junhyung's hands and ran away with him to hide him, along with the bucket filled with water. Junhyung was taken by surprise by what the girl did.

Junhyung's P.O.V.

Whoa? She doesn't give me a handshake, but she's willing to hide me? Weird...

The girl took Junhyung to the last floor of the school, they hid in a hidden classroom that wasn't being used anymore. The girl gave Junhyung a smile, Junhyung just smirks.

Junhyung asked, "Why are you---"

Without finishing his sentence, the girl puts her index fingers on Junhyung's lips telling him to be quiet. Outside the classroom, the group of girls were around, but did not see them anywhere so they left. Junhyung felt pretty disgusted by the girl's finger, since it was "dirty".

The girl removes her finger and said, "I'm sorry, I know I told you my hands were dirty, but.. I'm sorry."

Junhyung replies, "You're lucky that you saved me from them. So, it's okay."

The girl nods and smiles and said, "Then you can go now."
Junhyung leaves, but wonders why she was still there, so he went back to her.

Junhyung asked, "What are you still doing here alone?"

The girl replies, "Oh, I'm cleaning this room."

Junhyung asked another question, "Why? No one uses this room anymore."

The girl answers, "I'm cleaning this room so in the future when my uncle does give it to me, I'll teach in this room just because it's.... (looks at Junhyung) Special."

Junhyung asked another question, "Who's your uncle?"

The girl answers, "Principal Gil."

Junhyung was surprised by her answer that his eyes grew bigger.

Junhyung blinks and asked with a shocked face, "Really?"

The girls stops cleaning and just shook her head. "I was just kidding. No." And began cleaning the room again.

Junhyung nods and looks around the room, it was quite dirty. Junhyung looks at his watch, it was already 6pm, he got done with his cleaning already, so he wanted to go home.

Junhyung tells the girl, "Well, I'm about to go home, see you around."

The girl replies, "Okay, bye then."

Junhyung replies, "See you then." Junhyung takes one last look around the room. He wonders why the girl wanted the room and why it was so special. He leaves anyway.


The next day comes, Junhyung came earlier to school and heads to Principal Gil's office. Junhyung knocks the door.

Principal Gil tells Junhyung, "Come in."

Junhyung goes in and sits down. "Principal Gil, I know there are a lot of girls out there, but I just haven't found my partner yet."

Principal Gil asks, "Well, are you going to find one?"

Junhyung nods.

Principal Gil, "Do you have someone in mind?"

Junhyung shook his head. Junhyung then said, "I can't find anyone I'm interested in."

Principal Gil said, "It's not like it's due anytime soon, you just have to finish it by graduation."

Junhyung asks, "Graduation? That's like three months from now... Will I get done on time?"

Principal Gil nods. "You should."

Junhyung then nods. "Thank you. I'll leave you now. Bye."

Junhyung leaves the office, graduation was three more months away, so he had time. He goes out the school and went to sit out at the stairs outside. He saw the same girl from yesterday there already, she was jogging around the school while singing. Junhyung approaches her.

Junhyung shouts, "Trouble maker!"

With that being said, Junhyung scares the girl. The girl jumps and stops jogging and singing. She looks at Junhyung and took out her headphones.

The girl asks, "You scared me. Now what did you say?"

Junhyung shook his head. Junhyung asks, "What are you doing here so early?"

The girl answers Junhyung, "I'm just warming up my voice for today. I'm audtioning to sing the national anthem. What are you doing here?"

Junhyung nods. He then replies, "I was just meeting Principal Gil."

The girl nods and then looked at Junhyung with a scared face. She swallows her saliva and asks, "Did you tell him I said he was my uncle? Cause if you did, he'd kill me!"

Her eyes got so big, it scared Junhyung. Junhyung replies, "No. I just wanted to tell him about my situation." The girl was relieved.

The girl then said to Junhyung, "Well, did you wanna jog with me?"

Junhyung agrees to jog with her. Luckily he wore his sweats today and brought his iPod with him. The girl told Junhyung to blast his music as he jog. Junhyung blasts is music and jogs besides the girl. When jogging, Junhyung's earphones fell off, he heard the girl besides him sing. The girl was singing "Poison" from Um Junghwa. Instead of putting back the earphones back into his ears, he just leaves them off and listened to the girl sing. He was enjoying her voice so much that he forgot they were even jogging. After she finished singing the song, she notices that Junhyung was looking at her, so she stops and trips on her shoe. She fell over, Junhyung stops jogging and went down onto the ground to help the girl.

Junhyung asks with worriedness, "Are you okay?"

The girl nods while rubbing her knee. Junhyung removes her hands and saw that her knee was bleeding. Junhyung took out his hankerchief out from his pocket and tied it around her knees. He carries her bridal style and took her inside the nurse's office. After getting there, Junhyung heads to the bathroom. Principal Gil comes in.

Principal Gil asks the nurse, "What happened to my niece?"

The nurse replies, "Oh, she just injured her knee while jogging. Nothing big."
Principal Gil released a sigh. He went to sit down next to the girl.

Principal Gil said to the girl, "I'm glad you're fine. I don't want anything to hurt you, Jieun-ah. Please, be careful next time."

Ji Eun nods in agreement. Ji Eun said to Principal Gil, "The only reason why I fell is because--"
Without finishing her sentence, Junhyung comes out from the bathroom after finding out that Principal Gil and Ji Eun were related.